My cycling challenge!!! :S

lulubelz

Ok, so I am very poor, so I had to sell my beloved car, which I am so gutted about it's unreal. I had a little cry as I saw it being driven off by someone else! :cry:So, in order to get to work, I have brought a bike, which to help my weight loss will be fab, although my work is 10 miles away, so Im going to be cycling about 20 miles a day! :rolleyes:

Does anyone else do this? How long does it take you? I am going to leave myself an hour and a half to do it initially.....I hope that's enough! :confused:

I am quite worried I wont make it, and will arrive about 4 hours late for work, bright red, sweating like mad, wheezing as well.....could be quite entertaining for everyone there though.....

I don't personally cycle to work and my reason is because (well apart from lack of bike) I live 26miles from work, and even if I was fit enough to do 52miles a day, it's along country roads and over a fell road, which because of where I work, as busy as most of the town roads (read 'would be dangerous in my eyes').

BUT

There ARE people who cycle to work from my village - and though I think they are mental (roads) I also have a lot of respect for them!

SO WELL DONE!

A guy in my office cycles 24miles a day, is fit as a fiddle but also eats like a horse - so expect food intake to go up! Just keep lots of free foods about :)

It might take time to adapt, but I have a lot of respect for you- it's great for the environment AND you! Yay! xxx

I've just started cycling (not to work though as I work 40 miles away from where i live) and to cycle 7 miles takes about 3/4 of an hour, I'm not very fit or fast!

Well done to you though, think of all those pounds you'll be shifting and your doing your bit for the environment. Keep us updated on your progress.

x

Oh my life!!! Ok, so I managed it. I got to work and back again, in one piece. I ache...so much! Everything from the waist down hurts badly, mostly my behind! ha ha.

Well, I got a little lost but it did take me about a hour and 35 mins on the way up, as a lot of it is slightly uphill, and I kept getting stuck behind lots of irritating school children. On the way back, it took about, well.....an hour and 5 mins, which is a bit better.

so hopefully i shall soon be able to better that time!! eeek!! xxx

WOW!!! Well done :happy096:
Thats some sort of mileage . . . Not something I could do ~ Im pretty sure I havent been on a bike in years!! Df purchased one off ebay about 8 months ago (second hand!) for lots of money, I went crazy, apparently its some sort of rare expensive thing that wouldnt de-value . . . .hes not been on it once!!! :eek: typical man!!

Well done Hun!!!!
Im plucking up the courage to cycle to work myself....live about 10 miles away. The only issue I have is collecting my Daughter from Nursery on the way home!

Sounds really good, quite a challenge though 10 miles there and 10 miles back! Well done to you!

I've been seriously considering getting a bike for myself and one for hubby - I've dropped a few hints to the family, so who knows what Santa might bring us!

We have a really nice cycle path nearby which runs 13 miles so that would be our ultimate goal a 26 mile round trip and we reckoned that it would maybe take us 2 hours there and 2 hours back - it's a fairly level path the full length so I reckon that's quite a realistic goal. We'll need to build up to that though as neither of us have been on a bike for a number of years (probably 20!)

Best o'luck'n'stuff with your own challenge and well done to you!

From 0 miles a day to 20 days a day? Very impressive!

If you haven't already got some I recommend some padded cycling shorts to go underneath whatever you are wearing, and some well aimed Vaseline beforehand will also help big-time.

There is a very good value cycling site which has everything you will ever need - well worth a look www.wiggle.co.uk

Have fun :)

From 0 miles a day to 20 days a day? Very impressive!

If you haven't already got some I recommend some padded cycling shorts to go underneath whatever you are wearing, and some well aimed Vaseline beforehand will also help big-time.

There is a very good value cycling site which has everything you will ever need - well worth a look www.wiggle.co.uk

Have fun :)

Back