Step2 810kcal My Cambridge Diary ! ^_^

Hi Sweetpea and well done on successfully completing your first week 4lbs is brilliant i'm horrified a consultant said that to you that's horrific i'd be putting in a complaint and switching pronto.

What delightful products have you picked for your second week? Im not really a porridge or soup girl, can have the oriental chilli at a push but i tend to stick with choc and choc mint shakes and have lemon bars too that are just lush, you'll be allowed them from next WI!!! Good luck on your journey. How much would you like to lose?

This is all relative though.

So, for example, if you weigh 10 stone, then 4lbs is a very good loss indeed. If you weigh 22 stone, then it is a little on the low side.

But still - a loss is a loss is a loss. And you are very much on track to lose over a stone in your first month - which is bang on what CWP says will happen. So I'd suggest that your CDC needs to be a little more supportive and maybe brush up on her CD knowledge.

ninajw83, Yeah Ive tried soups and porridge, but there is just something about them I can't stand, So yeah for the majority of this week I have chocolate (mostly choc mmm!), strawberry and banana!

GretaGrip - I started at 15st03lbs, I'm just gonna try my hardest, and drink extra water! I know I can do this :D especially because I want it so bad! PCOS will not beat meeeee :)

How tall are you? I was 15 stone 2 in May 2011 and reached 9 stone at the end of last year. Went from a size 18 and am now a size 8/10 so it can be done. I'm 5 ft 4

OK... here's a few tips for you that I found aided my motivation..

Make your goal weight on here 13 stone 13 to start with. It's achievable, relatively easy to make it in a short ish space of time and you'll feel good when you hit it and then amend it. Smaller targets are the way forward.

If you stick to it this week 100% then you will see a good loss next week for sure. Start writing down what you eat and the time you eat it. It's helpful in the long run and makes you accountable to yourself.

Don't feel you must glug gallons of water. It's really not necessary. 1.5 to 2 litres is really sufficient in a day.

Umm, there'll be dozens more hints and tips on surviving the early weeks on my diary.. I can't think right now!

Yeah I think I will be writing stuff down from now on, even though I know, it will be in writing and I can be like ha see I didn't cheat!

This is where I'm confused, My CDC told me I HAD to drink at least 4pints of water a day, which didn't include tea, but the book says it includes tea, so Im getting confused :confused: I will read the early days of your diary, and note down some tips, aswell as probably laughing my ass off, your diary is great reading!

I get less funny as I hit the utter DESPERATION that is Cambridge. :D However, I came out of the experience alive and a lot slimmer so can vouch that it works!

Liquid is liquid really < umm, Bacardi Breezers excepting, of course > and i have never been a big believer in overloading your kidneys with water. it has zero benefits apart from over loading them and making you spend even more time in the toilet. 2 litres really is plenty. I'd personally include tea in that, if i was to drink it.

Nah, she is talking nonsense. Truly. Drink what you feel comfortable with < although do aim for 1.5 to 2 litres a day > and don't try and cram in 5 litres or anything.

I did CD for almost 8 weeks and lost over 2 stone in that time, probably 2 and a half.

I think we are more knowledgeable than your CDC! : )

Hmm, sounds like you've got an interesting CWPC there. Maybe she hasn't been doing the consultant thing very long. But we all vary so much. Out of interest, were you on another diet immediately before you switched to Cambridge? If you did, then some of the usual water weight loss that generally bolsters up the first week's loss might already have dropped off before you started.

I'm going to disagree slightly with GG and say that it is best to have 4 pints (2.4 litres) of fluid purely cos you're very likely to get constipated if you don't. But it absolutely doesn't have to be all water. Tea and coffee (using milk from your 810 allowance) count towards that target, as does herbal tea (all types are allowed these days), as does any extra water you add to your shakes and soups (additional to the 225ml you'd normally add) so it's not difficult to get up to 4 pints. And if you're on 810, you can also have the odd glass of diet squash as well - and again, that also counts towards the 4 pints.

Speaking of constipation - delicate question, sorry! - but is all well in that department? Because having a backlog (pun intended ;)) would also affect the scales.

And finally, it may cheer you to hear that one of our most recent success stories had a first week loss like yours - and she went on to lose 6 stones in 6 months.

Stick with us, hun. We'll get you there. :D

Yes I agree GG i think you are all more knowledgeable! haha

Maybe Lily! I don't know. I wasn't on any diet before starting this, Literally the day before I was cramming my face full of sugary niceness for the last time haha!! I have 3.5/4 pints everyday. Yeah she said our tea and coffee didn't count but I'll keep that in mind! Yeah I have had a bit of constipation, I have definitely noticed a difference there! Although I am peeing like no-ones business, safe to say the toilet is my second home :) WOW 6 stone in 6 months - Amazing!!

Another question (sorry!) Say I want to have chicken, but don't have enough, can I make up the rest of the weight with another thing on the list, i.e. Prawns? So like chicken 200g and 45 grams of prawns?

Yes I agree GG i think you are all more knowledgeable! haha

Maybe Lily! I don't know. I wasn't on any diet before starting this, Literally the day before I was cramming my face full of sugary niceness for the last time haha!! I have 3.5/4 pints everyday. Yeah she said our tea and coffee didn't count but I'll keep that in mind! Yeah I have had a bit of constipation, I have definitely noticed a difference there! Although I am peeing like no-ones business, safe to say the toilet is my second home :) WOW 6 stone in 6 months - Amazing!!

Another question (sorry!) Say I want to have chicken, but don't have enough, can I make up the rest of the weight with another thing on the list, i.e. Prawns? So like chicken 200g and 45 grams of prawns?

Yes. :) Takes a bit of working out in some cases - I just need to look up the 810 lists, be right back...

Right. Protein options are (ish - haven't got the most up to date book)

250g plain cottage cheese (less than 5% fat)
325g reduced fat cottage cheese (less than 2% fat)
245g chicken/turkey breast without skin/fat
275g white fish fillet, eg cod, haddock
260g canned tuna* in water (drained)
190g fresh tuna steak*
275g quorn pieces/mince (V)
250g prawns
2 large eggs (V)
350g steamed tofu (V)
80g dried weight red lentils
225g canned chick peas, drained
70g dried weight soya beans
80g dried weight chick peas

So if you had 200g of chicken, that's 81.6% of your allowance. So you'd need 19.4% of one of the other choices. 19.4% of 250g prawns = 48.5g of prawns (enjoy that extra 3.5g of prawns ;))

Does that make sense? Probably easier to do half portions of 2 choices, so for example 130g tuna and one egg. :)

Hey Sweetpea - I'm doing SS+/stage 2 since 15 July - I always try and split my CD products i.e. I have a porridge/warm shake for breakfast at about 9am, then I have a CD soup for lunch at about 1pm, then I'll have a shake or bar at around 3pm - I then eat my evening meal at around 8.30pm, late I know but I commute and don't get home until 7 and I like spending time with my child before his bedtime.

This diet really is working out what suits u...sometimes I am starving after my lunch and I have a bar straightaway but then I have to psych myself up to lasting until 8pm. I've found it's best to try and evenly spread products so u don't get hungry and get tempted to cheat.

A tip my CDC gave me was to always carry a bar or tetra in u'r handbag, if u'r desperately hungry one extra product won't hurt and will stop cheating - it works a treat :)

I've lost 77lbs in 6 months, I've had good weeks and terrible weeks but on average have lost a stone a month, so the results really do happen if u stick to the advice. The guys on here r amazing support and a lot of my success is down to them - good luck!!! xxxx

Hi ChristyT! When I am allowed bars I will try that, sounds like a good idea. Wow you've done so well, congrats!

Your right, there will always be bad days, and good days. When I hit a bad day, I just have to remind myself why I am doing this, for myself of course. But also to prove all the people who said I couldn't do it, wrong! :D

And yes, all the guys on here are an inspiration! It keeps me going, I like reading through everyone's diaries, I know for sure Im not just doing this on my own! We are all in this together :)

Back