My cat died :(

Fatty_no_more

Slimming for my children
She was 19 years old.

Basically we went on holiday an my sister had her and whilst we were away she took her to the vet who said she had high bp and gave her tablets to bring it down. This was two days ago and now she's gone! :(

So sad had her in my life for 19 years.

I am really sorry. It is heartbreaking when a pet dies no matter what their age.

Big hugs xxxxxxx

Im so sorry to hear that hun. It is absolutely gutting when you lose a pet, especially since you had your lovely little girl for 19 years. Big hugs babes xxxx

I'm really sorry, my kitty boy died on sunday, he was only 6 and had had a hole in his heart since birth, but I miss him very badly.

Aw poor you. Just think she had a lovely long life with you. Mine was 17 when she died over two years ago and we all still talk about her. Great memories!

I still get teary when I think of our 2 boys, 22 and 19. I found this helpful

RainbowBridge.com
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

So sorry for your sad news, they improve our lives in so many ways and will always be missed xxx

So sorry to hear about your loss.
Lots of hugs,
Jill xx

@ Judimac
The Rainbow Bridge entry sent me sobbing, but it's lovely.

Oh honey...I am so very sorry. :( xxx
I've lost a fair few aged from 15 - 22 years and it just breaks your heart. Not that I'd swap a moment with any of my lovelies.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I lost one of my cat millie last August and it was such a difficult time. I still cry when I think about it and I have tears running down my face as I type this.

I heard someone say that because we love them so much we are willing to take on the pain of loss to spare them the pain of their illness.

When the time was right I got another cat and I like to think that millie sent her to me because she knew that I would give her a loving home and a happy life.

Remember all the fun and loving times you had together and she will always be with you.

Last edited:
aww im so sorry hun, our pets are part of the family so its a big thing lots of hugs hun xxx

I am really sorry for your loss, it is so painful when we lose a much loved pet:hug99:

The fact your cat was 19 years old testifies to the love and care you gave her...brilliant age and in a way makes it all the more harder as she was a huge part of your life.

aww :sigh2: its heartbreaking when u lose a pet especially when its one you've had for so many years :cry: hugs xxxxx

Im so sorry to hear that hun.

I am so sorry for your loss.
When i was 7 months pregnant with my youngest, i went to a spiritulist church and the woman said to me that i would have some bad news soon. My sis in law said i went green so the lady said what is wrong, and i said that i am 7 months pregnant, and she said the baby is going to be fine it is something else.
we were looking after my sis in laws cat, which was my cats brother and they had a fight and mittens bit barneys lung (didnt know this at the time) and a cats bits is poisonous to other cats and Barney went into shock. the vets battled for just over a week to save his life but he had to be put to sleep. i cried for months, i still miss Barney, even though we have another cat called Fred.

So i understand how you feel. Your cat passed away knowing that he was loved. xxx

Back