My Countdown - 20 Weeks to go!

Exactly! 2lbs a week is my target, completely achievable and realistic. Anything extra just adds to the buzz! Every other time I've done CD I've set myself such high targets that I've set myself up for failure. This way, even if I do slip up once in the week, I have time to fix it! Possibly not the right attitude, but I'm being realistic!

Will have to see whether I manage to go to the loo in the next couple of days, it's very odd. I'm usually a twice a day person! lol. I don't feel bunged up or bloated though? Might have to get some fibre stuff off CDC.

I was freezing last night, I'm usually really hot at night and end up throwing the covers off. But last night had the duvet tucked up round my head and had my thick satin bed throw on as well (which is like wrapping cling film round you) and it was cosy, but I was anything but hot! My hands and feet are freezing and my back feels cold as well, like I've got a draught on it. Brrr!

Just realised it's my birthday in 2 weeks! :)

Eek, you are meant to have an extra glass of water (250mls) per tetra, because the tetras are more concentrated. So if you're having 4 tetras a day then that would be an extra litre. But this is on top of the recommended 2 litres a day (which is what the small print on the shakes, tetras etc says).

So if you're already having 3 litres a day, then that's fine. I would say that 4 litres a day is too much, it's an unrealistic amount to have to drink and I'm no doctor, but I'm sure I've read that too much water can put your kidneys under strain as it can't process it through quickly enough and you start to dilute your bodies salt levels etc.

Someone correct me if I'm completely off track?! :)

Eek I've not heard this you are meant to drink more than the minimum 2.25litres if you have tetras but not heard of the extra litre for each tetra you have, my bro had 4 tetras a day when he did CD last year and theres no way he drank 6 litres!!! And sometimes drinking too much can cause you to retain water just as much as not drinking enough, I have a very delicate balance of 3 litres a day any more or any less and I turn into a sponge and retain.

Ps I should've read what Kerry had put before I replied lol, what she said is right.

not a litre sally lol just an extra glass per tetra. it says on the back of the tetra pack. :) 6 litres of water would be crazy!

mind.... i was reading the paper tonight whilst visiting mum. starbucks are bringing out a new larger size in the US, the trenta. it's over 900ml in size and stands 17cm tall. they were saying if you had a ff latte you'd be consuming 660 cals. WTF! i'd be worried about the total amount of caffine in one of these per americano not the cals :) it said that a normal stomach can hold around 900ml of liquids with a max of 2000-4000ml. it was such a funny article.

great things said:
not a litre sally lol just an extra glass per tetra. it says on the back of the tetra pack. :) 6 litres of water would be crazy!

mind.... i was reading the paper tonight whilst visiting mum. starbucks are bringing out a new larger size in the US, the trenta. it's over 900ml in size and stands 17cm tall. they were saying if you had a ff latte you'd be consuming 660 cals. WTF! i'd be worried about the total amount of caffine in one of these per americano not the cals :) it said that a normal stomach can hold around 900ml of liquids with a max of 2000-4000ml. it was such a funny article.

I won't be telling OH that else he will want one! He already pees for England on
A regular lol

Gulped down a glass of coke zero and had a slither of cheese! Belly is suddenly like a football! Hopefully it has a senekot effect! Lol

I would say that 4 litres a day is too much, it's an unrealistic amount to have to drink and I'm no doctor, but I'm sure I've read that too much water can put your kidneys under strain as it can't process it through quickly enough and you start to dilute your bodies salt levels etc.

Someone correct me if I'm completely off track?! :)

I don't think 4litres is unrealistic for some and not dangerous if drunk sensibly. I drink 4-5litres plus a day, mainly 'cos I love water and get a really dry mouth on this diet - but am 99% sure I've read that if its drunk throughout the day, then that's fine. I think it only becomes a problem if you try and drink 4litres at once.

Hmm morning weighing, scales are down again. Averaging about 0.3-0.5 lbs a day, so why is it not showing on my evening weigh in, which is the most important one! Surely I can't be losing half a pound a day but at the same time retaining half a pound more water every single day?

So, new approach today. I'm not at work so won't be having my usual 4 coffee, so going to replace them with a 3rd pint of water today and tomorrow to see if that helps the fluid flush through!

What does everyone do at weigh in day? Do you drink as normal through the day? I find myself wanting to have the bare minimum cause I know I've got scales to face, maybe that's why I binges after last weeks weigh in?!

I'm laid here in bed cause I'm bloody freezing and starting to let myself feel really peeved off about the scales.

Weekends aren't good for me, too much free time on my hands. Plenty to do, but with no deadlines to get it done by, find myself moping a lot of the time.

So I'm now getting up to walk the dogs and ride the horse! As soon as I can drag myself out of my snuggy bed lol

on weigh day i monitor my liquids closely, sep if it's an evening weigh in. luckily mine is 9.30am so i don't have to worry so much.

I used to have the same problem with my evening weigh ins- used to gain a pound or two during the day!! I found myself not eating or drinking all day and then bingeing after weigh in! Switched to morning weigh in now- much better!! X

Hi Kez,

I asked for a morning weigh in, as well. However, this week my friend that has been coming with me (she's working up her courage to start CD), can't go until noon on Monday (instead of 10). So, I will have my coffee and little water -- but no shakes, etc. until after the weigh in.

MinnieMel

Well only 1 litre of water and a tetra down so far , today hasn't panned out how I thought it would, seem to have lots of unexpected errands to do.

Had to go to the feed store and went with a couple of girls from the yard who proceeded to get sausage, bacon and mushroom baps and chips and eat them in the car. I settled for a bottle of volvic. I didn't want what they had, but I was so teasy cause it smelt soo good!

So today I am a very grumpy cd'er! And freezing, vest top, tshirt, hoodie, scarf and coat ! Still freezing!

Ah well done for resisting the bacon bun, not sure I couldve! I had a grumpy day yesterday, feel better today though. I've only had a shake and litre and a half of water so far, while I'm off I'm trying to have everything a bit later than I normally would, because the evenings are veeeeeerrrry long!

I bet! I've only had a tetra today but now left it too long, think I'm going to have to have a soup and a mousse otherwise I won't get 3 in. Making Scott chicken pie for tea, my fab! So will be trying not to nibble!

I bought some bouillon today, spotted it and I'm sure I've hears you can drink it on cd? I was thinking more of using it as a gravy with chicken and broccoli if I have an ss+ day.

Going home to get my wedding dress out to measure it and try to work out what size it is. And measure myself!

I quite often have bouillon when I fancy something savoury, it's nice, never thought of having it as gravy, bet it'll be tasty!

Okay, so I am still none the wiser on what size my wedding dress is. Unless anybody on here can read chinese?! I can see a number 14 on it, but that could be order number, date etc etc.

I know that their sizes were a bit odd, basically their size 14 is the equivelant of a UK size 14 bust, UK size 12 waist and a UK size 16 hips.

I've just measured myself and I am 3 different sizes...lol!

Bust = 46" (which is a size 20/22)
Waist = 42" (size 24)
Hips =54" (size 28)

WTF! I am a size 22, how can my hips be a size 28?! All I wear is trousers, it's not like I am kidding myself with elasticated skirts! lol

And that also means I need to lose the following:

Bust = 7"
Waist = 11.5"
Hips = 11.5"

I wish I hadn't looked now! lol

The good thing is there seem to be quite a few of my dress about second hand, so there is always that option?!

Hi Kez --

Is it a US dress? If so, who is the manufacturer? When ordering a dress from the US you need to look at the company's website -- the measurements can vary by up to two inches in some areas for a particular size. You also have to measure for back length. The hem can be altered but if the body is too long, it is much harder to alter.

MM

Last edited:
Their measurements were different all together, thats why I can't remember what size I ordered as I know it was a mixture of all different sizes! lol

Guess I'll just have to wait until I've dropped a couple of sizes and take it from there...eek! Thing is, if I don't get down to the weight I need to be to fit the dress, then realistically I would need a different dress anyway as this style wouldn't suit plus sized.

Oh, and OK I know I am getting a little bit obsessed by the scales, which I said I wouldn't. But they STILL haven't moved. This morning I was 17 stone 5.5 lbs and this evening I am 17 stone 9 lbs. Which was last Mondays weigh in weight. Thats 5 days 100% now and the scales haven't moved?! The only thing thats going to save me now is drinking loads and loads of water tomorrow and the hope that CDC's scales weigh lighter than mine.

Back