Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

My Diary ♥ The build up to my dream wedding ♥

Discussion in 'Brides To Be' started by xnickyfitchx, 11 February 2011 Social URL.

1. xnickyfitchx

xnickyfitchx ♥ Bride - to - be ♥

Start Weight:
    17st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Pro Points
    Hey ladies ♥

I am using this diary as a way of keeping an online track of where I am up to with all this exciting wedding planning ♥

Tom and I are getting married on Saturday 12th May, 2012. Our venue is The Grosvenor in Pulford, where we are having the whole day there. Ceremony, wedding breakfast and evening do ♥

My wedding planning is only just starting really as time is creeping up on me (us!) slowly.

I am starting with a checklist of things that NEED! to be done.

♥ [STRIKE]Book a wedding venue[/STRIKE]
    ♥ [STRIKE]Book a date[/STRIKE]
    ♥ [STRIKE]Pay deposit[/STRIKE]
    ♥ [STRIKE]Book a Chester registrar[/STRIKE]
    ♥ [STRIKE]Pay deposit[/STRIKE]
    ♥ Get Tom's divorce papers (complicated!)
    ♥ Take papers down to Flintshire county council after May 12th

I am so excited about getting started on all the fun stuff :) At the minute, this is all the stuff that "needs" to be done. Tis still fun though :)

Last edited: 11 February 2011
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. xnickyfitchx

Start Weight:
    17st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Checklist ♥

[STRIKE]Book a wedding venue[/STRIKE]
    ♥ [STRIKE]Book a date[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Pay deposit[/STRIKE]
    ♥ [STRIKE]Book a Chester registrar[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Pay deposit[/STRIKE]
    ♥ Get Tom's divorce papers (complicated!)
    Take papers down to Flintshire county council after May 12th
    ♥ Choose transport
    Book transport
    ♥ Plan invitations
    Make invitations
    ♥ Send out invitations

On my list, I have added to choose and book transport. I would love to arrive at the venue in a horse and carriage. I am either white horses with a black carriage or black horses with a white carriage, or black horses and carriage or white horses and carriage. I want them to be decorated with red things.

Why white, red and black? Cos that is our colour theme :) My main colour being white with black and then red ribbon around my bouquet. The men having black as their main colour with red and a small bit of white. And my brides maids having red as their main colour with white and a black ribbon around their flowers :)

So exciteeedd

♥ Our bridal party

♥ Bride and groom - Me and Tom
    Best man - still to be chosen ♥
    ♥ Chief bridesmaid - Jeni, my best friend
    *Maid of honour - Vicky, my best friend* - If able to attend as lives over in Australia ♥
    ♥ Ring barer - My baby boy, Zach
    Bridesmaids - Ceri and Ellie (Tom's sisters), Lisa (my sister - in - law) and my niece Emily, who will almost be 4 on the day ♥

I know that you tend to have either a chief bridesmaid or a maid of honour, but there is no way that I can choose between my two best friends (who also happen to be sisters).

Zach may be walking as he will be 1 and a half on the day, or he may be walking with a walker - so my plan is that if he is walking with a walker, I am going to find a plain one that I can decorate, get a nice cushion and tie a fake pair of rings on to the cushion :) If he isn't walking at all, then I would like my dad (who is giving me away) to carry him down (another unusual thing I know but it's my wedding and I can do what I want :))

We are having a civil wedding at the hotel and so this means that we get to plan our ceremony a little bit :) That will be so much fun :D

Last edited: 12 February 2011
  4. xnickyfitchx

Start Weight:
    17st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    ♥ Pictures ♥

So yesterday, I started buying little bits for the wedding

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. xnickyfitchx

Start Weight:
    17st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    I was talking to Tom about the wedding yesterday and he got to a point where he just switched off and then changed the subject. I told him that it is mainly going to be all I talk about now and he had better get used to it haha :)

6. kerryathome

kerryathome Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(22.28%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    sounds like you're well on track Nicky, well done. You're miles ahead of where I was this time last year planning our wedding.

Keep it up :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.