My brain is against me!!!

Browsie

Silver Member
Does anyone else feel like their brain is against them?!

I have been off plan for a while now but have been sticking to the main principles of the SW plan which has seen me maintaining for the past yr or so. I have now decided its time to get down to business and shift some timber but my brain keeps telling me to eat crap!!

I need to go to the shops to get some yogurts for the afternoon sweet fix, my brain is telling me to get chocolate, cause it won't hurt just this once, well I have been listening to my brain for the past year hence the reason I haven't lost anything. In the past I have found myself eating something I don't really want but am unable to stop eating it, it's like I lose control over my own body!!

Does anyone else have this or am I going completely mad!??

94 views and not one reply, must just be me going mad then!! :)

Not all viewers will be 'real' people. :)
And YES your going mad. ;)

You have to train yourself to say no to chocolate and yes to healthy foods. If you really want to loss the weight then your going to have to say NO.

Hi try planning that way your meals are set out from breakfast lunch dinner an snacks may bite you but in the long run it saves money to. Also when you want to eat something you know you don't want resist an go for a apple or glass of water.

Firstly i just want to say that i knows exactly what you mean. Self sabotage is my biggest obstacle.

And Mary is right. We just have to say no. To ourselves. Not easy! I've been known to go into a shop, fill the basket with snack,chocolate. All that crap and eventually leave the basket on the floor and walk out empty handed.

I don't know why i do it but, i do know that i don't buy it in the end as i have to say no to that inner voice.
It's the only way I lose weight. Saying no continuously. Sometimes it's easy and sometimes i can't but right now,today, I've said no. :D

One day at a time. Food, it's my addiction.

Thanks for the reply guys. Good to know I'm not on my own. I don't know why I'm finding it so hard this time. I have done it before and lost a couple of stone between having my two boys so I know it works and I know I CAN do it. Just need to switch my brain off and get on with it!!

Hi Browsie, I'm a chocoholic, I read a book called 'Sweet Poison' and haven't had chocolate for four weeks, I bought nuts instead!! Today I haven't bought or eaten a nut, I know they are a much healthier choice but I can't just eat a few, I empty the bag! I'm so mad with myself so I know how you feel. I'm counting calories but I know that SW is a good healthy diet so chin up, I'm sure you'll win. :)

Thanks ever hopeful, Its disheartening when everyone else seems to be doing so well and I can't get into it at all.

I have to keep reminding myself that at least I haven't put weight on, I could easily be a couple of stone heavier (or more!!).

I measured myself this morning and even though my weight is the same I have lost 2 inches from my waist since November, so at least the exercising is having an affect. I'm going to keep trying to stick to plan and exercising and hopefully it will fall into place for me soon.

Does anyone else feel like their brain is against them?!

I have been off plan for a while now but have been sticking to the main principles of the SW plan which has seen me maintaining for the past yr or so. I have now decided its time to get down to business and shift some timber but my brain keeps telling me to eat crap!!

I need to go to the shops to get some yogurts for the afternoon sweet fix, my brain is telling me to get chocolate, cause it won't hurt just this once, well I have been listening to my brain for the past year hence the reason I haven't lost anything. In the past I have found myself eating something I don't really want but am unable to stop eating it, it's like I lose control over my own body!!

Does anyone else have this or am I going completely mad!??
It's like listening to myself! I know the feeling exactly. It's like there are two of me opposing one another!

My brain likes to tell me when times are tough that it's a good idea to stop concentrating so much on losing weight! It thinks that it is a waste of time and that all time spent on that could be so much better used. I don't really know why that happens, but I have to keep telling myself that unless I put myself as my number one priority now and be the healthy me that I know I can be, then everything will only get harder as I get older and all effort put in now is an investment for the future me to appreciate.

Back