my diary ~ no more CD for me

my tea was a bit of a let down. It was nice but a bit dry. I usually love loads of gravy on or something like that. Is there anything that we can use as a sauce?

I made a toffee and walnut mousse after the food and that was lovely. My first successful mousse yay!

I think I'll have some chicken and mushroom crisps soon. I don't like having my packs late because I don't want to get into a habit of eating late on. I've haad about 5 1/2 litres of water but still really thirsty for some reason. and my belly has been gurgling like mad.

I have constantly had someone lying or leaning on me all the time and i'm so sick of it. they just wont get off aargh!!!

I haven't bothered trying anything on agan for a few days since my weight isnt shifting and I feel all bloated. I feel horrible and really fat today It's like I've never lost any weight at all. I know I've lost 17 lbs but it's not enough to really make much of a difference to my body is it. Another 17 pounds would but I think it's going to take a while to lose that again. certainly more than another 4 weeks

When I joined in the bonfire night challenge I was aiming to have lost a stone but I'm not going to make that. I've only lost 5lbs so 9 left to lose in 3 1/2 weeks. If I lose 3lbs per week I could but at this rate that isn't going to happen. If I lose that 9lbs then that would take my bmi down to about 27 1/2. Only 15lbs less than that I would be bmi 25! breaking it up like that makes it seem so reachable whereas saying i need to lose 24lbs seems a lot more, as does 1 stone 10. But it also seems weird to say I only need to lose 1 stone 10 to not be classed as over weight any more. I'm almost halfway to that 1st goal. ok maybe its not the first goal. Getting below 13 stone was the first goal, then the next one was getting below 13 stone at night with clothes on, then getting below bmi 30, then getting below 12 stone, now my next is to get below 12 stone at night with clothes on. So far its sticking at 12 stone 1. So after that my next goal has to be to lose the 9lbs by bonfire night. what do you think, will I manage it?

work is really getting e down, I'm sick of it. well not sick of the job so much but sick of working with my mother and her boyfriend. I'm being forced to work extra hours and giving lifts every day. If I have to take my mother home before I go home it means I dont have time to make anything to eat before picking the kids up so have to go from about 9 30 till about 5 between packs. This is not good. I wish they'd hurry up and get their new shop opened and leave me to it in that shop. At least I'll be expecting to work full time every day instead of just being forced to do the odd day whether I want to or not. I don't care about the extra money I'm just sick of the emotional blackmail they use on me so I can't say no. I might sound awful but I don't care about how many days off they do or don't get off a week, it's their business not mine. they're paying me minimum wage to do all that crap why should I want to go in and cook and clean for hours for that? They seem to think I should think of it as my busness too but it's not and I cant think of it like that. I work just as hard, if not harder, while I'm there but I'm not getting any of the benefits of it that they are. I'm sick of being left with all the awkward customers or complaints because they can't be bothered with those people, but why should I be the one to have to deal with them? like I say their business not mine. Now I can't even talk to customers about something other than food without being accused of trying to chat them up (male customers anyway). they want to know every detail of my life and keep wanting me to go and spend more time with them after wok adn I just dont want to. My life is my life not theirs and I see too much of them as it is. Sorry I'm just sick and needed to have a rant about work. Oh and I've only had about 2 days off (other than weekends) since January and I'm fed up. They kept saying they couldn't manage without me so couldn't have any time off.

still 11 stone 11 aaaaaaaargh!!!!! thats 6 days with no change. I'm fed up. Is this because I'm eating? I've never come out of ketosis, I've been checking. I feel like a big fat lump and I'm never going to get rid of it.

I went to work feeling really fed up this morning and kept getting complaints that I was too miserable. Then someone came in and I made him his lunch and told him how much it cost and he gave me his money plus a box of chocolates!!! I must have gone bright red I was soooo embarrassed. I hadn't even made conversation with him like I would normally dowhen its not to busy. I was so shocked. It did put a smile on my face for the rest of the day though even though I got endlessly made fun of because of it. They are thrntons chocolates and smell absolutely gorgeous. I dont want to waste them or give them away so I'm going to try and keep them in the fridge and not touch them. The toblerone ones have lasted in there for a couple of weeks at least so i should be able to do the same with these ones. I wish he'd bought me flowers instead though lol.

I really want my tea now. But forgot to take a chicken breast out this morning so its still frozen. I could defrost it in the microwave like I usually would buut it might make it not so good in the steamer. Haven't decided what to go with it yet. wish we could have onions, I love onions. wonder if we're allowed garlic powder I could just eat something really garlicky. I think I'll have some cauliflower and I'll look to see if there are any sprouts in the freezer. I used to have some dont know if they're still there or not. the Kids have made their own tea, one had a weight watchers spag bol, another had ravioli and the other one is waiting till later. I want mine now though!!! wonder if theres any fish and I could leave the chicken til tomorrow. i think I'm going to have to investigate...

Ok I'm bored. Might aswell waffle on some more here. Better than getting bored and eating chocolates. The chocolates are still in the fridge by the way. I'm thinking I should return them to the man who gave me them. If he's thinking it's going to get me to go out on a date with him or something then it's not goin to happen and I wouldn't feel right for accepting them. How ungrateful would that look though? would it be better to accept them and turn him down or to give them back?

The man who is moving away next week is kind of messing with my head I think. I've known him for about a year and all that time he's been trying to talk me into seeing him. Then when I eventually give in and accept there could be something beween us he suddenly has to move to another country! Supposedly for 6 months but could end up beng longer depending on how it goes. So I don't know if he's trying to keep me around for if he comes home in 6 months time or what. I don't think a long distance thing could work, specially when I have 3 kids. Anything could happen in 6 months. I will be slim by then for a start.

I hate being single. I hate being alone so much. I have no kids from tomorrow till monday so that means I'll be alone from the time I leave work tomorrow till he time I get back to work on monday. It's going to be a hard weekend dietwise since those are the times I'm most tempted to eat. specially with it being AAM week and I'm allowed to eat. I might stop eating after tomorrows tea then will be less likely to cheat.

I might go shopping on saturday and get myself some knee high boots to try and get into. got to have something good to aim for right? I've lost half an inch off my calves so far, hopefully wont take much more before I can wear them. Hopefully they will shrink soon too (my legs not the boots) i also need to by some batteries for my scales because i think I've eaten far too much this week.

Hiya Kati, Im bored too!!!!

Im that bored that the update on my diary was boring!!!!

Just a tip for your aam, I missed gravy loads so someone told me to mix a small amount of chicken and mushroom or oriental to warm water to make a gravy like sauce, I now have a soup for one of my packs on an aam and save a bit for the sauce, I really like it, it might be worth a try, good luck on abstaining from your choccies, I was given some too a few weeks ago but I gave them away as I was tempted!!!!

ooh thanks for that tip I will definately try that! I think I'll be ok with the chocolates I'm only tempted when I can smell them, and I have half a chocolate pack left to have later if I really want some chocolate

finally 11 stone 10 today. I should be happy but I'm not. I'm absolutely gutted. I found out this morning that the bloke I was seeing just before I started this diet had 2 other women on the go as well as me. 2!!!!! what does he need 3 of us for??? I had been hoping that we might be able to get back together and he kept telling me he still loved me and crap like that. so now it's over forever, for definate I know I'm not still seeing him now but it still hurts so much. I was supposed to see him this afternoon but now thats not going to happen.

I still love him I feel so betrayed and hurt. I just want to sit and cry but have to go to work in an hour and pretend I'm all happy and chat to people and everything. I don't even have my kids to take my mind off it this weekend so I'm going to sit here and wallow in self pty and that is the kind of time I would usually sf myself till I feel sick then eat some more. I can't tell anyone I was so stupid to be with him while he was carrying on like that.

He says he's hurt that I found out. how the hell can he be hurt he was the one havng all the fun? Sorry he got found out more like it. I know I need to forget him and move on, but right now I need to get over the shock. I'm so disappointed.

Oh sweetie.. i'm so sorry to hear what you have been going through... i'm really starting to wonder are men worth the hassle?????

please try not to sit at home and wallow for the weekend, it will only make you feel worse. have you anything nice you could do for yourself??? even just one small thing?? maybe phone a friend and meet for a coffee or something?? it would take your mind off things for an hour at least. i do know when i am feeling down it is hard to get up and do things but when i do i always feel better.

hope your day gets better honey

take care

Gen xx

Hi Kati
Im sorry too you arent having a great time at the mo been there done that and it hurts BUT dont allow him to bring you down!Whilst you havent got the kids try SSING I have 3 kids too and I adore them but find starting SSing whilst there not around is much easier?
Your a fab mum a fab person who once you start to drop the weight your confidence will ZOOM,cheer-up you never know whats round the corner and I bet theres happiness just waiting for you
XXC

I'm fairly new here but just wanted to post that I have just read your ENTIRE diary in one go and am rivetted! You're an excellent writer, and you made me laugh on more than one occasion.

This weekend, how about going for a swim? You have so much more energy now that the swim will make you feel great, I'm sure...

Looking forward to your next day's postings... oh and forget that t*sser. You're worth far more than that, and I'm sure you'll get it too!

Hiya hun,...leave him be!! Shout and scream at him, get all your anger out on him and then cut ur losses....you deserve so so much better than him...who cares how hurt he is?! Hes the one that made the situation... I know its hard when you find out something nasty about someone you love, but at least you know and now can realise th type of person he is...take care of you!!!

Thanks everyone. I do now know what he's like and I could never trust him again. It's over no question about it. He's answered all my questions about it but why do I feel like thats not enough? He said it just happened. How can that just happen???

I've been having to stop myself crying at work all day, haven't bee able to concentrate. I almost gave a vegetarian mexican chicken instead of cheese, spilled boling water everywhere, and almost missed an accident happening right in front of me while riving home. If they hadn't managed to avoid it I'd have been straight in the back of them. I kept getting wrong for looking miserable too. But I dont have anything worth smiling about.

I did think of going to the gym on my way home just to work out some f the frustration. Had to come home forclothes first and to keep the dog company for a bit first.

Maintainer I'm glad you enjoyed reading my diary, I bet that took a while from the beginning. And wow you've had a great loss well done :)

oh and I've been thinking really irational thought like thinking it was all my friends fault because they wont ever go into town for a nigh out. If they had gone thee with me then he wouldnt have gone off with anyone else.

Oh hun - I'm so sorry that you've had a rotten time of it over the last couple of days!!

Wot a rotter that bloke is! I can imagine how hurt you are but how cool is it that the scales have shifted in the right direction!!?!?!?! THAT's what's important now - ie YOU!

Stuff him - he's a silly boy who didn't know a fantastic thing when he saw it. You could do with a proper grown-up fella who treats you like a princess . There's plenty of them out there - go grab a mate and go down the quayside this weekend. Ok - so you drink water but you can still dance and have a laugh and get chatted up, can't you!?!

Try to get out of the house, hun - even if it's just out window shopping in the metrocentre. Write out your Christmas pressie list. Starting planning your decorations for the cafe??? You'll be in charge of it soon so you'll have a free rein to do what you want. (Don't get me started on 'mums' lol!!)

Things will settle down for you, hun - but once food and booze is removed from your life, you do find that your emotions do tend to surface more often than you would like. Ride it through, honey - you will be fine!

Love

thanks Isobel. I tried getting someone to go out with me but no one will this weekend. I also went to the metrocentre but felt just as miserable and just got more and more questions popping into my head about what has been going on.

no one will be buying me any presents and I've got most of the kids stuff already.

Right bundle of laughs aren't I? :(

my self esteem wasn't too high before but now it's just plummeted to somewhere beneath ground level I think.

I've only had 1 bar today I just don't feel lke having anything at all. I'm afraid that if I start eating something I might not stop.

Hun - I'm sure we all know how miserable you must feel.

I know that when I've been played, all kinds of thoughts go round your head as to what is wrong with you, that he went elsewhere.

A few years ago, I had left my ex-husband after 17 years of marriage (bad marriage for the most part, especially at the end) and I fell headlong in love with a new man. For 5 weeks, it was bliss - then he started to withdraw from me, gradually at first - then more obviously. He said it was because his father was dying and I gave him space - as I thought it was the loving thing to do. He ignored me for 6 weeks - totally. Not one phone call, even though we were supposed to go on holiday together and he lost his flight money. The next thing I know, he's announcing his engagement to another woman at our place of work - he'd even got champagne for everyone and had issued invitations for his announcement.

I was destroyed!!! (even though he broke off the engagement to her a couple of months later). I had been humiliated in front of 100 staff and 2000 kids. Nightmare! I was suicidal tbh, and if it wasn't for my kids, I probably wouldn't be here now.

But then I read a book called "Men who can't love - how to avoid a commitmentphobe before he breaks your heart" by Steven Carter. In it was every man I've ever loved and lost - it made me feel so much better as I then realised that it wasn't me, it was them!

Some men will always want the thrill of forbidden fruit and hang the consequences. I'm sure he is genuinely upset that you found out about the other women - maybe it'll make him think twice about doing it to someone else, maybe he's destined to die alone, a sad and confused old man (here's hoping lol) but our main concern is you!

I know how bad you feel but this is exactly the time when you have to love yourself - even if it feels pointless or that you're not worthy (I've been there, hun). Have the rest of your packs - you will feel worse if you don't get your minerals and vitamins - they will make you feel better, even if you don't have your AAM tonight. Have it tomorrow instead and plan it carefully so you take ages preparing, cooking and eating it.

You are a lovely person. Believe it.

You aren't the first woman to feel betrayed by a man and you certainly won't be the last.

The difference will be in how you handle it - learn from this harsh life experience and move on so that next time you fall for a guy, you hold a little of your heart back, so that IF it doesn't work out, you won't plunge back down into despair.

I know you'll feel lonely this weekend without the kids - but try to turn that around and have some you-time. You know how hard it is to be a single mum when you're feeling depressed - try to enjoy the peace and quiet. Cry if you want to. Slob around in your jim-jams and watch rubbish telly that the kids would moan about. Get a load of mags and read them from cover to cover. Have a beauty night, where you do the whole face-pack, exfoliating, nail painting thing - pamper yourself, hun - you deserve it!

Thinking of you, babes!!

wow hat must have been so awful for you I cant imagine how bad that must have felt.

Maybe I should have a read of that book. I think I always go fir the wrong men. I doubt I'll meet anyone new for a while though, I just don't have the confidence and I rarely get out to meet people.

I must admit though I do usually hold back and dont give my whole heart because I dont know how to open up too well. But he really managed to do that with me, I thought it was all so real for the 17 months we were together and thought I could give everything with it being so long.

I guess I was wrong and theres never enough time to be certain. I think you're right about the forbidden fruit thing and he will always want that

Amazon.co.uk: Men Who Can't Love: How to Recognize a Commitmentphobic Man Before He Breaks Your Heart: Books: Steven Carter,Julia Sokol

It's a brilliant book! I've bought several copies and given them all away to my mates!! Which just shows how many of us do suffer at the hands of feckless men!

He's also written several other books - one of which is "What smart women know". The most memorable line in that one, for me is 'smart women know that crying is for weddings and funerals, not for Saturday nights'. That made a lot of sense to me.

Amazon.co.uk: What Smart Women Know: Books: Steven Carter

I have to be honest and say that I had stopped looking for a relationship when I realised that I was in love with a fantastic man who started off as a friend. I don't think that I would have fallen in love with anyone else who I'd met in a bar or club - I was way too wary. It's a cliche, but you do find love when you least expect it. I was resigned/happy to be on my own, concentrating on my children and joked that I would end up dead in my granny flat, being eaten by Alsatations, like Bridget Jones was worried about! lol. A year later, such a lot has happened and I've got my soulmate.

Lick your wounds, hun - nurture yourself - you're too lovely to be on your own for long but there's no rush. You've got time on your side and next time, make the fella prove himself worthy of your love.

Take care!

Hi Kati,

I think you need time for you, what about spending a little money if you have it, not going mad, a new magazine, a new lippy or even a new hair do. Someting that makes you think of nice things.

I too was in a destructive relationship until I met DH, and I really didnt expect to meet him and certainly wasnt looking.

If no one can go out this weekend, can someone come to you for a girly night or even arrange one for the near future to have someting to look forward to??

Keep posting on here too, there is always someone on here to help x

Dont forget to make your sauce for the chicken too!

Back