My counsellor is morbidly obese

It's a tough one isn't it. I went for induction, many moons ago and the LLC was "bigger" than I thought she would be and looked different to her profile picture. I was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. After induction i asked about shift working and how that would tie in and she told me it wouldn't and I should do WW instead! Needless to say, I went back to the LL site and chose another LLC who turned out to be fantastic.
It wasn't her size that put me off but her attitude.... You have to feel comfortable with the person you choose, no matter what they look like I think.
It's a tough journey but the end result is fantastic.....
SWBT

My LLC was very overweight, which was a bit off putting at first. But she was fantastic with the counselling. You don't need motivation from a skinny person, you need someone who really understands what having issues with food is like and who is able to do the therapy well.

You will get used to it :)

Saying that I think I would find it harder to get support in maintenance from someone who is unable to maintain, but I had learned my lessons and am happy to be going it solo.

I just wanted to say I know where you are coming from, I would feel just the same, I think (well this is how it is for me) that this is such a big step and commitment to make emotionally/financially/practically that I would want to feel that I could cope with all of it and I think the counsellor is such an important part of the whole process. I feel like I have a great relationship with mine and I'm just starting week 4. However she is going through abstinence too at the moment and I think that helps.

Good luck on your journey xx

Back