My big fat diet show - on now

Me tooo lol! Are we blizzing onions? xx

They made a korma, and blitzed onions (and garlic) into a paste, added spices then plain yog a spoon at a time so it wouldn't seperate to make a sauce. Then added raw turkey pieces to it and simmered ti cooked. Looked good.

Cor that sounds nice xx

I agree with all your comments about Anna - I think she's fabulous in every sense!

Don't forget, this is only a 2 week diet to drop a dress size, NOT an eating plan for life like SW!

I know we don't count calories, but I DID find the 100 calorie packs very interesting - they were a good visual aid in my opinion. I also loved Matt Dawson doing the cooking...

Am looking forward to the next installment on Thursday!

I think the approach for just a 2 week diet (no longer) is fine and the 100 calorie packs were a bit of an eye opener, absolutely minuscule, I wouldn't want to be making myself miserable with that concept long term though. The onion blitzing was a very good idea to replace the thickening of ground almonds in a curry. I wonder if you could add just a drop of almond essence in with it to get the taste and for the amount you would use do you think it would be syned?

I love Anna, I think she looks fabulous and certainly doesn't need to lose any weight! I too was shocked at how little food you got for 100 calories!! SW rocks!!

I watched that last night whilst eating my Slimming World 'welcome back' dinner with SW chips, lamb steak, rump steak, cajun chicken, a veggie sausage, mushrooms, onions and peas.

going 'Naaahhhhhhhhh...'

I do love Anna Richardson though! So i'll be watching this show for sure!

Im going to watch it anyway too.. just because I love Anna! But I don't agree with the diet! Love my food too much :D x

Just watched this now- really enjoyed it though. Really interested in the chocolate addict and general eye opening bit. Obviously as they said, the diet is not a long term thing, just for people who need to drop a dress size, but enjoyed the korma recipe, as it would be free on SW if we used fry-light instead of oil.

That woman who ate half a ton of chocolate a year though! Wowzers! But fair play, she stopped completely for a month so should be very proud of herself

Will watch again next week
xxx

It's only dropping to 1200 for a fortnight, which isn't a totally bad thing, especially as I imagine the series will go on towards focusing on the better foods you can have for each 100 cals (the veg and whatnot). I did find the 100 cal portions interesting!

Anna's done a lot of writing on dieting and the health industry. I can't remember which paper she writes for now, but I have read some of her articles and think she is fab and speaks a lot of sense in a funny/interesting way. I think her style has been copied by other journalists cum presenters.

I love Matt Dawson's tip about pureed onions for the creamy texture! I am so going to try that. And whilst we are on the topic, let's have a little Matt Moment

MattDawson-1.jpg

i watched it and thought it was really good. Cant say i learnt anything new but can see how it would be informative to someone who hadnt been yoyo dieting for years and tried everything under the sun.
BUT i watched it with my 9 year old daughter who would live on chocolate and crisps if i let her. I hesitated to watch it whilst she was around cos she is stick thin and i dont want her getting it into her head that she she always be that way, but i think she has finally realised she needs to give more than a passing nod to healthy eating having seen some of the examples last night. She actually asked for a ham and salad sandwich for lunch instead of choc spread on crackers as usual.

THANKS ANNA !!

I thought I would be the expert at the 'put these lunches in order of calories' and although I did get the highest one correct (cheese baguette) was a bit shocked at a BK double cheesburger and greggs sausage roll being 'lowest' (still pretty bad, though)

Anyone guess correctly?

Hellie, mate- you can keep Matt and I'll just have the Korma

xxx

Speaking of telly - did anyone watch Generation XXL? I am watching it on 4OD at the moment. Interesting viewing.

Oh God- I watched that yesterday and found it sooooooooo sad! That little girl who goes to WW and talks like a grown woman about food and diets "Women have got to have chocolate cake"

I was defo brought up like this, and it explains so much.

and HOW much salt does that woman put in her food- and wonders why her heart is packing up- wowzers

Love the fact that the programme is not trying to get them on some mad crash diet- is just a look at the world through the eyes of fat kids

I still get sad thinking about it- but will defo watch again next week

Yeah I'm halfway through it now, and it strikes me as sad as well. Those kids say some amusing but heartbreaking things about food! It will definitely be interesting to see how they progress over the years.

I should imagine that they will have a lifelong battle with their weight! Sad but true, but I think the damage is done that early- it certainly is ingrained in me as deep as my bones that my relationship with food is not 'normal'

I know SW is a great cure for a symptom of this problem, but the real issues are massively underlying- hopefully I am slowly unravelling them, but don't think I will ever have a real normal healthy relationship with food, or ever be able to relax about my weight- and I guess this all stems with how I was brought up to treat unhealthy food as reward/comfort/love/cure/treat/luxury

..........phew, bit deep, eh? Better put Judge Judy on for some light relief

xxx

Whats this program about then?? Which channel? x

Back