My atkins journey....

Marysu

Silver Member
I'm going to start posting what i eat and my exercise to help me stay on track.

WENS
Breakfast:
4 rashers of bacon

Lunch:
2 scrambled eggs with 30g cheddar cheese
Fruit tea
Lettuce and cucumber

Dinner:
2 burgers
Mushrooms and leeks

Snacks:
Tin of tuna
Sugar free jelly
Swimming pool full of water. :D
Oh and a MiM for my fibre intake.

I don't know if the fruit tea is okay or not but the carbs are 0.7g per 250mls infused.

Exercise:Hmm, it's raining out side so it's going to be the wii. I'll go on for half an hour as i'm only going to do yoga and muscle groups today. They don't usually take very long.

That's a meagre breakfast Marysu.

as for the teas, just add in the carbs to your daily carb count love.

I take it that means either big or small Jim but i don't know which:)

THURSDAY
Breakfast:
2 sausages
Tuna mayo

Lunch:
Chicken
Broccoli
MiM

Dinner:
Lamb Burger
More broccoli
Coleslaw(minus carrot)
Cracker barrel cheese

Other:
Water
Diet 7up
1 fruit tea

Exercise: Already been shopping and walked there so one and a half miles done doing that. Going to do half an hour at least on the wii fit.

The kids are making cupcakes today and i'm dreading it. All that chocolate and coconut flying around, and i seriously love coconut!! Must stay strong. I must resist!!

It means small love, I'd be starving in 10 minutes if that's all I had for breakfast.

I'm not really a big breakfast eater. I usually have it at 11am after school run, cleaning etc.

Them cupcakes are in the oven and the smell is driving me nuts, so i'm going to make a little crustless cheese cake for myself to get my fix. :)

You're lucky FaF, i love (loved) them.

FRI
Breakfast:
4 rashers
30g cracker barrel cheese

Lunch:
Tuna mayo
Leafy salad

Dinner:
2 gammon steaks
Broccoli
Crustless cheese cake

Other:
Water

Exercise: 1hr wii fit, gardening later in the day:(

I'm feeling pretty crappy today, all sluggish and drained, been like this since tuesday. I'm worried i'm not getting enough fat because i'm still grilling burgers and rashers etc. I know i shouldn't but i can't abide grease on my food. I'm the girl who wipes grease off her sausage in the takeaway with a napkin. Will the mayo, cream and cheese work as well in giving me that fat i need or is that the wrong way of getting it into me? Any advice from anyone on this would be really really helpful. I'm also drinking loads of water so that can't be it. Can't seem to get back in ketosis either. :(

I grill most things too, Marysu, I just prefer the taste.

Not sure about the sluggishness, you could be on your way into ketosis? Which always feels rough. Are you eating enough veggies & getting enough fibre?

Hmm, interesting point. I fry most meals.

Defintely getting enough of both fibre and water. I try have a mim everyday because that is full of fibre. Also eating alot of broccoli, thats why i just can't understand it. It's the first time i've encountered this doing atkins. I'm going to eat a bit for cheese and cream than i had planned for, just for today. Hopefully that might just help. Looking at my food diary, there's nearly more protein than fat. I think it's supposed to be the other way round. Also going to have a korean ginseng now to perk me up before i fall asleep. xXx

Now adding a bottle of white wine @7.5g carbs for the whole bottle :) and 50g cracker barrel cheese.

:O
how do you calculate the carbs in a bottle of wine!!

I got blossom hill and it had and the info on the back 1g per 100mls and there's 750mls in it. Now i did pick up others and they had no info on them so i went for my favourite and luck was in my corner.

i have 'Echo Falls'

*goes to check their website*

bugger all on the webby!!!!

Could you not find out hun?

Hmm, it's a zinfandel isn't it?

Almaden White Zinfandel - 6.8g / 4oz glass
Beringer White Zinfandel - 4.0g / 4oz glass
Sutter Home White Zinfandel - 6.4g / 4oz glass

Ouch, thats a lot.

it is a lot isn't it. More than a bottle of dry red. :O

Back