My Diary.... on the road to fabulous at 40.

Can't believe i am doing the running club 5k today, the last 10 weeks have gone so fast. I have not been allowed to run since last wednesday as coach said we had to rest. The plan is to run the whole thing, i am hoping that i don't get a stitch as thats the thing thats been stopping me.

Thanks, I'm on my way now. I'm nervous!! Don't know why as it's not an official race, just our coach timing us.

Just popping in to Debenhams first to try on a couple of dresses!

Still no dress!

Did the 5k in 37:02, a bit disappointed as I know I can do it faster than that. I was doing ok until I got to 1.85k and then a stitch kicked in, I had to jog/walk after that.

It was lovely as coach gave us all a certificate and a medal. I will miss my Monday running club but coach did say that he is going to arrange a regular Tuesday 5k run for us to do. I like my group and I want to keep running with them.

Good luck with your weigh in hun. xxx

Thanks!

1 pound off this week. Need to stay on track this week. Got OH work party on Saturday but that's just one night out, no need for it to ruin the week.
Running tomorrow, Park run on Saturday morning and then running Monday morning. I have also started doing muscle and yoga exercises on the Wii fit on the days I don't run.

Well done on your loss hun, sounds like you have lots of exercise planned for your week :) xxx

Thanks! 1 pound off this week. Need to stay on track this week. Got OH work party on Saturday but that's just one night out, no need for it to ruin the week. Running tomorrow, Park run on Saturday morning and then running Monday morning. I have also started doing muscle and yoga exercises on the Wii fit on the days I don't run.

Well done on your loss & the 5k run. Stitch may suggest you hadn't drunk enough that's when I find I get it. And my advice is don't let Saturday extend I had 2 days off at the weekend & gained nearly 5lbs which is likely to take me 2 weeks to shift (I've still got 2.2lb showing) but enjoy your night! Try tk Maxx I got a lovely dress in there (excuse the socks!)

Attachments

• image-3874236808.jpg
    image-3874236808.jpg
    355.3 KB · Views: 53
  • image-1031768801.jpg
    image-1031768801.jpg
    385.3 KB · Views: 52
Thanks Lexie, Thats a lovely dress and so flattering on you.

I had been to TK Maxx and i have got a just in case dress from there but it is a little snug and you can see my underwear underneath it as its duchess satin.... it would mean going commando!

M&S have sent me some 20% off clothing vouchers and i have seen a couple of nice dresses from their petite range. I am going to order them online and collect them from their Marble Arch store on Friday. I know i'm leaving it late but I haven't got the time. If they don't fit then at least i am in Oxford Street and i should find something else.

A bit cross this morning, a broken down train meant i got into work an hour late which meant no run this morning. It means i'll have to go tomorrow instead. Its very chilly out so maybe its a blessing in disguise.

Ohhhhh lexie i love the dress, I love tkmax :)

Hope the dresses you get fit hun, but if not being on oxford street you are in the right place for shopping ( I am v jealous, love shopping in London ) sorry your train was late and you couldn't go for your run.

xxxx

Don't be jealous! Oxford street will be heaving on Friday, full of people Christmas shopping. Will be crazy! I'm only going as OH is currently working on Regent Street and I am meeting him from work on Friday.

The weekend was a write off food wise, I also drank far too much alcohol at OH's work party.

Class tonight, not expecting a loss. I will be very lucky if I STS, I think I will probably gain a small amount.

Went out for a run this morning, I haven't been out since last week. I have found it really difficult lately. I decided to do a shorter route today which worked really well. I did 2.5k in total, about 250metre walk to warm up and then I jogged the rest. I was really pleased as I didn't get a stitch. I think I will do the same route on Thursday but try and extend it to 3k. I plan on doing Parkrun this week, I didn't last week as I couldn't get out of bed but I really need to stay on track with my running so will make sure I get out this weekend.

So glad i was able to have a loss this week. I know next week will be totally different.

Class is on Monday instead of Tuesday next week and the week after. I am out today for a champagne afternoon tea for my friends 40th and then drinks after, i have got christmas lunch tomorrow, drinks after work on Friday and my same friends 40th birthday party saturday night....... I think i might drive on Friday so that i won't drink, stick to vodka on saturday night and then make sure i am 100% sunday and monday. I might even scrape a STS!

Back