My cat's eye?

gemmm

One of my cat's eyes has been watering on/off for the past week. She seems alright otherwise and the eye doesn't appear to be red or inflamed. What could it be?

Can you tell if the fluid is clear or cloudy? It helps if you sort of push upwards on the underneath the eye one the nose side as you might be able to see the fluid collect. If its clear then she probably just got something in her eye. If its cloudy then she's potentially got an infection. If its the latter then you might want to take her to the vets.

In the meantime boil some water, put salt in it (half a teaspoon in a pudding bowl of water), wait for it to cool and bathe her eye with some cotton wool. This will help her whatever is wrong with it.

Fingers crossed she's OK, and its just a bit of something in her eye.

My cat has had watery eyes for ages now - but it does not seem to bother him. Some days its worse than others but he is very good and lets me wipe it clean for him.

Thanks for the replies girls :) The fluid seems to be clear so maybe its just something in her eye or maybe she stratched it play fighting with my other cat. I've tried wiping it but shes a wriggler and won't let me :(

as long as your cats eye looks clean and the watering isnt a yucky colour,then he should be fine.

my cat has had a watery eye since birth, doesnt bother him at all.

xoxo

salt water is the best thing for watery eyes. Clears up in no time xxx

Back