My Before, During and After Thread!

Hi Carla,

JUST A POUND!!! WHOOHA! You are at a healthy bmi so the losses will go slower, and losing that pound means that you burned 3500 more calories than you consumed. So, well done!

Mel

P.S. The crop jeans I bought were US size 8 (UK 10). They have a bit of stretch in them so I could get them on, but I'd need to weight what you do for them to be comfortable. So, I did not break my rule about not buying clothes I can't wear . (I never said that I couldn't buy clothes that I wouldn't until I lose weight. lol) However, as I only one US size 10 cropped jeans, but several 12s that are getting to be clown trousers -- I bought the 8s as the 10s were already loose. So, baggy britches for a few more weeks, then someone tight ones -- then US 8/UK 10 and I can probably live with that. (I got to a UK 6/8 in 2008, but it did not look so healthy. I have a thin face and looked ill.) So, it is that Nerys and India thing of, "Sometime after the age of 40 and woman has to chose between her ar$e and her face!"

Mel

Thanks Mel!

Size 10 is great, well done you, it's a brilliant feeling when you're clothes are all baggy isn't it! :D I know what you mean though, it's hard to know when to stop!!

well done hun a lb is really good:)hope your having fun with your friend xx

Thanks :D I had a brilliant time, her OH came which at first, I was a bit dissapointed about as it wasn't just the 2 of use but he was lovely, a really nice guy. I loved seeing her again, we need to have a proper night out though!

understand now how emotional people get battling whether to carry on or not, it’s unbelievable stressful, I've gone from being happy go lucky to panicking about it all, it's all you can think about. It can definitely mess your head up. Whilst you’re head is in the game CD is amazing, once it’s gone I personally don’t think it’s sustainable. If I hadn’t bought so many products I’d have switched to 1000 this week.

I feel like I’ve let people down on here, those who looked on me for inspiration, I’m sorry I didn’t do it 100% for you. I’ve realised though that nobody is perfect, it doesn’t make you a bad person if you give in to temptation, only human! Like Lily’s sig, I’m striving for excellence, not perfection!

I think we cross-posted last night because I didn't see your entry!!

Letting us down? Erm, I think not!!

You are showing us how to navigate the barrage of choices we face as we approach target. And how considering real and mental targets is challenging.

You are just as committed and focussed as ever....I will certainly be looking back at this post in about 6 weeks when I have to make the same choices.

Good on you Carla. You have achieved SO MUCH and kept so many of us going xxxxx

I think we cross-posted last night because I didn't see your entry!!

Letting us down? Erm, I think not!!

You are showing us how to navigate the barrage of choices we face as we approach target. And how considering real and mental targets is challenging.

You are just as committed and focussed as ever....I will certainly be looking back at this post in about 6 weeks when I have to make the same choices.

Good on you Carla. You have achieved SO MUCH and kept so many of us going xxxxx

I only just posted it now!

Thanks so much Jo, I so appreciate your support and I'm so glad you're 'here' with me. love ya chick xxx

thanks for sharing, I've just started the CD plan and it's interesting to see how other people manage, good luck on your next journey

Thanks Illa, good luck to you too, it is an amazing plan when you stay focused!! xx

Well done! You're a true inspiration x

Oh happy daaaaaay!

Just checked my bank statement, £40 from Quidco I wasn't expecting so treated myself to this little beauty

59-01-080.jpg

£30 off code from very so £35, - quidco money = free, yayy!!

Aw ain't that nice that your OH's grandad that must be a nice boost for you. I support you in your choice Carla .. X

I don’t know where this came from, at one point I felt like I could stay on CD forever, I was even contemplating doing 810 for longer at one point but I think my heart and my head have had enough now, and are telling me to stop.

My original goal was 9stone 7lbs, a size 10 & 8 weeks on CD, I’m a size 10, I’m 9.5.5lb on my scales in the morning, and I’m in my 10th week so I did what I set out to do. I have had ‘pauses’ as Linda Spangle would say, not spectacular cookie monster style binges, but I have a small praline chocolate, a couple of sweets and a small slice of home made birthday cake over the last 5 or so days. I didn’t eat them because I was bored, or fed up, or lonely, or mad, I ate them because I wanted to enjoy the taste and I did! I ate them slowly & savoured each & every thing I ate. I will admit I felt guilty afterwards, but only from a CD can only be done 100% kind of way and I need to be 100% until I finish. I didn’t fall off the wagon & think ‘Oh well, I may as well eat what I want now!’ though, I went to the pub with my BFF & her & her OH got a meal & a drink & I just had water, I was fine! I think my bad pre CD eating issues are resolved now, I won’t eat for the wrong reasons or overeat, I will enjoy food in moderation!

Everyone has told me I look great now & don’t need to lose any more weight, even my Mum! I don’t think she has EVER said I don’t need to lose a bit more here or there. I just feel a bit wobbly round my hips, thighs, belly & arms, but then I think, is anyone ever happy with themselves? I blame the media, airbrushing celebs & pointing out every tiny bit of cellulite as disgusting, it’s skewed our views of what is normal. Even models don’t look like they do in magazines, how on earth I could ever compare, I don’t know!!

So I’m going to finish up my stuff, try to lose another half stone on the way then use WW to maintain, or lose a few pounds if I feel the need. I feel like I can stick to a less rigid plan now, CD & Linda Spangle plus the wisdom from you lovely ladies have given me the tools I need to have a healthy relationship with food. Another thing I’m worried about however, with carrying on CD these last few weeks I feel like I’m getting obsessed with food, planning what I’m going to eat when I finish, where me & OH are going to go for meals & what desserts I’m going to eat. I don’t want food to be a massive issue due to feeling deprived lately. I want to feel comfortable around it so the sooner I get through this last bit the better!

I spoke to my CDC & she suggested I go onto 1000 but I want to do this last little bit 810 & get the most loss out of it then never ever go back, if I have products in the cupboard the threat will always be there!!

I understand now how emotional people get battling whether to carry on or not, it’s unbelievable stressful, I've gone from being happy go lucky to panicking about it all, it's all you can think about. It can definitely mess your head up. Whilst you’re head is in the game CD is amazing, once it’s gone I personally don’t think it’s sustainable. If I hadn’t bought so many products I’d have switched to 1000 this week.

Interesting, isn’t it, how it makes you feel? And you, in comparison to many of us here, only had a small-ish amount to lose. You can see – it’s very clear you can see :) – how difficult the Cambridge ‘journey’ can become when you’re faced with the prospect of having to lose several stones.

For many of us, the first time of doing Cambridge is the easiest. I’m not saying that you can’t get to goal on your second, third, fourth or one hundredth try at Cambridge – but it would appear (even to the casual observer of posts on this forum) that it becomes more and more difficult. And it’s not just about food deprivation – it’s about how it messes with your head. You can become convinced that the only way you can lose weight is to restrict calories to such a degree, that aside from using Cambridge products, you could never get an adequate amount of nutrition from the foods you do eat. And the ‘I’m on the diet / I’m off the diet’ thoughts become polarised to the 2 extremes – ‘eat nothing but shakes’ to ‘eat everything in sight, quick – I’ve got until Monday before I see my CWPC – I’ll get back on the diet tomorrow’…

I feel like I’ve let people down on here, those who looked on me for inspiration, I’m sorry I didn’t do it 100% for you.

When didn’t you do it 100%? :confused: You did do it 100%! About the only thing you’re going to do that arguably isn’t 100% is go from doing 1,000 to doing WW. And IMHO, I don’t think that counts. Just watch out for glycogen rebound at the scales, okay – and remember that all that’s happening is that you’re seeing what you really weigh (not the artificial weight you are when you’re in ketosis or are taking in a low level of carbs (and 810 is still (generally speaking) a low carb plan). To avoid too many nasty shocks, it’s probably best to reintroduce carbs slowly and use other foods for your ProPoints quota at first. On that note - watch out for hunger rebound too. Eating low-ish carb makes you feel as though you’re in control around food when in fact, if you were to scarf down an entire baguette you’d be ready to eat another one within an hour. Another reason to keep carbs on the lowish side, at least to start with.

Oh, and OH’s Grandad came round yesterday & didn’t recognise me! How funny is that. I said to OH, ‘I haven’t lost that much weight!!’

Bet you look a lot more different than you think. Remember, you see yourself every day in the mirror so you’ve seen the subtle changes as they happen. I think you’ve done fantastically, fantabulously well (so well, I’m even making up words :)).

Well done, hunni! :happy096:

Aww, thanks Lily. ITA, It seems 'easy' not the right word, but it'll have to do, for newbies but it's a bit all consuming, you think other diets are all consuming until you do a VLCD!

I'm going to do WW with 29 pp & no weeklies for the first 2 weeks, which I've worked out to be 1200 ish.... plus exercising once I go onto 1000 so I should be set, I hope!! I'm going to try to keep carbs low too, I don't want to waste this stomach shrinkage!

good luck on your new journey hun not that you need it as your mind is already there.any diet is will power and if you can keep that you will be fine.plz stick around on here we will miss you otherwise.theres no way you have let anyone down your a true inspiration to all of us.
have a lovely day :)xxx

Aww, thanks Lily. ITA, It seems 'easy' not the right word, but it'll have to do, for newbies but it's a bit all consuming, you think other diets are all consuming until you do a VLCD!

I'm going to do WW with 29 pp & no weeklies for the first 2 weeks, which I've worked out to be 1200 ish.... plus exercising once I go onto 1000 so I should be set, I hope!! I'm going to try to keep carbs low too, I don't want to waste this stomach shrinkage!

So now all we need you to do is double the number of posts you've got (now that's what I call easy! :D) and come and join us on the gold members diary section!

mum of five said:
good luck on your new journey hun not that you need it as your mind is already there.any diet is will power and if you can keep that you will be fine.plz stick around on here we will miss you otherwise.theres no way you have let anyone down your a true inspiration to all of us.
have a lovely day :)xxx

Thanks hon :) Of course I will stay, I'm addicted to minimins now :D I will get posting on those game threads tomorrow Lily, spending my work hours wisely ;)

You've done so well, I will be really interested to see how you go from now as I'm hoping to follow in your foot steps :) I have really enjoyed your diary and hope it continues :) xx

Noooooooooooooooo. No defecting to the Gold club. I'll be all desolate and probably eat an extra peanut bar in a blatant act of defiance. Heheh xx

Noooooooooooooooo. No defecting to the Gold club. I'll be all desolate and probably eat an extra peanut bar in a blatant act of defiance. Heheh xx

Oh, give over, woman - you only need another 1,100 odd posts to join us - just get posting already! :D :D :D

Back