My CDC's scales are out??

Souffle-la

Okay so I guess this is a bit of a pedantic thing to post but, is your CDC meant to use proper scales provided by Cambridge, like how they use really good ones at Slimming World etc?

When I first went to see my counsellor I was surprised at how cheap and flimsy her scales were, she has to hit them a few times in order to get them to work?

Anyway after a few days of doing CD I decided the get myself some really good quality digital scales, and since then I have been weighing in on them at least a pound and a half lighter on them than on my CDC's scales.. My friend is doing Cambridge too and his scales are showing him as a 1lb1/2 lighter. Just to check we both went to boots and we had the same result!:confused:

I know it's a bit anal but it makes me feel a bit disappointed when I go to get weighed, I know how much I weigh, but it's like the CDC's weight is 'official'!

I know what you mean about being disappointed if your CDCs scales weigh heavier than yours.
But as long as your CDCs scales consistently weigh heavier each time it won't matter? What's important is the difference between each weigh in and the difference will be the same on your CDCs scales because you'll be weighing the same 1.5 lbs heavier on them at both time points.
I know my scales at home are 0.5 lbs lighter than my CDCs, so I take that into account if I weigh at home (though I try not to do this too much as the day to day fluctuations due to fluid retention etc aren't worth the anxiety).
I agree though, we'd expect CDCs to have good quality scales. I don't know what the 'rules' are or if they have to use ones approved by Cambridge. My CDCs scales look quite flimsy, but I think they're accurate as they weigh only slightly different from mine.
Potter x

Back