My Birthday Party

monkeys bunny

need 2get my head into it
hey guys,

my birthday is at the end of June, we are planning on haveing a BBQ with the theme as 'All the Fun of the Fair'. im having hook a Duck, Hupla, toffee apples, popcorn, burgers, sausages, chicken, candy floss.

can anyone think of any games we could play or make?

please remember that people WILL be drunk so i dont really want lots of flying balls etc near my windows :)

also if you can think of anything can you kindly say how to make it.

cheers

How big is your house/garden? Don't forget to get a marquee or gazeebo incase the weather isn't so good. Are you dressing up?

we have a gazeebo. its a medium sized garden, not tiny but not massive either.
just got a a giant lawn dart game on offer reduced from £17.99 fo £4.99 as a dart is missing :)

Cool! I will get my thinking cap on and see what I can suggest for you

Also Twister is great for when you are all tipsy. Have you thought about hiring a bouncy castle?

yea i thought about hiring a bouncy castle but im a propa worrier and would be worrying all night about it getting broken or someone being sick on it and me loosing deposit or something and the noise of the generator at night for the neighbours........im just like that

What a great idea! Errrrmmm, hoopla? apple bobbing? coconut shy or something?

Failing that, get them absolutely wasted, buy a cheap childs go-kart and push them round, convince them its a rollercoaster! lol

I dont really have any (good) ideas! just wanted to say fab idea.

I did find this though, i think its more for a kiddies party but you never know.

Use favorite large cardboard pieces from appliance boxes to create booths, tables, an entranceway and many other large standup decorations. I would be sure to prepare an entrance gate or booth where each guest could receive a ticket to enter the festivities. The child host or parent could be the ticket giver. Make tickets on your computer or by hand that say admission.

Create an arch or big top tent effect for your entrance. Use a large table or box for the ticket booth. Create game booths from other boxes. I would be sure to include a fishing booth, a ball toss, a duck pond, a game of chance, a ring toss, a penny pitch and any other simple games you can devise.

Don't forget to use any playground equipment, play house, children's outside games. Basketball hoops etc. to add to the variety of activities. You can put a sign in front of each one with an amount of tickets they need to play if you want to also supply game tickets.

You should have on hand some very small prizes to win when then succeed at each game. For a fishing booth have someone stand behind a curtain or the large box and hook small gifts on a real fishing pole. An assistant in front will help little children.

Cut out a hole in a large standup such as a clown and have kids toss the ball through its mouth. Make a beanbag from felt and fill with dried navy beans to throw at a similar target or to know down children's bowling pins or plastic milk jugs.

Have a child's wading pool filled part way with water and float plastic or rubber ducks in it with numbers on the bottom to correspond with prizes. How about a ring toss with rings of rubber or canning jar rings on large pop bottles?

You can set up a board on bricks or use a table to put lots of glasses and cups close together, put a special one in the center for a bigger prize. Provide pennies for the toss.

emma 2008- great name by the way, all the best people are called emma te he . thank you for taking the time to post in the thread. we are going to set up the pasting table with striped cloth on it for booths etc. only problem i really face is that we are nearly finished renovatin the house after a year of doing it, but all the 'junk' etc is in the back garden, i go away nest week for 2 weeks, then i only have a week to clear the lot and get it ready in time for the party! .....so if anyone out there fancies a bit of extra 'body magic' feel free to come tidy up my garden LOL :D

Maybe you could have that as one of the sideshows.. the Marvellous Junk Pile of Yorkshire.. charge to view it !!! :)

emma 2008- great name by the way, all the best people are called emma te he . thank you for taking the time to post in the thread. we are going to set up the pasting table with striped cloth on it for booths etc. only problem i really face is that we are nearly finished renovatin the house after a year of doing it, but all the 'junk' etc is in the back garden, i go away nest week for 2 weeks, then i only have a week to clear the lot and get it ready in time for the party! .....so if anyone out there fancies a bit of extra 'body magic' feel free to come tidy up my garden LOL :D

Haha, yeah i agree with the name thing :D
That should be enough time for you to do it, hope the party goes well!

not long now, its this saturday and i still have soooo much to do. spent last night painting a pink bunny lol

Back