My Diary - Alison is losing her marbles!!!!!!!!

Thank you BG. It just seemed a bit daft still saying I was about to start!!
My parents both in their eighties and mum still driving (prob the next major issue to tackle with her) Its so hard when this role reversal happens though and you battle with your parents and their need for independence verses their safety and that of others. I thought being a parent and grandparent was hard enough!
Good to know I am not alone with these issues though! You must find it hard being so far away too! Perhaps my four hours drive isnt so bad!

I'm ashamed to say that I leave most of it to my brother to be honest :eek:

Whoops! Had a good nights sleep and managed to oversleep this morning so didnt get around to jumping on the scales! To busy trying to get dressed and sorted before kids arrived to be looked after, not quite the thing to be in my dressing gown when they arrive at nursery!! Weigh in will now be tomorrow (also gives me another 24 hours to try and show a loss after my weekend - please scales be kind to me!!)

Hi Alison - very impressed with the marbles avatar and hopefully we get to see one jar emptying as the other one fills!

Know what you mean about the folks, I am currently trying to get my mum to accept the help that is available. Although still reasonably independant (ie living in her own house), she has Alzheimers's and really does need to take a bit of help now and again. I do find the role reversal difficult too, especially since my youngest is now 16 and hubby and I thought we would be having a break from responsibility!

The good night's sleep is a definite plus (we still burn that fat!) and good luck with the weigh in tomorrow.

I dont think life quite works like that anymore! My youngest had just gone off to uni when my eldest and his partner split up and he moved back home with their little one who had just had her first birthday! We had both of them for most of the next eight years with a time when we just had our granddaughter whilst he moved away to try and sort out his life with a new partner and work etc and I didnt want the little one to move until they were sure they were settled (he was back in 6 months!!) He is now married so they live a couple of hours away with each of them having one child and their youngest child between them! We eventually stopped having people in our home when we were over 50! Have to say I still miss it though!!!! My family said I had an elastic umbilical as both my kids just kept bouncing back!!
Now its time for me though and for concentrating on my weight my health and my future! Sounds selfish I know but as hubby is away from home a lot with his work and I run my own business and have very long hours I feel I deserve some time now! And boy does my body need some time and effort spent on it!
I am usually a bad sleeper so felt really 'hung over' today after sleeping so well, I wish it was a regular thing though it would be great to have a normal sleep pattern!
Enough waffling my last pack is calling me!

Only one pound gone, but it does take me into the next stone bracket. Also lost another 5cms. Dissappointed? yes, surprised? no!!!! I had three meals over the weekend and although tried to be careful I knew I would not be in for a great loss this week! I dont tend to lose fast at the best of times so any loss is good! One more into my vase though! Granddaughters birthday on sat so hope I can get through that then have a clear couple of weeks and still 9 pounds to get of for my feb challenge!!!!!!!!!! Hope all other weighers have done better today!

1lb is good considering the meals...well done , I like your vase idea...I would need a bucket lol.

Hi Linda,
The vase is just for this stage of my journey! Mine started a year, and a few stone, ago. It also dosnt take me to the end of the weight loss just to a weight where I can reassess how much I want as my final goal! I just wanted something visual to help me now. I would have probably needed a wheely bin last year and not visually quite as effective so just have realistic mini targets! Best of luck with yours!

Its a good idea though..2 see what you are losing...think i'll get my bucket out..lol.

Well done, a move in the right direction. And good considering the meals etc. Let's hope for a nice big loss this week then! fingers crossed x

Alison, it is in the right direction and so much better than gaining a pound.

I am waiting till Sunday to weigh in and hopefully it will show some sort of loss. Right now though, I would be content with no gain!

Hopefully your losses will continue to be steady. Good luck in the week ahead.

Hi Alison

Just dropping in to say well done 1lb is good considering the meals lol :)

I managed to get through my grandaughters birthday! We went to a harvester for lunch so I had the self service salad bowl and a chicken breast and drank a large glass of tapwater!! I did have a very minute taste of her birthday cake as she wanted me to try it but it would have fitted on a teaspoon so not gonna stress about that! Everyone else had burger type meals with fries which would not have been my choice, didnt even feel tempted by the fries!! (I am not a burger eater anyway!) There were about 16 of us at her lunch and when I left to drive the 2 hours back home she was getting ready for 4 friends to arrive for a sleepover and pamper night with films, face packs, nail varnish etc! Dont remember doing that when I was 12!!!! Have struggled a bit with the water today as being middle aged and having to drive there and back on my own (hubby at work today) I had to reduce my fluid intake as I have a severe aversion to public loos! Have tried to make up a lot of it since getting home but still not as much as usual! A day at home tomorrow and exciting chores like housework etc to do so should be back on top of things again! Hubby has actually asked why there are new vases and they havent got the same number of stones in..........very observant it has taken a couple of weeks! This is the man who still offers me half the crust off a new loaf when he cuts it even though I havent eaten it for months and months! Worrying I am not sure if its being male, trying to do the right thing or his age... but he is younger than me!!!!

Haha that's funny about the OH. Mines like that too! You did really well with the meal out and made good choices, the tiny taste of b-day cake won't have mattered at all in the grand scheme of things. Keep it up! xx

Well done on the meal out. Great choices! :clap: Re the pebbles, my OH is like that too. I'd tell him that it was some feng shui thing where an imbalance of pebbles absorbs negative energy in the house, or some other baloney, :) and that the balance of the pebbles would start to go the the other way as the negative energy reduced :). Oh, and that he was not to touch them.

At least mine doesn't offer me food. In fact if I have even the slightest thing off plan he says "you're not allowed that" and then I want to hit him ;)

Well done on surviving the birthday party and I am sure you would have been running around so the small piece of birthday cake will be well burned off.

My hubby is supposedly on this diet too, but really, he does not have a clue. Every Friday without fail, he suggests we open a bottle of wine because we are both doing so well. Selective memory of course as I have pointed out on numerous occassions that it a no-no to drink alcohol when on a VLCD.

Hopefully you and I will both see better losses in the week ahead.

I have just realised something I must have started doing recently! I have been sitting watching 'dancing on ice' and 'wild at heart' and suddenly realised that I am sitting on the sofa with my legs crossed just like a 'normal' person does when they sit on a chair! I never used to be able to keep the top leg on as it just slid back off again! Guess my legs are now a bit thinner and can cope with being crossed! When did that happen? I have always envied those people who can sit like this and especially those who seem to be able to then wrap the top leg around again so the foot goes behind the other ankle! One day????
I hope all this makes sense to someone other than me???

I totally get where you are coming from, I have a thing where I noticed when we were at the cinema last week. I fit into the chair properly now, sink right back into it now. I noticed I can sit cross legged there too, and didn't before. I also noticed how my seatbelt is now fully in view, not disappearing into various stomach rolls! The office chairs at work feel better to me, they aren't making as much creaking as I move around on them either! The list is endless, it's great when we notice these things. It's all the little things that count too! xx

Yes, I was uncomfortable crossing my legs before but it's fine now.

On plane seats I can now cross my legs and the table comfortably folds down with room to spare (before it sort of wedged between my folds of flab around my abdomen).

Funny how it's these little things that make us feel normal:)

Back