My Atkins journey and learning to shred

Agree recommend avoiding milk unless just a splash. Alternative is unsweetened soya milk

I use Tesco economy unsweetened soya milk in everything. Really low carb and works just like milk. But there's really no need throw cream away, add some to everything!

Sent from my HTC using MiniMins so excuse random words that have been autocorrected!

God its so hard to shift the fat is bad moto we're exposed to everyday.

Snack used to be a large bag of kettle chips, a large bag of chocolate buttons ( those resealable ones, though rarely did I reseal) or a good day both plus red wine.

Snack now cubes of cheese or mim

Could do with a nice dessert occasionally, but not that kean on splenda taste. Maybe some strawberries and cream soon?

Thanks for all your advice and tips, I'll keep going with the cream.

Oops!

Red wine, pizza, crisps and chocolate.

Tomorrow is another day and hubby had bday.

First slip( but what a big one) in 7 weeks. Only managed 3 slices of pizza :) good result showed control, but still shoved down crisps and chocolate.

No shred tonight either. Oh well gonna sleep on it and start fresh tomorrow. I'm only human.

Night night.

Morning, just remember to drink plenty of water and you will soon ne back on track , hope you enjoyed it! :)

Very much enjoyed lol

Very thirsty and tummy feels bit bloated now.

Back on plan today.

Eggs for breakfast then weekly shop to restock on veg :)

Feel uncomfortable so won't do that too frequently. If I can stay back on plan then I know I'm winning with this woe. Normally if I was doing say ww I would just abandon the plan.

Wish me luck.

Good luck! My Hubby's birthday tomorrow, already thinking of trying not eat cake!

Sent from my HTC using MiniMins so excuse random words that have been autocorrected!

Well yesterday I had a little slip up with a bag of open crisps. They sat tormenting me and in the end I ate them :(

At least the temptation has now gone.

Back in the zone, only missed shred one day and finish my thirty days tomorrow!

Breakfast. Cold chicken left over veg and mayo

Lunch chicken salad

Dinner mushrooms, tomato, mash cauli with meatball pie

Meatball pie was variation of cheeseburger pie just made with meatballs instead of mince. Very yummy, worked really well.

Morning Bolty, i tend to rush around the house dropping all DDs left overs straight in the bin! Yes it's a waste - but so is treating my body like a dust bin;)

Hi Katie, think it was cause I'd had a carb binge night before, had cravings which I had been clear of for over a month.

Back on straight and narrow again.

Just finished 30 day shred :) new DVD tomorrow. New challenge 6 week 6 pack. I'm mad, from no exercise to Jillian challenges.

Evening Bolty, Well done on doing the shred. Don't know if I'll ever manage 30 in a row.

Jillian has a way of getting us from no exercise of obsessive doesn't she :)

Firstly I would like to update my diary title, but can't on my phone so I'm stuck with it for now.

I must admit it took me 31 days to complete shred I took one day off (my carb binge day was no shred so double bad day)

Oh my started six week six pack tonight. It is tough. Mainly because I am not very co-ordinated and the side planks they need some work.

On plus side only need one hand weight for this routine, and plank jacks felt easier than in shred.

Brunch tuna salad
Dinner Debbie and Andrew sausages, cauli mash green beans with grated cheese

Loads of water today
3 or 4 fruit teas

Fed up today. I am paying for my carb blow out on Monday with a two pound gain :'(So tempted to reach for the cereal for breakfast. Instead the quickest food I could find was left over cauli mash which I ate with pepperoni slices. Weird but at least kept carbs lower than if I'd had cereal.Hubby trying to reassure me its muscle increase from my new regular exercise routine. Will I ever be able to eat carbs without gaining weight?

The quick answer is no - not when you have a carb blow out while otherwise low carbing. But it's fake weight you're gaining. You haven't actually put on 2lbs of fat, what's happened is that eating carbs has allowed your body to regain it's store of glycogen. Losing glycogen is the reason people have a big loss in their first week on Atkins.

So, taking a day off to eat carbs while otherwise low carbing will almost always result in a gain. It will also slow your loss for the rest of the week as you get back into ketosis.

But!!

Once you've lost your weight and move though owl and maintenance you'll be adding carbs gradually until you find the level where you can eat medium carbs without gaining or losing. So long term, yes you'll be able to eat a reasonable amount of carbs without gaining. It's just short term that a day off will cause you problems. But again, it's not fat and it will go once you're back on the wagon.

B leftover caulimash with pepperoniL two rashers bacon and fried eggD broccoli, csuli, spinich, green beans creamy chickenS sugar free jelly2 litres waterNo more trouble zones DVD todayThink I kind of enjoyed this one. LolNo cardio except warm up. Loads of strength and targets problem areas.Probably do again tomorrow, read reviews on banish fat boast metabolism and very experienced exercisers have said not for beginners so think ill build up to that DVD.

Back