Step3 1000kcal My Cambridge diary

jollyjess

Hi all, I am new here and figured it would be great to keep a diary to look back on and stay motivated.
I am starting CWP on Red 1 instead of 1b which would have been the recommendation for my height and weight, My consultant advised red 1 due to kidney problems that cause recurring infections and stones.

A little about me... I am 38, married with 2 daughters, I am self employed and work from home office most days, this of course means I am in-active a lot. I am starting CWP at my heaviest weight to date, 23stone, I am 5ft6.

I have 4 targets set out: 1) 19 stones ... not weighed that in 8 years
2) 16 stones...the weight I was when I met Hubby
3) 13 stones .... Pre-children/stopping smoking weight
4) 11 stones...... Healthy weight and bmi
I feel better creating these targets than just a big final goal, I look forward to ticking each off.

I have 4 products daily and a 200 kc milk/yoghurt allowance

So day 1 yesterday: Breakfast was a chocolate shake, quite like the shakes, I find the cartons are great to take with me when out and about.

Lunch was Spaghetti bolognaise and I mixed 20g green beans with it, Quite enjoyed it, added garlic pepper and paprika.

By mid afternoon I started feeling really hungry, I had Tikka rice and 40g of sprouts for added fibre, I like the rice, but I will add more water next time as it was quite dry.

Early evening I had my shake.

By 10 pm I was so hungry, tummy rumbling, I could easily have committed murder when my Husband came in with a piled up plate of toast..... but I chose to ignore it and go to bed.

Day 1 down... 4 litres of water chugged.

Hi JollyJess,

Weightago ;) !! (Pun intended ;) ;) )

your option sounds good and great goals. I mix up my meals differently as well, have a look at my diary and scroll to how I make up my spag Bol and Thai and tikka rice.

I leave to soak longer and more water and nuke longer, it comes out mucho nicer...

Welcome on board the great minimins loser train. So lovely to have another biggest loser on board.

I'm at the end of week 6 today another 6 weeks, then start my next 12 weeks. I need to lose a total of 6stones min then I will start exercising. Can only manage one thing at a time.

I'm going to look forward to reading your story
And dang that plate of toast !!!

xxxx

Hey Jess

Welcome!! How are you getting on today?

I am starting my 6th week today so 1 week behind Summer!

We are all in this together X

Hi, Thanks for your encouragement. Day 2 went well as far as sticking to plan.

Meal1.. Choc shake
Meal2.. Mushroom soup
Meal3.. Apple & blackcurrant smoothie
Meal 4.. Spag bol with 80 g of green veg

I chugged 4.5 litres of water.

It was a rough day, I had the worst headache and nausea, I felt like I had the most horrific hangover, clearly I was detoxing. Anyway I had a lie down for an hour, drank loads of water and thankfully the day improved.

One of my main struggles is snacking at night, usually we would sit in front of the tv and watch tv whilst eating our own bodyweight in junk, by we I mean me and Hubby who could eat anything and not put on a pound, but he has been very supportive and given up snacking too.
So to combat the tv and snacking routine we played scrabble.... lol... yes it sounds crazy but it worked, kept my mind occupied for a good 2 hours and then it was bedtime.

Today is day 3 and I am so far feeling so much better, only a slight background headache, but thankfully no nausea. I am hoping that I have got over the worse, I did wake early hours this morning with a really metallic taste in my mouth, it has worn off a lot, but I am hoping that it's a good sign.

Good luck to all with today... we've got this !!!! :):)

P.S I don't use a microwave so make all of my food in the oven instead x

We sound very similar with the snacking. My husband can eat anything and maintain his slim self. It can be infuriating but that's life and we have to do what we can.

I like your idea about goals. I am doing something similar I have a list of them and tick off each one as I achieve it. I have made quite a few because I think it breaks it up nicely so I've done things like every half stone, getting into the next stone bracket, losing 10% of my body weight, getting into the next BMI bracket etc. I have found it is really focusing me. So far I have hit 4 of my "mini goals".

Keep us updating as you go on. Xx

Hi all xx

How are we all getting on?

Day 3 and 4 both went well, stuck to plan, I am finding I am not really hungry, I am just eating as I know I should. I have discovered the maple and pecan porridge is disgusting (to me) and I am now starting to create a list of my favourite products, this will make it easier when I se my consultant.
Yesterday was day 3 and I felt so much better than I did on day 2. Had a slight headache at bedtime, but managed to sleep it off.
Had a naughty moment ..... I had a bite of chocolate, It was just one bite ( ok it was a large bite) but after feeling guilty, I then had a word with myself and realised compared to the 2 or more chocolate bars I would eat every night, that one bite was a blip and I had to move on.

Day 4 today, I have been busy all day and took 2 shakes out with me for breakfast and lunch, I then made Thai curry for tea, I am definitely not a fan of that one.
I then made the maple porridge for supper and ..well you know how that one ended.

I now feel I have to have something as I have only had 3 products today, I will probably have a shake to fill the calorie gap.
I am on Red 1 which says 4 products and 200 cals from milk or non dairy alternative which I miss out most days, but I will chat to my consultant about that when I see her.

I am getting excited as my weigh in day draws near, Tuesday is the big day, hoping for a good loss.
I decided today to work out what we would have spent this week on junk food before starting the plan, we then went out shopping and I bought make-up and a new outfit in a smaller size to spur me on. It felt good... I stood at the cashier queue with my new outfit hanging for all to see.. I usually hide it in case anyone sees the size label, but knowing I am doing something about the weight just gave me that confidence.

Following the shopping expedition we drove home and Hubby says to me in the car "I am really proud of you for not giving in to temptation today"
I knew exactly what he meant, before shopping we had an eye test and they asked us to return in 2 hours as the glasses would be ready the same day, my first thought was oh no the food court is right next door.. temptation. But I just brushed the thought aside and headed for clothes shops, that will always help.. shopping!

Day 5 here I come. Good luck everyone xxxxx

P.s Kate, totally agree, mini targets rather than concentrating on the end goal.

Day 5 done... Yesterday was a tough one, I really struggled to stick to plan. I started really well with a shake for breakfast and spaghetti bolognaise for lunch. Drank 4 litres of water at least.
By dinner time I was struggling, I made the Tomato and basil soup and found it really powdery tasting, I just ate half then poured the rest away. I started questioning if I could realistically carry on long term with the products.
By late evening I was feeling dizzy and headache was kicking in as I clearly hadn't eaten enough. I gave in an ate 3 wholegrain crackers with a little spread, and 4 Jaffa cakes.
I am so annoyed with myself as it really just wasn't worth it.
But it's done now, no point dwelling, I still was within my 1000 cals for the day, I have to move forward and get over it.
The positive side is that it has made me realise that the temptation is not worth it, I didn't enjoy that food anywhere near what my mind was telling me I would. I am also starting to feel less breathless on climbing stairs and it's only week 1. I also feel much lighter around my waist.

So day 6 is here, I am 3 days away form my first weigh in. I have found I am struggling to go to the loo, I have started taking dulcoease, these seemed to be the most recommended solution.

How does everyone get on with exercising whilst on this plan? I have found this week I have felt quite tired, so have been taking it easy as my Consultant suggested, she said to give my body time to adjust.
I think I am just worrying that if I laze around too much I may lose less. I would usually go into a 5 day week exercise plan when on a weight loss plan, but I just don't have the energy. I did a slow 20 minute walk yesterday and was tired. Any advice?

Good luck to all for today xx

Hi JollyJess,

Just relax, exercise at this stage isn't really a good thing. The lbs drop off I promise. I started at 15st 7lbs and last weigh in 13st 12lbs. That's after 6 weeks. I'm on SS 1b as I'm tall 5ft 9.

You've had a naughty day, but the biscuits prob threw you out of ketosis but lower cals still good. Work on getting in the ketosis stage and you will reach your goals.

I walk my dogs but other than that nothing. I will address when I reach my goal, not before

Have s great day

xxx

Also, spread your products out more, I usually have my first around 2pm then 5pm then 8pm and a bar at 10pm... xx

Hey Jess how are you getting on?

How did your weigh in go on Tuesday? Both Summer and I also have Tuesday weigh ins!

Keep us updated we are all here to support you Xx

Hey Jess

Hope you are doing ok. Hope you being quiet is just you being busy and not struggling.

We are all here to support you xx

Hi Jess!
I love your post! Im on my third day of the Cambridge diet! I've got about 6-7 stone to lose in total!
You're a girl after my own heart , my biggest problem is definitely snacking at night and the weekends! It's tough but even after just 3 days Im feeling a lot better! Hope you're doing ok! xxx

Hi all, I am new here and figured it would be great to keep a diary to look back on and stay motivated.
I am starting CWP on Red 1 instead of 1b which would have been the recommendation for my height and weight, My consultant advised red 1 due to kidney problems that cause recurring infections and stones.

A little about me... I am 38, married with 2 daughters, I am self employed and work from home office most days, this of course means I am in-active a lot. I am starting CWP at my heaviest weight to date, 23stone, I am 5ft6.

I feel better creating these targets than just a big final goal, I look forward to ticking each off.

So day 1 yesterday: Breakfast was a chocolate shake, quite like the shakes, I find the cartons are great to take with me when out and about.

Lunch was Spaghetti bolognaise and I mixed 20g green beans with it, Quite enjoyed it, added garlic pepper and paprika.

By mid afternoon I started feeling really hungry, I had Tikka rice and 40g of sprouts for added fibre, I like the rice, but I will add more water next time as it was quite dry.

By 10 pm I was so hungry, tummy rumbling, I could easily have committed murder when my Husband came in with a piled up plate of toast..... but I chose to ignore it and go to bed.

Hi JollyJess
I am also on step 3, 3rd weigh in on Monday 13lb loss so far BMI down from 42.8to 40.2 so really pleased.

I do crave vodka but to frightened to have any Looking forward to hearing about your success
TeeJay63

Hey Teejay,

JollyJess hasn't been on the site for months... come say hi to the rest of us in the diaries section...

Well done for 3 weeks and 13lbs lost. Amazing !!!

Xxx

Hey Teejay,

JollyJess hasn't been on the site for months... come say hi to the rest of us in the diaries section...

Well done for 3 weeks and 13lbs lost. Amazing !!!

Xxx
Aw thankyou SummerChic, I ve got my 3rd weigh in on Monday so I will let you know how I've got on. I've stuck to plan so hoping to see at least a couple of pounds off.
Thanks again for the nice welcome
Have a lovely Sunday xxx

Hey TJ,

Good luck today, you've been fully committed so no reason why you won't see great losses. And any loss, I mean any loss is a great thing...

xxx

Aw thankyou SummerChic, I ve got my 3rd weigh in on Monday so I will let you know how I've got on. I've stuck to plan so hoping to see at least a couple of pounds off.
Thanks again for the nice welcome
Have a lovely Sunday xxx
Hey TJ,

Good luck today, you've been fully committed so no reason why you won't see great losses. And any loss, I mean any loss is a great thing...

xxx
ill let you know what the scales say✈️

Back