My Diary of Losing 3st3lb For My Wedding

poppycat

Hey everyone! i thought i'd start one of these things as a wee aid for helping me lose weight. i'm getting married in 37 weeks and would love to lose 3 stone 3lbs (the heaviest i can be with a "normal weight" bmi) i would like to lose further weight after that but for now this is my goal that i will focus on.

i am a stay at home mum to 2 little boys who are 4 & 20 months old and i have a very hard working fiancee who keeps us all afloat :)

im currently doing slimming world from home so any advice or criticism is welcome :)

i have so far in the past week lost 3lb (not stuck to it 100% so very please with this) so have 45lbs left til my wedding target weight of 10st 12lbs :D

i have already bought my dress (a size 20, im usually an 18 but all wedding dresses you need to buy a size bigger) and i have my first fitting for it mid august. my dream at the moment is to try it on and for it to be too big :cupid: the last fitting is 6 weeks before my big day which is when the alterations will be done so lots of time to lose weight and look amazing.

my weight loss reasons (i shall look back on these at all times to keep me motivated!) are as follows:

1) i want to shock family & friends with my wedding day slimness ;)
2) i want to be able to wear something other than long sleeved black tops and MATERNITY jeans - i wear these because my big tummy doesnt fit in normal sized jeans without buying up a few sizes and i cant bring myself to buy them!
3) i want to be able to wear lovely summer clothes next summer
4) i dont want to feel this heavy, sluggish, tired way anymore - enough is enough!!!!!!
5) i want to be in family photographs and feel proud of the way i look!
6) and most importantly of all...i want to be in control of my eating and in control of my life. i shall eat to live, not live to eat!!!!!

Since i weighed in today at 14st 1lb (3lb loss yay) i wont be weighing in again until next tuesday, and i promise not to stand on the scales til then :p:eek:

tomorrow (an extra easy day) is looking like this:

we're up and out the house for 9.45am as my eldest is going to visit his primary school (starting primary one in august!) and then hes got nursery in the afternoon so lots of walking (body magic!) for me :)

breakfast: weetabix with chopped fruit (melon and banana) (hex b) 350ml of skimmed milk (hex a, used for coffees throughout the day as well as brekkie)
pre nursery run snack: beans and a mugshot (no superfree with this argh!)
lunch: pasta & sauce with salad (1 syn for mayo), ww yogurt
dinner: sw chicken kievs x2 (6 syns) sw paprika chips with a salad (lettuce, spring onions, cucumber, cress)
syns: 6 for kievs, 6 for curly wurly
body magic: around 1 hour of walking, moderate (heavy buggy too!)

Last edited:
Just wanted to wish you the best of luck!
You will look fantastic in your wedding dress! And be a princess for the day!

Hey poppycat - best of luck, I shall follow your progress and cheer you on! I'm so similar with clothes, I hate going up a size so will wear any old thing as long as the label tells me what I want to hear, doesn't matter what it looks like or if it was last in fashion circa 1992! A wedding dress is a fantastic incentive, can't wait to see those pics :D

Not updated this in a few days as I've been naughty :D ;) So far today....

Green day!

B: 35g of fruit & fibre (hex b) 250ml of semi skimmed milk (hex a) grapes & a pear. Coffee & sweetener.

L: slice of SW quiche, a toastie (hex b for x2 small warburtons wholemeal bread) half of my 45g of reduced fat cheddar (hex a) and quorn ham. Cucumber, cress, sweetcorn & spring onions. Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries & currents topped with a ww yogurt

D: SW pasta bolognese

Syns: ripple (9)

Attachments

• image-2311296259.jpg
    image-2311296259.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 30
  • image-3081415122.jpg
    image-3081415122.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 39
  • image-3818596503.jpg
    image-3818596503.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 31
  • image-187289706.jpg
    image-187289706.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
You definitely have a great reason to keep you motivated............Best of luck
I do SW from home too as I'm a stay at home mum of 2............Been at it for 15 weeks now so stick with it and just keep imagining that dress and the looks on everyone's face on your big day

Back