My Countdown - 20 Weeks to go!

Weigh in tonight, am willing my bladder to fill so I can go for a wee! Only been for 1 pee so far today... Eek! Lol

1week down, 24 to go!

Good luck Kerry, fingers crossed your bladder and the scales behave for you!!! Keep us posted Xx

good luck. let us know how you've got on. i sts this week. not suprising since i've been on and off plan like a yoyo with what's been going on, then my mum's amputation and then throwing up due to too much opiate. what a week.

@Great things -- STS is very good under the circumstances.

I'm getting really excited about the countdown... be sure to post the wedding preparation updates (i.e. inviatations mailed, cake ordered, etc.). The six months will go soooo fast.

MinnieMel

Well the bladder and scales behaved, 3 lbs down. So that's a new record, 13lbs in week! Am pleased and it's spurred me on with topped up motivation, went into the petrol station and passed on the creme eggs on offer and treated myself to a bottle of coke zero!

My CDC started bollywood dancing this week so I mentioned zumba and she hadn't heard of it. Then her next person came in a mentioned it out of the blue, then another person came in saying their friend was raving about it. We all want to go but noone to go with, so I think we might plan a class trip! Lol

Nikki stop beating yourself up and enjoy your day off! 14 is a cracking size to be, besides I'm sure next size 14 jeans are the same as a 12 everywhere else :)

MM, wedding planning is all sorted, it's the doing that needs to kick into gear now! Cake is ordered, meeting next month to discuss designs, my dress, bridesmaids and the boys suits are sorted, as is venue, dj, church etc! Flowers, table decs done!

When do you send invitations, is 6 month before too early do you think?

In the U.S. their is an newish thing to do -- and it is to send "Save the Date" refrigerator magnets. Those can out an year in advance... and I think the invitations usually go out a month or two before the date. You do two mailings -- but the magnets are a great reminder, and in case something happens to the venue or whatver... it is not so early the invite is incorrect or gets lost or forgotton.

I am not sure a business link is okay -- but you can google "save the date magnets uk".

MinnieMel

Last edited:
Ooh, just to add, we sent save the dates in Christmas cards before our September wedding, then sent the actual invitations at the end of may, so about 3 months before.

I sent invites and Christmas cards to the distant family, I figured the close family will all be clued up!

Woo hoo Kerry well done I'm so proud of you Hun!! That's a brilliant weightloss!!! Go you!!! Xxx

Epic fail! So I started off with a turkey steak and cooked a roast for Scott, then I had 5 grilled mushrooms, then I had 4 mini Yorkshire puddings dipped in gravy, then another turkey steak then 2 petit filous! Oh and some stuffing! The only thing I didn't eat was the potatoes and the broccoli that was meant to go with my first turkey steak.

I guess I just can't break the old after weigh in binge! So I think we can safely say I am completely out of ketosis, starting from scratch tomorrow. Luckily there are no crisps, biscuits, chocolate, bread in the house as if there was I would be eating them as well.

Ok, so I need to be realistic. What damage have I done? I will be completely out of ketosis and it's going to take me a good couple of days to get back into it. I'm going to be retaining water tomorrow because of this and I will definately have halted any weight loss that was going on.

I've totted up the kcals on my netdiary app and it came to approx 1270kcals and 56grams of carbs. I can't believe that what I ate came to that!

I need to try to burn through those kcals my body will be storing up as quickly as possible. So going swimming tomoz before work. Haven't been swimming for a very long time and it will completely suck having to leave the house at 6am! But it's my own fault for being such a pig!

Leave at 5.45am, feed the horses on route, at the pool for 6.30am. Swim for half an hour, get out, showered and changed and be on my way to work by 7.45am! Yuk, yuk, yuk!!!!!

Last edited:
You can do it hun, I've had a day off so tomorrow will be day 1 for me too, we'll get each other through it. The cals wont be too bad in the course of a week it only works out to be a few extra a day.

Put it behind you and start again tomorrow as if it didn't happen! X

Hi Kez. Firstly congratulations on such a great loss.
Secondly, I did exactly the same as you after my weigh in on Saturday i'e pigged out and knocked myself out of ketosis. I spent the night feeling bloated and disgusted with myself plus, the naughty food had set off my ulcer so I have been a very unhappy bunny today. Oh well. We just pick ourselves up and get back on track :eek:
Good luck getting back in ketosis and see you for next weeks weigh in :D

Hi Kez,

Good plan re: the extra calories. The swimming will burn a lot and up your metabolism for some hours afterwards --so you will probalby get away with it this time. However, I am pretty sure the yorkshire puddings will kick you out of ketosis, but you should slide back in quickly as there is not way you will have replenished your glycogen stores.

Enjoy your swim.

MinnieMel

Last edited:
Nom nom nom, A&C porridge! Managed to make it the right consistency for once and am feeling hungry so it's hitting the spot!

Yeah but made it way to runny so going to give it another go tomorrow!

it's now my fav, that and the mint bar.

Back