My clothes fit again!!

ShedMasterZero

was DeepThought
The last time I got a decent way through a VLCD I gave some of my larger clothes to my Uncle and the rest to charity. Not long after that I came off the diet with a health issue (not because of the diet) and I put the weight back on.

So for months now, I have been squeezing into smaller clothes and feeling very uncomfortable going out - even just to the local shops. This was one of the many reasons that raced through my mind in the build up to actually doing something about it.

I can now happily say that my clothes now fit me quite comfortably. If anything they are slightly loose, rather than bulging at the seams.

Although I still have a long way to go, I just wanted to share that because it feels really good. :eek:

That's great - and i feel exactly the same. I haven't gone as far as buying new clothes yet but all my current stuff is feeling comfortable/loose and it feels amazing.

Great feeling isnt it :)I've got a wardrobe ranging from a size 14 to 22 (which were very snug )I'm now fitting in to a size 18 and some 16's I am going to throw anything that's too big for me away this time which I've never done before because it's too easy to slip back into them and not worry so much about your growing waistline x

It is great. I think this time around I will keep the clothes a little longer just in case. I'm determined not to fail, but without going into the details, not everything is within my control. I just have to see how things go.

I've got some clothes which will cover me for the next step, but I think I'll have to start buying new stuff when I get past the 14 stone barrier. It's been a while since I bought anything new, other than socks and underwear.

Yay!! I can't wait until I am in your situation and my clothes fit me again without squeezing. I purposely did not buy any larger sizes when I gained weight this last time and went up a size, because I felt that I needed that extra motivation to get me on a diet. If I bought looser clothes I probably would have just gained weight to fit them. Ack!! I am so happy for you.

I know the feeling bud, I was wearing a pair of combat shorts yesterday and a few weeks ago I couldn't get anywhere near doing them up lol :D

Well done to you!!

I know the feeling cos I did exactly the same as you! Lost nearly 4st using Lipotrim a couple of years ago, came off it when I hit 12st cos I felt ok with that but due to lots of factors ~ some my doing some not, just over 2st crept back again. I'd got rid of my really big clothes but gradually the clothes I had just got tighter and tighter......... in fact, I was wearing trousers where I couldn't do up the zip and button but I used a belt to hold them up covered by a long top:mad::mad::mad: Silly mare.... but I just wouldn't buy bigger clothes. Those trousers are now consigned to the bin along with everything over size 14 cos they were tooooo big:D Tis a great feeling so WELL DONE YOU....... bet you can't wait for loads of your stuff to get too big now! (sorry for the essay on your thread:D) x

Sounds familiar namaste. Luckily I didn't quite get to the point where I couldn't do my jeans up, but it wasn't far off. The warm weather a few weeks back was really difficult, because I would put on a loose fitting shirt to cover up the fact that my jeans were a few sizes too small. So not only were my clothes uncomfortable, but I also had to suffer the extra heat to try and hide the embarrassment. But even that shirt started to get tight and uncomfortable. I don't want to go back there ever again.

well done :)

It's amazing the difference a stone or so makes, isn't it? Keep up the great work!

Brilliant, well done. I only have 12s and 10s in my wardrobe, both of which are too tight and it is a great motivation., especially when it becomes too warm for a baggy top. I've been trying to get going since the beginning of the year and I really needed the hassle of only having 2 t-shirts that didn't cling to my jeans overspill to really give me that extra push. I'm so glad I got rid of the bigger sizes.
Keep it up, :)

This is so inspiring - well done!

I've clothes ranging from a 16 to 20 in a box under my bed - loads of almost new jeans and a few tops and dresses. Can't wait to get into them!

ShedMasterZero I like it!!

Almost Jedi like, 'step away from the food', 'you don't want to eat that', 'you're not hungry', 'you will lose weight', 'you will be slim again', 'feel the exante force',...

lol :D

MrMojo said:

Almost Jedi like, 'step away from the food', 'you don't want to eat that', 'you're not hungry', 'you will lose weight', 'you will be slim again', 'feel the exante force',...

Hahaha!

It wasn't easy thinking of a new name. I even lay in bed the other night thinking about it for hours and didn't really come up with anything.

The name was sort of based on a character, but just for the sound of it rather than what he does.

I like your idea as well though. :D

Back