My Cat's not fat!

I love this topic.

My cat Chloe is not overweight, yet I am. When I bought her, I promised myself I would not overfeed her, as I do myself and my boyfriend. I realised overfeeding is not love.

Cats do seem to be more in tune with their bodies, than humans. She only eats when she is hungry. I suspect if all I ate was dull cat biscuits, I would only eat when I was hungry. Afterall its hard to over eat on one type of food. New diet craze - cat biscuits?

good thinking! *gets out box of cat biscuits*

I heard cats have no sense of smell? This must affect their taste buds, also their lack of opposable thumbs means they can't cook for themselves, otherwise i think mine would be eating roast chicken, salmon en croute, beef wellington, cream, butter and all sorts of fattening treats ..........

We'd be slim and healthy too if we only ate the muck they have to eat :lol:

My cat has a bit of a belly on him lol nothing terrible, the vet says he's healthy, he's an indoor cat but he eats when he likes and has his insane hours! lol It does seem a nice life though, sleep and laze about all day, eat, get fussed and combed lol

I'm sure my cat can smell, if not he has a terrific inner sense. If I open a tin of tuna or cook fresh tuna he comes running home at high speed even if he is off in the scrub a long way from home. He then sits at my feet waiting patiently till he get some of it.

Much as he loves tuna though he stops if he's had enough.

His normal diet is the boring dried biscuits and he does resort to these if there's nothing better on offer.

Tracey

Cats must be the most clever animals, they someone manage to get us to change, to fit into their idea of an ideal owner.

It's those big eyes, when my British Shorthair looks at me with her blue eyes, I willingly do whatever she wants.

Even my boyfriend who said he would never spoil the cat, feeds her peperoni from his pizza if I am not home.

My cat is slim, which is surprising, now that I am reviewing her diet: dry food, cat food, tuna, pizza, kebab..... I think I will put my boyfriend on a diet, to protect the cat.

this interests me, not just cs I love cats (and I do!)
My old cat we got aged 15, she had set feeding times, she loved food and would eat anything she could, now she wasnt fat, but if we let her eat all the things she asked for, she would be!
She would cry for dinner, try to get dinner early many times!

My current cat, I first enticed with food, she was being neglected so I fed her bits of meat, now she lives off kitty meal biscuits and has no interest in our food at all. her bowl is always kept topped up, she eats what she wants, she is not fat, she never cries for food or overeats.
I wonder if I can train my future children like this..? heh

My cat is very trim (despite eating like a little piggy...he loves his food!) My neighbour's cat is a little porker though and his owner says he eats and eats and eats....she had to get him a collar reading 'do not feed' as he kept going to the neighbours looking for more food!

Back