My confession........

Red77

Well we just had a team lunch and we were going to a pub where I knew I could have a ceaser salad or something low-carb' - however that pub was full and so we had to go to this dive of a pub.

NOTHING on the menu was healthy and nor had the pub ANY salad, (can you believe that) and so I had a steak and chips but only ate part of it so I felt ok'ish about it all.

I come back to my desk and one of the managers has put on MY DESK, a massive box of M&S chocs (double layer) and 2 x boxes of Easter crispy cakes - Give me a break!:eek:

Now I have surcumb to 2 chocs but thats all and I am boycotting Easter so whilst its not ideal, I won't be tempeted by anymore of them as I have now put them in the kitchen and thankfully I leave for my Easter break in under 2 hours. :sigh:

Oh no!!
Just put it behind you and get back on track!
Well done for only eating part of the meal though and only a couple of chocs. Hopefully it won't affect anything too much x

oh no. Don't stress about it too much. Forget it and move on, tomorrow is another day. =) You'll be fine.

My confession...I had to eat something yesterday as i had a lunch style interview for a phd. Most annoyed that they could not do a normal style interview rather than one that involves food. le sigh:sigh:

My confession...I had to eat something yesterday as i had a lunch style interview for a phd. Most annoyed that they could not do a normal style interview rather than one that involves food. le sigh:sigh:

Oh well, it's for a good cause, and I hope you at least enjoyed what was on offer :) Whilst I have every respect for anyone who can do complete abstinence for months on end, for me, every now and then there are just some (usually) work related (on in your case academic) events that to refuse would be too awkward.

Best of luck with the interview, BTW, what might you be researching?

Well I avoided the pub lunch today but am being taken out tomorrow! Its the same place I went last week when I had the ceaser salad so as I only had it last week it doesn't sound as appealing, checked the menu and there is a prawn and spinach salad I will go for, am debating the steak and asking them to swap the chips for the daily veg but not really sure what veg I should be eating or if I will actually ask them to remove the chips!
If I have to go out I always plan what I'm having in advance, once thats in my head then I am quite sure thats what I'm going to order, when they bring the dessert menu round I just turn it over so I can't see it!

Cell signaling and Genomics of Cardiovascular Disease. It sounds so grown up even the thought of it scares me haha.

Wow! something potentially useful :cool:

And yes, it does sound grown up! lol But - let you into a secret - a grown-up life bloody terrifies me too ;)

Back