My Cambridge Journey!

Hi everyone, I've spent the last two days engrossed reading all of your diaries! You really all have kept me going when times have been harder!
I'm now on day 3 of my SS journey and think that I may be starting Ketosis soon... I have had a dry mouth, headache and don't really feel to bothered about food. It's great if I am entering Ketosis but I really hope that I get a bit more energy!!!
For me personally, day 1 was defo the hardest, it was worse than the many attempts in the past to quit smoking. My body was craving rubbish food constantly, I was even fantasising about food! However if I had told myself that I could have had a salad I wouldn’t have been bothered, so it wasn’t true hunger, just a craving to continue feeding my body fatty foods!
Thankfully yesterday and today haven’t been nearly as bad, especially today... No craving for food hurrah!
How’s everyone else who's on their first week finding it? Anyone having any similar feelings?
Lou x:)

I am in my 2nd week now and i found the first 2 days easy but the 3rd day for me was the worse but that could be because i was back at work and work at a caff temptation EVERY-WHERE but i was strong i also done the same when feeling cravings i told myself well have a salad and i was not bothered its a good little trick i think =D Good luck on your journey!!

Well done!

Hi, that's great you're doing really well then! Especially working in a cafe!

How much did you lose in your first week? I have my first weigh in on Sunday eek! Very excited and nervous! x:eek:

Good luck for sunday! I'm sure you will be really pleased with your loss if you stick to it 100% x

Krissykat said:
Good luck for sunday! I'm sure you will be really pleased with your loss if you stick to it 100% x

Thank you KrissyKat! I must admit that I have been following your diary since I began and your such an inspiration I love reading your posts! Hope your doing well xxx

Just had another thought, I'm currently on day 3 of SS... Should I be exercising yet? Any help from other members would be fabulous x

Aww thank you :)
Do you have much to lose? x

I wouldn't say so, its recommended you wait atleast 2 weeks before adding any exercise, you will still have good losses whether you exercise or not x

I'm got 88lbs or 6 stone 4 lbs to lose! Big challenge but well and truly up for it!

How much weight have you lost so far and in how much time? X

I've lost 2 and a half stone in 10 weeks so far, my next weigh in is tomorrow. Started at 18st so had about 8 stone to lose!

That really is fantastic, you have done so well and I hope your really proud of yourself! I must admit I'm addicted to this forum, it really helps me keep on track!

Quick question... I was struggling feeling weak yesterday on SS and had a 4th product yesterday. Will this tarnish my weight lose this week? X

Also just want to check... Are we OK to drink black coffee on CD? I've been having tablet sweeteners to as CDC said it was OK! Does this sound right? X

Thank you :)
Really looking forward to my W.I tomorrow!

If you are struggling have an extra product or a small chicken salad, as long as you don't eat anything too carby you will stay in ketosis. Its better than coming off completely and if it saves you having a binge it will be worth it. I don't think one extra packet will massively affect your loss so don't worry yourself over it.

And yes you can drink black coffee, tea and herbal teas that dont contain fruit i.e green tea & peppermint tea. Tablet sweeteners are fine but stick to sucralose ones like splenda not aspartame.

If there is one thing I've learnt from reading lots and lots of posts on here it's this!

DON'T weigh yourself in between official WI!!! I've read about so many people getting upset because they are disappointed with the amount they have lost so far that week! It sounds like emotional torture!

I have made a promise to myself that I won't weigh myself until each official WI each week! This should save some mental torture! X

I absolutely love the porridges! By far my favourite meal! I have them at lunch time and really do enjoy them! I think they are like marmite... You either love 'em or hate 'em x

Hope everyone is doing fabulous!

Each day seems to be going so slow during this first week but I suppose that makes each day of week 1 a bigger achievement!

I think I'm defo in Ketosis or the start of it as feeling very euphoric and full of wisdom!

Having my soup for my dinner but trying to make sure I have it a bit later to ensure that I don't opt for a 4th CD item tonight!

I'm absolutely addicted to reading the forums and reading about everyone's experiences. Would love a CD buddy!

I've been off work poorly all week and the one thing I'm nervous about is my first day back at work on SS. There are so many yummy things at work which I previously used to gorge on throughout the day (which is one of the reasons I now have 6 stone + to lose) but it will be a true test if I can make it through the day on SS!

Has anyone tried splitting their shakes and porridges up? Is this allowed/does it still work?

Happy slimming x

I always split my soups & shakes up at work because they eat so much there, cafe runs, chips & chocolate so by splitting it up I get to have something everytime someone else does.

Hi, that's great you're doing really well then! Especially working in a cafe!

How much did you lose in your first week? I have my first weigh in on Sunday eek! Very excited and nervous! x:eek:

Well i only started 2 days after my very 1st weigh in needed to make sure my head and heart was in it but on only 5 days no cheating on ss i lost 9lb i almost fell over it really motivated me!! My next WI is on monday that will be for a full week =D Im not feeling to hungry anymore and have a VERY dry tongue making me drink lots of water!! Good luck for sunday im sure you will be pleasantly suprised, make sure to let us know you loss.

Day 4 of SS 100%... Feeling so sick this morning :( don't feel hungry but also come on my TOTM after 3 months which I'm a bit gutted about as I was hoping for a good first week's weigh in to keep me motivated but I've always held water at my TOTM so a bit nervous now!

Has anyone else had TOTM during their first week of SS... It must be caused by the Ketosis as I've got the implant in and haven't had a period since I had it fitted at the beginning of December!

Had my shake this morning, still not bothered about food but fed up of having a splitting headache now boo! (not enough though to put me off diet!)

How's everyone else found day 4? Xxx

I had it in my second week - dont worry too much you will have lost lots of water in the first week anyway so even if you retain a little now I am sure you will have a good loss anyway :) Even if its a bit less than you thought it will catch up next week when your totm comes to an end. You are doing so well the first week is always the worst so you have nearly come through that now! After dreaded day 3 you should pat yourself on the back.

Good luck sunday :)

Just reading through my book, why can't people with Gastric Bands and By-passes do SS or as the book seems to suggest, any of the steps? Just a general wonder? Lol x

Back