My Diary - Alison is losing her marbles!!!!!!!!

Hello Alison - we meet again (at least I hope it's you or none of this will make sense!).

I see you have moved over from AAW. I became a bit frustrated myself when I couldn't get bars, so I started to order them from S&S. That, and all the other order problems mean that I will probably buy my other packs from S&S too once my AAW packs are finished.

In addition, you probably have noticed that the AAW blog page is closed now too and I did find the support invaluable, so was disappointed when it was removed. I have tried some of the S&S packs and found them to be fine, in fact the Spag Bol appears very similar to AAW! I have been faffing about a bit and not really focusing 100%. Managed to lose the weight I put on in December, but not much more. Hopefully February will be better.....

Like you, I have treated 2012 as a fresh start and have not included the 4 stones weight loss from last year.

Everyone is so supportive on here and I am still finding my way around using the site. Although I read the posts, I never really contributed as I was happy with the AAW blogging. Unlike you, I haven't even got a diary yet but I think I will have to set one up to keep me in the zone. I am still chasing that elusive 'normal' tag and have set myself a February challenge of 10 lbs to get there - probably a bit optimistic I know!!

Anyway, look forward to hearing how all your weight loss is going - good luck:D

Hi Fran, yes it is me! I moved over for pretty similar reasons, anxious about ordering, feeling we were being kept in the dark, no local consultant + no blog = no support available etc! Looked around at a few including support sites (vital to me) and ended up on here with S&S. Have my first weigh in on Tuesday so will be interesting to see how it goes! I will admit that I have sent in an order for the fruit tea as I really miss that so hope that arrives from AAW, apart from that am happy with the packs with S&S having all the hot meals, choc bars and the crispy choc shake.
I am sure you can do 10lbs in feb, I am hoping for 14!
I do the diary, a bit erratically, but as am often on my own in the eves with hubby away I guess it gives me somewhere to sound off a bit! Will probably do a weight loss one on Tuesday too. Itry to read everyone elses as I get time as it helps me not to feel so isolated on this (very long) weight loss journey!
When are you weighing? Let me know how you get on and I will await you being 'normal' soon (apart from the blogging to strangers hoping that you 'know' them bit!!!) Heres to a good 2012 for us to reach our goals!!

Hi Alison and Frannie, I'm an ex-AAW8 too. Was gutted when I couldn't get the skinny chef meals for AAMW. But it was a good thing cos I learnt to cook more healthily anyway. I'm having a great time on S&S and it's a move that I don't regret. The support here is awesome.
All the best on your journey :)

Hi Maka, you seem to be doing really well! How is life with you out there? Are you managing to surprise your hubby with your losses? He must have noticed a difference at Christmas? Keep it up! Gosh that makes 3 of us on here......any more???????

Hey Alison, I'd just lost 2st at Christmas but I didn't think it really showed. Hubby did say I looked great but I didn't ask if he meant weight-loss or the effort with my hair, nails etc :)
It's only during January that my losses have showed visually. WI's tomorrow and I hope to have shed my 3rd stone.
I'll see me OH in March (child-free week in Egypt...woooohoooo), and I'm sure this time the difference will be huge.

I see you're on 4 a day. When I switched, I decided to do 3 a day and a poached egg(from the snack list). Over the last 3 weeks or so, I've not needed the egg so much though.

Anyway, all the best with S&S x

I am inconsistant! During the week my days are so long that i did have 4 a day plus salad or veg. Yesterday I only had 3 and today it will be 3 plus chicken and veg! It relieves the monotony and hope that works ok! Will find out on Tuesday.
Good luck for tomorrow!

Alison,

My weigh-in day is a Sunday (started on 1st Jan like half the population). I am actually up a little on last week as I had a lovely spa break away. The food and wine were gorgeous so my 10lbs target loss this month is now looking to be nearer 14!

Anyway, good luck to us all over the next few weeks and months.

I am inconsistant! During the week my days are so long that i did have 4 a day plus salad or veg. Yesterday I only had 3 and today it will be 3 plus chicken and veg! It relieves the monotony and hope that works ok! Will find out on Tuesday.
Good luck for tomorrow!

5.4lbs for me at today's WI :D
Good luck for yours tomorrow x

5lbs off this week! Happy with that as I didnt expect a huge loss after coming straight from another plan to this one!
I have bought 2 small glass vases and put 61 small glass pebbles (purple and lilac) into one to represent the pounds i want to lose on this part of my journey - 5 now moved to the empty vase and 56 to go! I could have done with 0.1 of another pound to move me into the next stone bracket but next week will do!
I havent been on here this week as we changed phone and internet providers and they forgot to send out the new modem!! I have come home from a depressing training course today (on domestic violence) to have to move a 6ft wall unit and a large sofa to get at the connectors and set up the modem and the wireless printer as Hubby away again! Back aching now but all done! Will have to catch up over the next couple of days!
Busy week and then off to Sussex at the weekend for my mums birthday! Always difficult for me as she is a typical person who lived through the wartime shortages and so sees cakes and biscuits as natural to give guests with a cup of tea and gets hurt if you say no! Will also have a meal with my sister so hope she is still on WW diet!
Will try to resist but do find it hard not to upset mum when it is just her way of showing pleasure at seeing us! Am taking packs with me so will aim to have those as much as possible!
The following weekend its my eldest granddaughters birthday, but think we are going for a carvery with them in Bristol before she has friends for a sleepover so I should be ok on chicken and veg! She used to live with us when she was small (from 1-8) so we are very close, and she still expects us to be there for her birthday even though she will be 12! Hopefully then I can have a couple of weeks with no temptation!
Have a good week!
Alison

Well done Alison that's fantastic! I love the pebble and vase idea too, visual things like that can really help!
Good luck for the next few days! x

Thanks Laura
I forgot to say I also lost 2cm on my waist, 2cm on my bust and another 8cm from various other measurements!! Every little bit helps!!

Well done fab loss :) I'm off to my moms next week.. Think it will be the hardest part out of the last 6 weeks

What a great idea re the pebbles Alison. Love it :)

Well done Alison, that is a fantastic loss! Those pebbles will be moved over in no time!

Good luck with the possible temptations...the meat and veg should be fine though.

Weekend wasnt too bad although I did eat a couple of meals with family (in Sussex for mums birthday) whilst trying to stay low on the carbs though! I dont expect to have lost this week but straight back on the plan this morning again and had a good day!
Had to speak to my parents about my dad needing a 'lifeline' around his neck as he keeps falling (has been housebound and had a serious heart problem for years but now very wobbly) Mum cannot move him if he falls and I worry that he will do it during the night or on one of the few occasions she still gets out of the house for!
My sister lives near them and is a nurse but could not get them to accept that this was necessary! Hard convo but I think they accepted it in the end, was stressful for me though as I knew I had to get their agreement in the short time i was there as I am 4 hours drive away so unable to help! Even in my fifties I still dont like having to 'front up' to my parents and tell them what i think they should do!
I have actually managed to do an avatar today, pleased with myself! Sorry I dont do pics of myself, bad enough that I have to see what I look like so you get to see my marble/pebble vases instead! Still hoping I can have 14 moved to the vase on the right by the end of feb! Could be pushing my luck now but certainly gonna try!!!

Any idea how I can change the title of my thread for my diary?????

The avatar is great! What a brilliant inventive idea. Love it :).

Glad you managed to get something sorted with your parents. I know how stubborn they can be. My mum (my dad died a few years ago) lives in a small village with something like a couple of buses a day max. She still drives currently but is thinking of giving up when the insurance is next due for renewal as she doesn't really like driving anymore and will be 77 soon. My brother keeps trying to persuade her to move nearer to him (he's half a hour away currently) but she won't have it, yet she will have real difficulty getting out and about when she gives up driving. I'm in Scotland (they're in Kent) so I'm not exactly well placed if something happens either.

If you go to the first post of your diary then click on edit and then advanced you can change the title.

Back