My Diary ♥ The build up to my dream wedding ♥

Discussion in 'Brides To Be' started by xnickyfitchx, 11 February 2011 Social URL.

1. xnickyfitchx

xnickyfitchx ♥ Bride - to - be ♥

Start Weight:
    17st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Pro Points
    Hey ladies ♥

I am using this diary as a way of keeping an online track of where I am up to with all this exciting wedding planning ♥

Tom and I are getting married on Saturday 12th May, 2012. Our venue is The Grosvenor in Pulford, where we are having the whole day there. Ceremony, wedding breakfast and evening do ♥

My wedding planning is only just starting really as time is creeping up on me (us!) slowly.

I am starting with a checklist of things that NEED! to be done.

♥ [STRIKE]Book a wedding venue[/STRIKE]
    ♥ [STRIKE]Book a date[/STRIKE]
    ♥ [STRIKE]Pay deposit[/STRIKE]
    ♥ [STRIKE]Book a Chester registrar[/STRIKE]
    ♥ [STRIKE]Pay deposit[/STRIKE]
    ♥ Get Tom's divorce papers (complicated!)
    ♥ Take papers down to Flintshire county council after May 12th

I am so excited about getting started on all the fun stuff :) At the minute, this is all the stuff that "needs" to be done. Tis still fun though :)

Last edited: 11 February 2011
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. xnickyfitchx

Start Weight:
    17st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Checklist ♥

[STRIKE]Book a wedding venue[/STRIKE]
    ♥ [STRIKE]Book a date[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Pay deposit[/STRIKE]
    ♥ [STRIKE]Book a Chester registrar[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Pay deposit[/STRIKE]
    ♥ Get Tom's divorce papers (complicated!)
    Take papers down to Flintshire county council after May 12th
    ♥ Choose transport
    Book transport
    ♥ Plan invitations
    Make invitations
    ♥ Send out invitations

On my list, I have added to choose and book transport. I would love to arrive at the venue in a horse and carriage. I am either white horses with a black carriage or black horses with a white carriage, or black horses and carriage or white horses and carriage. I want them to be decorated with red things.

Why white, red and black? Cos that is our colour theme :) My main colour being white with black and then red ribbon around my bouquet. The men having black as their main colour with red and a small bit of white. And my brides maids having red as their main colour with white and a black ribbon around their flowers :)

So exciteeedd

♥ Our bridal party

♥ Bride and groom - Me and Tom
    Best man - still to be chosen ♥
    ♥ Chief bridesmaid - Jeni, my best friend
    *Maid of honour - Vicky, my best friend* - If able to attend as lives over in Australia ♥
    ♥ Ring barer - My baby boy, Zach
    Bridesmaids - Ceri and Ellie (Tom's sisters), Lisa (my sister - in - law) and my niece Emily, who will almost be 4 on the day ♥

I know that you tend to have either a chief bridesmaid or a maid of honour, but there is no way that I can choose between my two best friends (who also happen to be sisters).

Zach may be walking as he will be 1 and a half on the day, or he may be walking with a walker - so my plan is that if he is walking with a walker, I am going to find a plain one that I can decorate, get a nice cushion and tie a fake pair of rings on to the cushion :) If he isn't walking at all, then I would like my dad (who is giving me away) to carry him down (another unusual thing I know but it's my wedding and I can do what I want :))

We are having a civil wedding at the hotel and so this means that we get to plan our ceremony a little bit :) That will be so much fun :D

Last edited: 12 February 2011
  4. xnickyfitchx

Start Weight:
    17st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    ♥ Pictures ♥

So yesterday, I started buying little bits for the wedding

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. xnickyfitchx

Start Weight:
    17st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    I was talking to Tom about the wedding yesterday and he got to a point where he just switched off and then changed the subject. I told him that it is mainly going to be all I talk about now and he had better get used to it haha :)

6. kerryathome

kerryathome Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(22.28%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    sounds like you're well on track Nicky, well done. You're miles ahead of where I was this time last year planning our wedding.

Keep it up :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.