My challenges

Aroha

Hi Everyone,

I am a Kiwi living in Australia and I am very happy that the Cambridge weight plan is finally here.

I started SS on 13th April 2012, it would have been sooner but I had to wait until there was a CDC even close to home.

I also had an added complication, just before Xmas I slipped down a couple of stairs and broke both my ankles, that coupled with a shoulder injury that requires surgery I basically made myself wheelchair bound and so I was for 14 weeks.
I also had to wait until I was no longer dependent on pain killers and my broken bones had healed well enough.

I am now out of the chair but can barely move as one of my ankles has frozen so I cannot walk, this will take a long time to be rehabilitated.

Due to my feeling very isolated, no movement at all and finding comfort in food I gained 28kg in 17 weeks. No excuses but I could not cook or even get to the kitchen so takeaway was my friend. I live alone and had recently moved to another state so really didnt know anyone.

I knew I was not burning enough calories for what I was eating but did not realise the extent of my weight gain til I was able to stand up, so I was looking for a plan that would take all that out of the equation.

I now go to the pool 3-4 times a week where I just try to move and with the help of a weight belt I try to water jog (it's amazing how free you can be in the water)
I would welcome anyone's ideas for excercises without using x3 limbs.

Anyway I am on Day 12 of SS and I have lost 4.25kg so far (9.5 pounds)
I am not expecting huge losses due to the fact I am sitting with my legs up most of the day. So if I can achieve this anyone can. Through all this I have still maintained my computer/phone based job from home this is what has kept me going and my employer is very understanding.

I spend hours a day trawling these forums to gain inspiration and to motivate me enough to keep going and IT DOES!!!.
Thanks to all those who have contributed to the forum it is a valuable resource.

Back