My daughter and the 'O Factor' LOL

Shazpaz

The schools in Oldham have been running talent competitons. My daughter said she was going in for it...which was a shock because she usually doesn't like doing anything like that (she's 11 ). Anyway she came home from school all excited to let me know she'd made it through auditions and was in her schools final to be held on comic relief day. The day arrived and she was very nervous about the competition. Anyway that evening a very excited little girl came home to let me know her (and 4 of her friends) had won the competition. They sang and danced to a High School Musical song. I was thrilled for her. The next week the head teacher told me that the girls had been put forward to a regional competition. The schools in Oldham had been holding competitions and the winners were to take part in a competition called the O Factor....Oldhams version of the X Factor.

Last night we set off for the competition. We had to get the girls there early for the sound check (which sounded very professional to me). We arrived at 6.45 to this huge room full of people. The stage was huge and they had a full sound equipment. A table was set up for the judges just like the X Factor then the competition got on the way. The first group got up. Three young girls singing Duffy's Warwick Avenue. They were amazing. OH NO I thought. Our girls are unprepared. I thought it was only a bit of fun, but these guys were really professional. So too were the second act and third....our girls were fourth to perform.

Out they came on stage. The music started and they started shaking their little bums. Three at the back and two at the front. They started singing and dancing and all us parents were sat their with our jaws on the floors. They were FANTASTIC. The singing was top notch, the dancing was out of this world and halfway through there was an instrumental part and my daughter ran off the stage and started doing back flips across the floor. The crowd all cheared and clapped. These kids had practiced in the playground and they turned out a fantastic performance. The judges were very positive with their comments.....they couldn't believe the kids had done this all by themselves.

We sat and watched the other acts. The standard was very high and I explained to my daughter that they should be very proud of themselves as they had done really well.

The time came for the results....to be read in reverse order. Third place....the group I thought could win. Oh I thought thats a surprise. Second place was a three piece girl group who sang to a Mama Mia song with no music and did really well. FIRST PLACE......YAY....our girls won!!!!!!!! You should have seen the place erupt....all shouting and clapping. The girls were so shocked and so were we. It was a bit of fun which turned out to be a fantastic night. The girls earned £75 for themselves and £75 in music vouchers for there school.

I just had to post and say well done to my usually very shy little girl. She's been a bit ill recently and had blood tests done the day before, but this was a fantastic distraction for her. WELL DONE NICOLE, CHINA, HEIDI, GEORGIA and HOLLY.

You made us all proud. LOL.......you'd think she won the real X Factor!!

Reactions: Taz
Didn't realise you were from Oldham. Girl from our school came second, apparently. But well done to your daughter, that's fabulous :D

(Which school is she at?)

That's fantastic! WTG your Daughter and Co.:party0011:

Didn't realise you were from Oldham. Girl from our school came second, apparently. But well done to your daughter, that's fabulous :D

(Which school is she at?)

She's at Mather Street Primary School in Failsworth. There were two competitions. One for Primary and one for Secondary.

Was the girl from your school called Leigh O'Donnell??? If so she was blooming fantastic. I couldn't believe how good the acts were.

She's at Mather Street Primary School in Failsworth. There were two competitions. One for Primary and one for Secondary.

Was the girl from your school called Leigh O'Donnell??? If so she was blooming fantastic. I couldn't believe how good the acts were.

Yep...Leigh's one of ours :D she is something special! Don't know why, but assumed your daughter was in secondary (must have been the 11 thing lol). Is she off to Failsworth in September?

No I'm home educating her!! I really don't fancy Failsworth. I work from home so it works out well. She is already enrolled in loads of clubs etc as its the social side I was concerned about, but now I might be calling Oldham Theatre Workshop!!! LOL.

Back