My BMI is 23.9 and my cdc still says i should be ss ing

jules75

Hi guys really need some help! My bmi is 23.9 and im sure i should have moved up the plans by now but my cdc says not???? My body seems to be crying out for food, any help?

You're right, you really should be on 810 by now. Move up to SS+ tonight or tomorrow, then 810 soon after.

You'll be okay, but you should increase your food as soon as possible :)

Hi,

Are you from the UK? Coz different countries have different rules concerning BMI 25. My country has no rules concerning BMI as long as you're not on SS at BMI 20 I think... but some CDC here apparently let anyone do SS :-\

But yes, I agree you should try moving up plans. I was BMI 23,smth when I started moving up plans; i was hungry constantly whilst in ketosis and feeling very very lethargic...

Good luck !

Hiya all, im from england!!! Im only 3 pound off goal and admittedly iv had weekends off the plan, i just cant seem to shift this last bit!!! Im unsure of what to say to my cdc as she was pretty adament i should stick to ssing till im at goal:(

Absolutely no reason for you not to do any plan you wish. If you are allowed to do SS, then you can do anything SS and above...just not SS or SS+ under BMI 25. Your CDC should know this.

To shift those last few pounds, go up to 810, but try not to have any weekends off. It'll soon be gone.

If she has a problem with that, suggest she looks on the forum, or contacts cambridge...but you shouldn't have to :(

I hate to suggest you go against your CDCs advice, but it is your choice if you want to go higher. After all, some people never SS in the first place.

Thanks so much, Im planning on moving up as soon as poss, now infact!!! Iv started exercising now ( Which iv not done since starting the plan ) Sorry to be a pain but hows long do i need to be doing this next step 4?

Cant offer advice but well done to be almost at target!

Thank you bea, im just so frustrated with these last few pounds!! I noticed ur following a low gi diet, how u finding that?

Thanks so much, Im planning on moving up as soon as poss, now infact!!! Iv started exercising now ( Which iv not done since starting the plan ) Sorry to be a pain but hows long do i need to be doing this next step 4?

Hey there, I think the minimum recommended is one week on each step, ideally two so your body has at chance to adjust. You can stay on 810 until you reach your goal if you want to or move higher if you prefer.

Gx

Thankyou!!! Iv just started exercising so im hoping that this last bit will be off soon, do i have to work up the plans step by step or could i go straight to the 1000 plan?

it's best to move up the plans to gently bring yourself out of ketosis. otherwise you could get a chunk of gain that's all water weight from kicking yourself out of ketosis too fast, which is basically what i have done... it's kinder to your body to move up the plans. i would do 810 for at least a couple of days to introduce food gently.

good luck :)

abz xx

Thank you all!Im seriously considering switching to atkins now as Iv lost a little faith in my cdc, i really should have been starting to work up the plans long before now and think that this is why iv struggled these last few weeks.

don't forget that you're metabolism is really in wintersleep right now. You have wake it up gently before you start to eat more calories :) If you switch to Atkins (which contains a lot of fat, so high energy), your body's probably gonna store the extra energy because it's used to a minimum of calories.

Hello - I am 8lbs away from my goal weight and my CDC said when I hit BMI of 25 (in 4lbs time) she will put me on SS+ as she said it is important to start to introduce food again. She said working up the steps will take around 12 weeks and during this time you should still lose some weight. The danger of staying on SS until goal is that you can end up a lot lower than you plan...

I swaqpped to Atkins in december as I was finding it difficult to stick to CD. I didn't lose anymore weight, I just maintained what I was at.

You would need to stick to around 1000cals on Atkins to lose weight, & that is not as easy as it sounds...

Good luck with whatever you decide. x

Back