my CD story is over!

Thanks everyone for the lovely comments :D Don't worry, I've no intention of piling the weight back on but I really do think that I'm done with CD; I don't want to 'weight' (groan) three months before losing more so I'll have to do it by another means. I just see this as a second chapter in my weight loss adventure :D

I definately want to be under 15 stone and working out properly by Christmas.

I am now going to sleep :D

I only been a member on here a short time Jim, but you have achieved so much and once you feel better you will be at your goal in no time. Good luck hun

Have a good rest LJ and take it easy!! x x

Hi Lunar Jim, sorry to hear about yours and your son's problem. Looking at your weight journey, it's so amazing and what an inspiration to every one. You seem to have the right frame of mind so I'm sure healthy eating will get you to your goal. Hope you both feel better soon.

Jim,
You are an inspiration to me and I am sure to many other people on here too with all the progress you have made and all the support you have given. I hope you have a speedy recovery from your op and don't worry about the last stone, I am sure you have learnt different eating habits by now and won't go overboard.

Crikey, Jim - what a rollercoaster you've been on :(

Very glad you're recovering.

You're smack on with the 'second chapter' thinking - absolutely the best way to think of it. You've done very very well indeed on CD, and reached that milestone of 100lbs so recently too. There's more milestones out there, Jim - spot them, set your sights on them and hunt them down! :)

As of yesterday, I'm 'off' CD and into 'Maintenance'... so I'm beginning a healthy eating journey too. Slightly less 'exciting' circumstances for starting my 'second chapter' than yours though! ;) Perhaps we should keep an eye on each other's progress - make sure to keep on the straight and narrow!

That certainly explains why I spotted a post on the calorie counting forum very recently...

Best wishes to you and yours while you all recover! xxx

Awww Jim, firstly, I hope your son is recovering well as that was probably your priority rather than yourself. I reckon you have a couple of things in your favour - you are in FAR better shape now to undergo an op than you were some months ago so better to go through it now than have risked it when you were heavier. Secondly, an yu not use this time to come up through the plans so it could be a trip towards maintenance for you? With only 14lbs to go (and at the rate you drop) would 1200 or 1500 not be suitable?
Whatever you decide, I hope it all goes well for you
xx

Well done hun and good luck with everything you've done fantastic x

Poor you, and Mrs LJ. What a 24 hours you've had.
Take care of yourself and dont worry about those last few lbs. You're so focused you'll shed them easily once you're back to full health.
Good luck & don't be a stranger.:)

Oh jim, I feel for you! you had better not become a stranger! I secretly hated you for you weight loss, make me carry on hating you by getting the last 14lbs off :D good luck

Hi jim
sorry to read what you and the family have been through - I noticed that you hadn't posted for a brief time, little did I think that so much could have been occuring.
wishing a speedy recovery for you and your son, as previously posted -you have been an inspiration and I know that you will find a way to achieve your goal, having come this far
Best wishes x

Awww Jim, firstly, I hope your son is recovering well as that was probably your priority rather than yourself. I reckon you have a couple of things in your favour - you are in FAR better shape now to undergo an op than you were some months ago so better to go through it now than have risked it when you were heavier. Secondly, an yu not use this time to come up through the plans so it could be a trip towards maintenance for you? With only 14lbs to go (and at the rate you drop) would 1200 or 1500 not be suitable?
Whatever you decide, I hope it all goes well for you
xx

You're right BW, I'd made arrangements for the nurses to tell me how he was when I woke up from the op, and I kept badgering them to phone down to the children's ward. They were happy to do it though which was nice of them.

As far as plans go, Mrs LJ spoke to my CDC yesterday and apparently I cannot go back onto the CD for a while due to me being contraindicated. Same as how you can't do any of the plans after giving birth.

So I'm thinking that I can either wait three months and do the rest on CD, or I can have a crack with another method and see how it goes. I can start this in a couple of weeks once I'm feeling a bit better, and accept a slower weight loss, but still try and be under 15 stone by Christmas.

Ooh, can I add:

My son is doing much better today :D

And my stomach looks hilarious! They shaved the middle bit so it looks a bit like a bald man's head, with hair round the sides and none on the top lol

Big hugs to you LJ......
I am so sorry to hear what you have been through over the last 24 hours what a nightmare..
I hope you are ok and not suffering to much and I hope your little boy is ok too.......
LJ, you have done amazingly well on your journey 101 pounds lost is superb.. You have always been an inspiration to all and I am sure you will lose your last stone when you are fit and ready..
Look after yourself and do not be a stranger..
Keep us updated how your getting on.
Take care x

Don't worry, I'll still be posting on here and updating my weight chart, regardless of what happens. I've made a lot of friends on this forum and I'm of course still interested in following how you are all doing!

Jim what a nightmare for you on the health front... but at least you are only a few pounds from goal and you are SO dedicated to losing it I'm sure you will, CD or no CD!

Jim what a nightmare for you on the health front... but at least you are only a few pounds from goal and you are SO dedicated to losing it I'm sure you will, CD or no CD!

Yeah was one of those days... Still, got my laptop on my lap, my feet up, daytime telly on the telly, an out of office set on my work computer and the house to myself. Shame I have to just sit here lol

Ah Jim sounds like your all having a bit of a rough ride this week,you have come this far and i am sure you have the determination to get the last 14lbs off for good.
Good luck and keep us all posted on your progress and I hope your little one gets better very soon.
Take care

Back