My Cambridge Journey

lucielou

Hey guys! I have been lingering around here and commenting randomly for the last few days and I think it is time now to start a diary of my own!

So my names Lucie, I'm a 20 year old uni student and I've struggled with my weight for seven years. Up until my teenage years I had never even thought about my weight, I was a dancer and not even close to being overweight. But at 13, my dad (who I was extremely close to) passed away very suddenly and my world stopped there and then. I stopped dancing and began to comfort eat a lot, and remember being 12 and a half stone when I was 15. I went on my first diet and got down to 10 stone but gained the weight back plus a lot more. I go through periods of dieting and will lose quite a bit of weight, but in the end I always gain it back with an extra few pounds on top. I used to be so bubbly and confident but now I feel so gross that I am making excuses not to meet my friends because I don't want them to see how much weight I have put on. It has come to the stage now where I have gone into the obese category and I don't want my health to suffer. I also love fashion and most of my nice clothes are gone too small for me and I need to get back into them as I have been wearing most tracksuit bottoms and jumpers all summer!

I was in Spain for some of July and August and have never felt so self-conscious. My 2 cousins were with me and they are both really thin, and I felt horrible beside them. I never lay out in a bikini for the whole two weeks.. and the rare occasions I went swimming I would run for a towel the second I came out of the water. We went to a waterpark on our last day, and that is what really pushed me to do something about my weight for 2 reasons. 1) I had a bikini on but I was planning to wear a little beach dress over it on the slides to cover myself up so I was really looking forward to it. At the top of the first slide, the woman made me take off my dress in front of everyone and I felt hideous.. If I had prepared myself for having to be in a bikini for the day I might not have felt so bad, but I felt fine in the dress and it was such a shock to have to suddenly bare my body for 8 hours. If I had known I probably would not have come. 2) They took a photograph of each group coming into the park - so me, my 2 cousins and a friend we made. When we were leaving the park the pictures were stuck up on a wall for us to see and it was possibly the worst photo I have ever seen of myself. I didn't realise how big I had gotten, and to make matters worse my cousin bought it! I didn't let on how crap I felt because skinny people never understand. I had a lump in my throat on the bus the whole way back to the hotel and really struggled to keep back the tears.

I am going back to Spain for a week in October and NEVER want to feel the way I felt this summer. I cut down and began exercising the day after I got home from Spain, but I have only 6 and a half weeks until I go back, so I started on the CWP on Tuesday because I know it gives fast results. I'm planning to stay on sole source until I go and then return to it after the holiday. Haven't decided what I'm going to do for the week I'm in Spain yet though...

So I'm currently on day 5. My first weigh-in will be this Wednesday, and then it will be every second Wednesday from then on. It is going well so far. It's by no means easy, but the thoughts of me wearing a swimsuit in less than 7 weeks have kept me going. I got very bad headaches the first 3 days, but they are getting better now thank god! I'm also finding it difficult to sleep but I'm presuming it is just my body adjusting and will improve with time.

So that is my story in a nutshell! Hope I haven't bored ye all haha :) best of luck today everyone, hope ye are having a good day. WE CAN DO THIS!!!

x

Hiya Lucie
I understand u 100% I been there too and is not easy but yes is possible and we can do it I'm goin to a big celebration in sept so 4weeks away and want to wear a nice dress so far 1 w 6 lb and 2 w was 3 next one is on wed but noughty me been weighting my self and am down 1 stone :) so hopefully by sept can go down 1 st more . So all the best and yes we can do it :) have a good day :)

Hiya Lucie
I understand u 100% I been there too and is not easy but yes is possible and we can do it I'm goin to a big celebration in sept so 4weeks away and want to wear a nice dress so far 1 w 6 lb and 2 w was 3 next one is on wed but noughty me been weighting my self and am down 1 stone :) so hopefully by sept can go down 1 st more . So all the best and yes we can do it :) have a good day :)

awh that is really fantastic so far... 1 stone in that short time wow :) i love coming on here because it is so inspirational when you here how much weight everybody is losing! yeah if you stick to the plan i'm sure you will have lost another stone by then! keep up the great work :) x

Good luck with your weight loss! You sound very determined - just to let you know, the second week is way easier! And when you see that first week loss it will make it worth it. I'm now onto my third week and decided to SS again this week as I really want 4lb off to get my first stone. Fingers crossed! Let us know how you did xxx

Good luck with your weight loss! You sound very determined - just to let you know, the second week is way easier! And when you see that first week loss it will make it worth it. I'm now onto my third week and decided to SS again this week as I really want 4lb off to get my first stone. Fingers crossed! Let us know how you did xxx

Thank you so much Tracey all the support is amazing! Yeah I'm really hoping it gets easier! I would usually eat loads of crap food at the weekend so I am not looking forward to the next 2 days but you're right it will be so worth it! :) well done so far you are doing fantastic! 10 pounds in 2 weeks is so wow! hope today is a good day for you x

ugh I really want food right now :( I'm not even craving junk food I just want anything to stop this empty feeling!!!! oh i would kill for a chicken fillet and lettuce right now mmmmm...

So far today I have eaten porridge and a strawberry shake, and I am just about to have tomato soup. I am going to keep my chocolate mint shake for the x factor tonight how exciting!!!! My CWC text me and said she won't be able to meet me until Wednesday week, which is annoying as I was really looking forward to it. But she asked me to weigh myself in on Monday or Tuesday and let her know, so I'm going to go to boots because I checked my weight there too the day I started the plan and I want it to be accurate.

I am really thinking of having a sole source plus day every so often, it can't affect my loss that much I'm sure??

Hi - know the feeling - my CDC recommended 810 for me, I tried ss and then went to ss plus (in four days haha) way I'm looking at it, if I can just go the 3 packs, great. If not a small protein and veg meal won't hurt me. Good luck Hun stay strong xx

Hi - know the feeling - my CDC recommended 810 for me, I tried ss and then went to ss plus (in four days haha) way I'm looking at it, if I can just go the 3 packs, great. If not a small protein and veg meal won't hurt me. Good luck Hun stay strong xx

Yeah that is a really great way of looking at it actually, i'll just try to do ss and if I really need it I'll have the protein and veg. Although I think if I know I'm allowed have it then I might not want it so much anymore haha! I am feeling much more determined again now again :D I'm just having my choc mint shake and it is very yummy! Hope today was good for you x

It's been a good day :) when I start thinking I might binge I just get my diary out and set myself tiny mini goals lol. Madness I know. X

yeah the mini goals is a great idea to read over when you are feeling unmotivated!

So day 6 and I'm feeling ready to take on the world today.. so far anyway! I had the apple and cinnamon porridge this morning (which I surprisingly have come to really like!) I have literally been home all week doing nothing so I've made plans to keep myself busy over the next while to keep my mind off food! I'm going to a shopping centre with my very supportive mommy tomorrow, hopefully cinema on Tuesday (no popcorn of course ;)) and then on Wednesday I am going to spend a week with some family in another part of Ireland.. I have told them I'm doing the CWP so I'm really determined to stick to it up there! My aunt and granny who I will be staying with have both tried it before, and neither of them lasted more than a couple of days, so I think that will motivate me even more to show them that it can be done as I would really love them to give it another go.

Hope everybody is well today! Will update ye later :) Happy Sunday x

So day 6 was a success, way better than yesterday! I just got some unsupportive comments from a friend who failed on this plan herself. But although it angered me, it also makes me want to prove to everyone that it can be done!

I had a banana shake for lunch - def my fave shake at the mo. Then I had a second bowl of porridge for dinner and I'm currently drinking a lovely chocolate shake!

My CWC said I can introduce the bars in week 2 although some of you guys seem to start them on your 3rd week.. but I'm sure it won't make much of a difference and I can't wait to actually chew something! x

Hey guys! I was out and about all day today was it was great not to have my mind on food and I stuck to the plan 100%.. I had porridge for breakfast, a chocolate shake for lunch, then more porridge for dinner and I'm having a banana shake shortly.
I will be on the plan a week tomorrow but I won't be able to get to boots to weigh myself so I did it today instead. And.... TEN POUNDS IN SIX DAYS!! soo happy! I'm also glad that I am now well away from the 15 stone mark which I am never ever going to see again!! Hope everyone is doing well today x

Hei Lucielou 10lbs wow well done x

Thanks so much :) I know most of it was prob water weight but it is still has motivated me! Just saw your stats there, you are doing so so great! do you find it gets easier as time goes on??x

Yes it does get easier but I have been struggling over the last month as I had a break over my holiday and I just can't get back on track! I will do it though! xx Keep up the good work :)

thats amazing well done! its also been a week a for me tomorrow although ive been more ss plus then ss. x
Thanks a mil it makes it all worthwhile! ooh best of luck tomorrow let me know how you do! x

hey people! today is going great so far.. just back from a morning of shopping (and spending money that I don't have!) but sure you only live once! I got a really nice size 12 dress that won't zip up fully on the back yet but I am determined to get into that before my holiday! I had porridge for breakfast and I just had the toffee and walnut shake for the first time and it was really nice! Hope everyone is having a nice day x

Size 12 and nearly there well done lucieloo going anywhere nice on your hols? x

I'm going to Spain! i'm dreading it at the moment to be honest as my body is no where near ready for a bikini... but hopefully by then it will be as I have six weeks from today! Hope you are getting back into the swing of things after your holiday :) It's really hard to get back to reality! I think when you get the taste of nice foods when you are away it is very difficult to stop eating them sometimes haha x

Back