My Atkins Journey and diary

Hi Julz!

For your ribs, try doing them up with a bit of salt, pepper, soy sauce and splenda (and maybe a bit of tabasco) for some teriyaki style flavour... I do this to all sorts of meat and it's lovely and a bit sticky.

Off to make some now, actually!

I'm really looking forward to our meetup sometime soon. I'm free Wed/Thurs this week, plus Tues and Thurs next week. But I may have to catch you after you get back from your conference.

Good luck with your eating - I know it's hard in the beginning, especially with the vegetables (how can a carrot be bad?) It eventually becomes second nature. I'm doing better, I'm back on track and am at the point now I'm not drooling about chocolate. In for the long haul!!

See you soon!

Hi,
Thx for the recipe, sounds lush. Ended up eating what feels like to many veggies tonight, but then they are the only ones I will be having.Cauli heads,broccoli,a flat mushroom with boursin inside and a chicory head with boursin/cream sauce and bacon wrapped round it.It was all loovely, but I need some pud now.

Morning Julz, did you like the chicory?

Good mid morning jim.
Well the chicory.. the first mouthfull was horrid, however i kept at it and it was actually ok. I have one more in the fridge but i wont rush out and get another lot, to perfumey for me.
I felt really guilty when i went to bed last night coz i was hungrey i made a mim and toasted it and spread some organic peanut butter and a smearing of jam. it was lovely but felt really bad, just needed something.
Anyway i am sitting in my car outside a takeaway which is actually my customer. The wind is howling and the rain is heavy and all i want is to go home and have something nice along with a cuppa.
My breath stinks of garlic from the boursin which i put on top of my eggs this morning and melted under the grill. They were the mutts, so creamy and smooth.
Well i think i better go and brave the weather.
Talk later
J

LOL Julz

I did say it's a marmite thing. :D

Haha. I like marmite.
Well at least i can say ive tried it.
What is celeriac like? I read people making them into chips. I dont like celery so if its like that i may struggle. Im the only one in the family willing to try new things so it doesnt happen very often.

Mmm if it tastes like parsnip then i will give it a try.

Just wondering about the choccies you all buy. Quite interested and missing having something sweet.

NO FRANKENFOODS!!!

Morning Julz. :)

Afternoon all.
Well its 2 weeks today i started on this new way of life. True to my word i have resisted standing on the scales, but i dont really feel i have lost anything, waiting till sunday morning.

Funny i never feel hungry but i feel compeled to eat something. I made a mim last night and put a bit of pate on it and i did enjoy but really wasnt needing it. Still think i am eating too much but when i look at my menu im not really.

Work wise has not been the best of weeks and i got up this morning to more snow. Normally i would say sod it and eat but nope not going to happen and i actually think its because of this website and everyone on it, i would feel to guilty, so thx all for being around.

Catch up later
J
X

Ha Ha , I know I can feel all the eyes burning into me.

Thx LF. Chuffed with myself that i havent reached for normal bread or biccies.

Morning Jules. :)

Morning Jules, keep up the good work :)

Morning all. Oops afternoon.
Well so far just had breakfast, just not had time yet for anything yet. Not even drank much yet.
Daughter is 16 today and wants me to buy her a little cake for tonight then have her big cake for tomorrow. Now the dilema is do i not have a piece or do i...mmm that is the question. I will let you know.
Still havent weighed myself, but dont feel like i have lost anything yet, early days.
Right must dash.
Ta ta.
J

No Cake, today or tomorrow Julz.

Back