My charm bracelet- target rewards

It looks like a 'Links of London' bracelet (expensive) that a few people have mentioned, but I just got it online (cheaper)- I always liked the bracelets and a reminder of 'silver 7's' from WW years ago just clicked!

I get the charms as I am going along- I try and get one that means something topical to me at that time- this time badminton- they only cost about £5 from various cheap websites (jewellery enchantments, the charm works, 925silvercharms) although I do buy them when I have approx 1-2lb to go for that extra incentive and so I can add them on the day I reach the target.

I still have another 7 to get as I work towards my target- it is getting a bit heavy now and I am running out of space

Thanks for all the nice comments guys- I hope you are all now planning lovely treats for yourselves- we all deserve something nice for our hard work
xx

Thanks, just looked on ebay, what is 925 silver though?

I have been at goal weight for 3 years now, and each year I am at goal, I buy another charm for my bracelet. I have a charm for losing 10% of my weight, a charm for getting to goal, and then a charm each year.

This is a great thing to do! I'm coming up to a year at target in a couple of months and i'm well chuffed that I have kept this weight off. I may rake out my old charm bracelet (i've had it for about 20 years) and buy myself a new charm.

Do you still go to class or have you managed this on your own?

This is a great thing to do! I'm coming up to a year at target in a couple of months and i'm well chuffed that I have kept this weight off. I may rake out my old charm bracelet (i've had it for about 20 years) and buy myself a new charm.

Do you still go to class or have you managed this on your own?
I still go to class, but I gained 7lb that I couldn't shift. I used to go to ww, then changed to sw, and I have another 3lb to lose to get back to the weight I was 2 years ago. I have a pandora bracelet.

I've just googled the pandora bracelets and found the john greed website. These look beautiful, I bet it takes years to fill one of these!!

I've just googled the pandora bracelets and found the john greed website. These look beautiful, I bet it takes years to fill one of these!!
Thats why I love my bracelet, because its a reminder of how far I have come on my weight loss journey. We didn't gain weight overnight, and we are not going to lose it overnight. I am in no rush to fill my bracelet up, and with each year that goes by, another one will be added. Even if it takes me another 15 years, it will be 15 years of hard work well celebrated.

Oh, I think I may ask for one of these for Christmas and then can get links for special occasions. Wonderful idea girls. xx

No, I just googled it, and it is silver with copper added, to make it stronger. 925 is the code in front of sterling silver., so you know its real. Pure silver is never used, as its too soft.

I stole this idea from you ages ago Cocktail princess... when you last mentioned it. I was looking for a reward and I loved this idea.
I buy my own charm for my half stone awards, and my OH buys mine full stone awards.
I have:
A star: Free with the bracelet, so symbolises the start of my journey.
A butterfly: Half stone award
A gecko: 1 stone award
A cat: Club 10 award (Also bought by OH)
A dove: 1 and a half stone award
Interlocking hearts: 2 stone award

Haven't added any for ages, which is a shame... but it does give me an extra incentive!

Emma xXx

I think this is a great idea, I have a Pandora bracelet and my hubby bought me a cupcake with a gold cherry on it when I started my diet... as I wouldn't be eating many cakes ;)

I also have a boy charm and a girl charm that my kids bought me on mothers day, an I love you charm from hubby on valentines day, a handbag from my friends at work, Santa's helper as he bought me the bracelet and my initials.

I love the Pandora bracelets as there are literally hundreds of charms - oh and the shop near me that sells them has two very handsome men working in there :D:D

Back