My battle against my belly

I've only been to the website a few times, much easier on the phone :)

So far I'm liking the whole calorie counting thing. I ate a snickers bar yesterday and didn't even feel guilty as I knew how many calories I'd consumed and I had enough spare.

Getting up early to exercise is a real effort tho. Yesterday I had to get up at 5am just so I'd have time to exercise..... I didn't get home till 7:30pm last night and consequently haven't gotten up early enough this morning to exercise! I'll have to really try to make myself do it tonight.

I'm not really looking forward to my next weigh-in.

Hiya!

I used to be at the gym for 6am every morning (except on weekends) and at first it was SO hard. Especially as it was January at the time. But after a couple of weeks i used to look forward to going back to the gym on a sunday night. I used to feel amazing all day if i had really pushed myself. Does your gym have early morning classes? I am a bit addicted to kick boxing at the moment and even if i go to class absolutely shattered, i get home after two hard core hours and i feel on top of the world. It sounds daft but it fills me with energy!

Stick with it chica and you'll suddenly feel like the gym is something you look forward to

I;m glad you are eating what you want. I think if you cut things out you just want them so much more!

Have a good day lovely!

x

Pastaholic said:
So far I'm liking the whole calorie counting thing. I ate a snickers bar yesterday and didn't even feel guilty as I knew how many calories I'd consumed and I had enough spare.

Getting up early to exercise is a real effort tho. Yesterday I had to get up at 5am just so I'd have time to exercise..... I didn't get home till 7:30pm last night and consequently haven't gotten up early enough this morning to exercise! I'll have to really try to make myself do it tonight.

I'm not really looking forward to my next weigh-in.

The snickers bar is actual counted as a mod GI item lol just cause of the nuts - I used to be addicted to them, put them in the freezer - have switched to those nakd bars and cashew nuts instead..

Well done on getting up to exercise! Years ago before kids and when I worked full time, I used to go to the gym at lunch time for a quick workout, and then if I hadn't gone at lunch I'd go in The evening - alway made me feel better :) also did salsa classes 2-3 times a week - oh how I miss my salsa dancing lol

Now when I'm feel ok, I go to an exercise class after my kids are in bed, hubby on the couch :) or if I can have a turn with the TV an exercise DVD

Have a good day

KateR said:
Hiya!

I used to be at the gym for 6am every morning (except on weekends) and at first it was SO hard. Especially as it was January at the time. But after a couple of weeks i used to look forward to going back to the gym on a sunday night. I used to feel amazing all day if i had really pushed myself. Does your gym have early morning classes? I am a bit addicted to kick boxing at the moment and even if i go to class absolutely shattered, i get home after two hard core hours and i feel on top of the world. It sounds daft but it fills me with energy!

Stick with it chica and you'll suddenly feel like the gym is something you look forward to

I;m glad you are eating what you want. I think if you cut things out you just want them so much more!

Have a good day lovely!

x

Hi Kate,

Thanks for your lovely comments and support. I don't have a gym membership at the moment. I have a fairly decent cross trainer at home that I use. It tells me how many calories I've burnt after each workout. I think the two biggest obstacles for me are 1) my stress levels and 2) my husband! He constantly brings junk food in like crisps and sweets. Even if we do a fairly healthy weekly shop, he'll stop mid week and buy junk, including alcohol. Not helpful!

Regarding stress, I don't think there's any way of avoiding it at the moment. The course I'm doing is coming to an end this autumn and I'm busy collecting data for a 40,000 word report I haven't even started yet. In addition to that I have a fairly large caseload of patients to see every week. I'll be so glad once it's finished and I can just go to work and not worry about stupid academic deadlines!

Mis-behave said:
The snickers bar is actual counted as a mod GI item lol just cause of the nuts - I used to be addicted to them, put them in the freezer - have switched to those nakd bars and cashew nuts instead..

Well done on getting up to exercise! Years ago before kids and when I worked full time, I used to go to the gym at lunch time for a quick workout, and then if I hadn't gone at lunch I'd go in The evening - alway made me feel better :) also did salsa classes 2-3 times a week - oh how I miss my salsa dancing lol

Now when I'm feel ok, I go to an exercise class after my kids are in bed, hubby on the couch :) or if I can have a turn with the TV an exercise DVD

Have a good day

You must be sooo motivated to exercise and lose weight! I actually enjoy exercising, but only when I'm not already exhausted from work.... I think last week I managed one workout during the week, and worked out both Saturday and Sunday. It's always the same story. lol.

BTW, I love MyFitnessPal, but I must admit when I cheat on my diet and eat something really naughty, I've been abandoning it for that day, probably out of feelings of guilt! Have you ever done that?

Oh love that is hard!!!

I am on my own at the moment with very few distractions as of tomorrow so it far easier when i dont have to fret about the junk food. Have you had a chat with him about it?

I sometimes think its harder having your training gear at home... its like its taunting you all the time hehehe

I hope youre having a lovely Sunday xx

P.s. only 3 more posts until you can see all the members diaries! xx

No I still put it on MFP as I would be cheating (hiding food) myself - and that would make me feel bad, guilty etc ., also it makes me think do I want to eat that way again ., Also sometimes you end up seeing a patten of crap your eating and plan to try change those habits :)

Well, after two weeks of falling off the wagon I just got up the nerve to weigh myself - three pound gain. It's a lot but not as much as I'd feared. I burnt 500 calories exercising yesterday and have lots planned for today to hopefully get back on track. If I could just get rid of five measly pounds I'd be so pleased as I'd be out of the 190's!!

You will do it! Had wondered where you had gone :)

this forum is amazing, full of inspirational people like you , keep it up sweetie x

I totally appreciate your support gals :))))

Had a lovely picnic with hubby today and ate a few too many calories so just burned off 500 more on my cross trainer ;-)

Whew! Busy weekend but managed to stay more or less on track! I've quickly realised that 1200 calories a day is NOTHING, and I have to exercise so that I can eat a bit more!

Haven't decided if I should move this to the members only section...

I've decided to kickstart my weight loss again by going a week with very few carbs. I'm still going to have porridge made with water with a tablespoon of oat bran for breakfast, but will not eat any other carbs for the rest of the day. The porridge contains .5 grams of carbs that sugars, so very little, which means I might go back into ketosis after a few days.

I've been doing really well on the exercise front this week, but my diet's been all over the place! My weight has stayed the same for a week now.

Hiya Kate,

I've gone AWOL temporarily! I've had to prioritise work and the course I'm finishing unfortunately. I now have a week off work to start writing my thesis and plan to try to get my diet back on target at the same time. My doctorate finishes in a couple of months and it would be great to finish a bit lighter on my feet! That said, I know writing the report is going to be stressful, and I have to prioritise that over everything right now unfortunately.

How are you getting on?

Carrie :)

Last edited:
Back