My Atkins Journey and diary

Aw no i love my carrots. Think one has to have another look at what i can and cant eat.
Thx

JoanneM said:
Cumbernauld is a horrible place to get to if you dont drive. I used to live in the West End so know it relatively well.

Totally agree, whole place is a dive. However my customer has a lovely ice cream parlour/ gift shop in the shopping centre.

Last edited:
hello girls!
agree on the towns/cities bit, i hate them, definitely a country bumpkin, only go in when i have to, we have a wee tesco in the next village, busy enough for me!

Morning Julz. :D

I like where we are, small town with the big city 20 minutes away, best of both worlds I think, we have the countryside just down the road and the bright lights the other side. :)

Aw no i love my carrots. Think one has to have another look at what i can and cant eat.
Thx

Julz, I posted a list of allowed veggies i my "So you're thinking of starting Atkins" stickie love.

Jim said:
Julz, I posted a list of allowed veggies i my "So you're thinking of starting Atkins" stickie love.

Thx jim,
I suppose i thought i was doing pretty well with my food but maybe not well enough.
Will have a wee gander at the sticky.

Good evening all.
Well cant say ive had a great day when it comes to food.
Menu so far
B mim with 3 eggs scrambled with cheese
L 4 rashers of bacon
D cooking pork as i type
S 1 babybel
W 1 ltr
So really not had much today.
Not to sound crude but it seems i am having the opposite effect in the toilet department. Every shake diet i have done i find myself going days without needing!.
Going ot tonight to some comedy evening with the girlies and have decided to drive so i dont drink anything i shouldnt.
Anyone have a recipe for rib pork. Boiling it just now then was going to season and put in the oven. Would normally put bbq sauce over it but not a atkins option here.
Going to go through the veggie sticky. Catch up later.

Hi Julz...

Missed you starting yr diary as I've not been online so much. Glad yr loving Atkins!

I'm a country bumpkin but I love Brighton as its so Boho!

Have a fab friday eve. x

Goodevening all.

Well what have I been up to today?Not a great deal to be honest.Got up late coz I was out at a comedy night which was dire.
Weight back down to 12.13 which is a plus.
Started the day with the usual black coffee, then made myself and OH a mushroom, bacon and cheese 3 egg omlette.
Made a small mim pate, which I sliced into 4 rounds and toasted 2 of them to have as well.
Didnt bother with lunch as was still stuffed from breckie. Was going to have gammon and veg for dinner, but saw the lamb cutlets and decided on them covered with mint, served along side left over cabbage and sprouts with a couple of bits of broccoli thrown in, I made a boursin and cream sauce and mixed it in with the veg, and I have to admit it was lush.
Did have a crafty wee gin and tonic, but just the one.
On my 4th bottle of water now and feel fine.
So its now 9.50 and we are now watching Shutter Island with the family before we retire.
Off to my friends candle party so will have to make sure I have a decent breakfast again or a good lunch as there will be cakes guarenteed as thats her thing.
Hope you have all had a great saturday so far and sunday is just as good for you all.
Speak to you all tomorrow.
J
x

Good evening everyone,
I hope your weekend has been a grand affair.
As I said on last post I was at my friends candle party which was nice chilled afternoon.Just as I thought she had plenty cupcakes to offer, but I touched none, infact I brought 2 home to give to D and OH.

Couldnt decide on my dinner so while doing my weekly meat shop bought a couple of salmon fillets with a chilli and lime sauce, they were devine.

I sneaked back on the scales at 7am and just as I thought I am back up to 13 stone again, why is that?Surely when your being good, and infact I wouldnt say I am even eating all that much and drank at least 2 1/2 to 3 lts of water do I still put back on.

So because of this annoying fact I am going just stick to scambled eggs and bacon in the morning, roast chicken pieces(cooking as I type)for lunch on the road and a plain meat with no cream sauces etc along with my greens and if after all that i am still getting bigger then I need to think drastically about what I am doing wrong.
Maybe its my mim cakey thingy, its only small and I go by what the recipe is except I always forget the butter, but maybe thats the source of evil for me.

If you have any advice please give as I am enjoying my food to much to have to give it up and go back to shakes again.
Could really do with something sweet right now but forgot to make my jelly up.Oh well not to worry, will manage without.
Anyway will finish this before it turns into a novel and catch up soon.
x

Last edited:
Morning Julz

I sneaked back on the scales at 7am and just as I thought I am back up to 13 stone again, why is that?Surely when your being good, and infact I wouldnt say I am even eating all that much and drank at least 2 1/2 to 3 lts of water do I still put back on.

Stick to weighing yourself weekly, your body will vary on a daily basis love.

Jim said:
Morning Julz

Stick to weighing yourself weekly, your body will vary on a daily basis love.

Morning Jim
Your right, i know, even my OH shouted at me to stop. So i wont do it again till sunday morning before i head down to Birmingham.
Thx again

You're coming to Birmingham Julz?

hey hon :) did you have a read on the stickies again?
Yes weighing yourself more than once a week is wrong (trust me im addicted to weighing myself at least 3 times a day!)

You're coming to Birmingham Julz?

Yeh Jim,
I am coming down on Sunday afternoon till wednesday for the gift fair.Part of me is dreading it as we eat and drink loads and the other part is really looking forward to it. I think I will be fine, will stay of the booze and eat just chicken....watch this space.lol

Last edited:
hey hon :) did you have a read on the stickies again?
Yes weighing yourself more than once a week is wrong (trust me im addicted to weighing myself at least 3 times a day!)

Hey,
I am totally addicted to weighing myself.Every morning at 7am and sometimes in the evening just to see how much ive put on in the day. SAD I know.
So hoping this diet works as I am enjoying it, so fingers crossed.

Morning Julz, where is the gift fair then, I don't think I've seen anything advertised at all.

Afternoon jim.
Its in nec. The biggest gift fair in europe. Long hours on your feet and very busy. Quite a surreal place, and an eclectic mix of people, even the odd celeb( generally chefs or designers. Good fun though.

I see, I won't be going then Julz. :)

Back