My Atkins journey and learning to shred

Bolty

After reading everyone's inspirational posts and diaries I have decided to start my own diary to keep me motivated.
So today I think I start week 6 of the Atkins woe. I' ve lost track. So far I' ve had good losses, weeks with no losses and small gains, but the important thing is I'm lighter than I was!
from this forum I discovered the 30 day shred. I was not convinced that I'd do it more than once so I searched you tube and tried level one out. To start with it was very tough, but I decided to invest in not only 30 day shred but a box set of four of Jillian Michaels DVDs.
Today I completed day 10 level 2. I'm so proud of myself, twenty continues days of exercise. So far I' ve lost 4 inches off my waist and an inch off my bust (that's unfortunate as I don't have much bust to lose lol).
I have a great set of scales and for the times my weight doesn't shift I coan see my % of skeletal muscle increasing and my body fat lowering.
I'm your typical yoyo dieter. I've done ww in past, but that allows me to have treats and I become totally obsessed with my treats. Atkins so far is filling me up at each meal and I'm not craving crisps or sweet treats. Yippee, will this last though?
The worse part for me was week one. I couldn't drink my tea without milk so stopped drinking it and replaced it with fruit teas. I felt quite yucky that week. It masked the effects of going low carb though, I was so busy dealing with caffeine withdrawal. I can happily report I haven't touched tea since (don't like coffee) and I'm enjoying trying new fruit teas.
Enough woffleing on, time to bath the kids, schools back tomorrow and work for me and level 3 shred!

H

Well done you!! I've looked at the 30 day shred threads here and it sound rather scary!
Atkins is great isn't it!

Hi bolty, welcome to this way of eating, seems like you are doing really well. Good luck for the rest of your journey :)

Hi Bolty, great to find your diary:). Glad to hear atkins working for you - agree i love enjoying food but not being starving all the time. And well done on the waist inches - great stuff:)

Thanks for your welcoming comments :) sounds weird but kinda enjoying shred. It's only 20 mins of my day, often the kids join in too lol. I hope to keep the exercise up as I know its the key to me maintaining. My one treat is pear drop squash (sugar free of course). Trying to avoid any other deserts or sweet stuff to stop temptation.

Ah seems to be working now.

Todays menu-

Breakfast- flaxseed cracker with butter and marmite.
Lunch- tuna, lettuce, tomato and mayo
Dinner- cauliflower mash, peas, mushrooms, steak fried with chilli and black pepper
Evening snack- cubes of strong cheddar

Day 1 level 3 shred done:) boy Jillian loves a plank position.

My flaxseed cracker is a variation on a mim. 30g ground flaxseed, mixed with enough water to bind it. Spread thinly on a plate, micro for about 80 seconds. Carefully lift off plate and toast. I make these if I want something crunchy and also not to eggy.

Success of the day- getting back into my smaller work trousers, very fortunate as my bigger ones were driving me potty slipping down.

Woohoo! Smaller trousers! Can't beat it! Congrats :)

Sent from my HTC using MiniMins so excuse random words that have been autocorrected!

Day off today.

Hairdressers and Tesco shop, didn't do big shop last week as kids were off and in my opinion Tesco no fun with two kids.

I'll post daily menu later, not decided on tea yet:)

Breakfast- two hard boiled eggs sliced in half and topped with mayo and paprika

Lunch- ham salad, in a hurry busy morning and was getting on for school run

Dinner- spatchcock chicken, few carrots and green beans for colour and cauliflower rice

Shred level 3 day 2 done:)

Hello Helen... Love your menus and you've done so well!!! Congrats! Xx

Morning. Another wet start to the day here:(

Breakfast- flaxseed cracker with butter and marmite

Lunch- leftovers. Cauliflower rice with chicken and mayo. Eaten cold like a rice salad.
(May not be popular at work with cauliflower and garlic chicken)

Dinner- defrosting some mince. Probably be cheeseburger pie cauliflower mash and broccoli.

Have a good day whatever your up to :)

Cauliflower rice cold from the night before makes a delicious salad. It was the first time I made it, I didn't bother with the microwave and went straight to the frying pan. Really yummy, how do the rest of you make it?

I would describe my cooking skills as experimental, lol, I try new things but adapt to suit my store cupboard supplies.

Todays cheeseburger pie was adapted as I discovered the frozen mince was turkey not beef. Fried it with some spices and constructed topping and it was lovely.

Anyone got any soya flour in their cupboard? I'm trying to source some, the sell it at Tesco but unfortunately it has a nut warning on the label. My ds has a peanut allergy and I don't have food in the house he can't enjoy to. I would really like to try some baking out for an occasion sweet treat.

May try to pop to Holland and Barrett see what they stock there.

Never made cauliflower rice, might try it if it works for a salad. My soya also says met contain traces of nuts.

Sent from my HTC using MiniMins so excuse random words that have been autocorrected!

I do the same with my rice Helen, don't bother with the micro if I'm stir frying. My local holland & barrett has soy flour. Wonder if there is a low carb flour alternative without nuts? I think maybe coconut flour is nut free as silly as that sounds but coconuts are not nuts so maybe?

Back