my CDC is getting in a muddle

Miss Phoenix

My CDC is a lovely lady but a tad scatty, I have only been on the SS plan for just under 2 weeks but a little confused to the next plan I should be on.

My CDC put me on SS, first week she wrote down my BMI which was just over 30 and gave me my food packs. When I had my first weigh in she muddled me up with another girl with the same 'first name' and says that I have lost 3 stone in one week :D and proclaimed my weightloss was a miracle.. hee hee.... until I point out she has the wrong person!!

Anyway, I had another weigh in yesterday and my BMI is now down to 26, my CDC says ' next week we can put you on 810cal plan', I reply ' dont I have to go up to SS + first?, she says 'You are on SS+ already?!'... it then emerges that she wrote down that I was on SS+ and didnt send my doc's form off, even though I gave her all my doctors details.

She seemed really confused and changed her mind a few times in regards to what plan I should be moving up to. She now thinks it should be ss+ next week.

My BMI will be around 25 (I predict) by next week, should I be on SS+ or 810cal with this BMI?

Thanks for reading my long babbly story xxx

Last edited:
with a bmi of 25 you have to go up to the 810cal plan which you can do until you reach goal if you so wish before working up the steps to maitenance

Hilarious story. I think you can go up to 810, as SS and SS+ are classed as the same step. I would wait to get confirmation from a CDC just to be sure.

I'm not sure why she would send off doctors forms, I thought these were only if you were over 40bmi or contraindicated (or whatever the term is).

Thanks girls for replying.

CDC took my doc's details down in the first appointment and said she would have to let me doc know that I was on SS. As far as I know I didnt have any contra-indications.

Maybe she meant to put me on SS+ and just forgot to tell me to eat the 200 cal protien meal!! haha... (damn robbed of my solid food allowance!!)

Any CDC out there could you clarify if my doc should know I am on SS (or SS+ for that matter) and if its 810 plan for me next week?

cheers everyone xx Miss P

I'm not a CDC, but I know that as soon as your BMI hits 25.0 you need to be on 810. You need the extra protein so that you don't start to lose lean muscle mass.

By my calculations, for your height of 5ft 5, a BMI of 25.0 will be reached when you hit 150 pounds, or 10 stone 10 lbs. Your stats say that you're currently 161lbs - don't know if that's up to date after your weigh in? If it is, I reckon you can stay on SS or SS+ for a few more weeks - it'll take maybe 3 to 4 weeks to lose those 11 pounds, I'd say.

If you're happy on SS, it seems to be you may as well stay on it, LOL. The losses on SS and SS+ are actually very similar.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks Lily, my weight is now down to 11'3 pounds when I got weighed a few days ago. I will wait until I get down to 10'10 then switch to 810cal.
Cheers for your advice.
x LP

Hilarious story. I think you can go up to 810, as SS and SS+ are classed as the same step. I would wait to get confirmation from a CDC just to be sure.

I'm not sure why she would send off doctors forms, I thought these were only if you were over 40bmi or contraindicated (or whatever the term is).

A letter notifying the GP that Miss P was following SS should have been sent off, no reply from her GP would have been required, I assume as the CDC was having a blond moment and thought Miss P was on SS+ she didn't send the required letter :confused:

A letter notifying the GP that Miss P was following SS should have been sent off, no reply from her GP would have been required, I assume as the CDC was having a blond moment and thought Miss P was on SS+ she didn't send the required letter :confused:

Yes you are so right, why would she take my doc's details down if she thought I was ok SS +? Surely she wouldnt have bothered. Oh well, at least I know that my next stage when I hit 25 bmi is the 810 stage. :)

Back