My diary to slimdom!

Subscribing! Great diary, u did so well last time, photos are gorgeous! Good luck this time x

Sent from my HTC One SV using MiniMins.com mobile app

Woop woop another day down hun u go girl hehe...the slim rice is tht nyc? Im in mixed minds abt it lol wher did u get it frm? Was contemplatin on noodlesv xx

It stinks of fish when u first open it but if you rinse it loads and then mix if with one of your packs it really bulks it out n fills u up... For 14cals and no carbs it's a godsend! From holland and barrettes, £2.49 but with the penny sale at the moment u get another for 1p x

I'm not happy about the fact that my scales have just said 14 stone 2 :-/. Maybe due to it being the end of the day with numerous pints of water in me! I'm seriously contemplating going to 3 packs per day and a multivitamin. And... If your about to say u need 4 blah blah save your time and don't :) x x

Each food pack provides 25% RDA of essential vitamins & minerals, you will therefore need to ensure you either have a varied selection of vegetables in your low carb meal or take a multi-vitamin and mineral to get the remaining 25%.

Taken off the website!

Well I'm going to say it anyway whether you want to or not to be honest but I'm not going to go on about it, just get to the point and done. I'm just going to say that it's really not safe and will likely have bad consequences. I've known a couple of people do it and it's caused awful consequences like losing hair etc. It's really not worth it and I can guarantee that it will make zero difference in your losses. Going from 600 calories to 450 calories a day not only isn't safe, it's dangerous and the difference when you're that low won't help you lose more. It's not worth the risk.

Don't worry about the scales, let them catch up because they will. Weighing at the end of the day is pointless, it's too unreliable. There are so many things that affect what they say, the amount of water you've drunk is one of them. This is the problem with weighing not only daily but at different times.

Each food pack provides 25% RDA of essential vitamins & minerals, you will therefore need to ensure you either have a varied selection of vegetables in your low carb meal or take a multi-vitamin and mineral to get the remaining 25%.

Taken off the website!

This is WITH a low carb meal, not just for 3 packs by themselves.

Having 3 packs instead of 4 won't make slightest bit if difference in your weight loss other than putting your health at risk.
Not that you'd care what we think anyway but we are just trying to look out for you.
:)

M x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

In comparison the Cambridge diet you have 3 packs consuming 450 cals in total, the difference being the vitamins etc make up 100%

I didn't die

As clearly stated in the extract I've just copied a multivitamin will make up the extra 25%

Just a thought :)

slim save banana shake

Calories 138
Total Fat 3 g
Total Carbs 14 g
Protein 14 g

Cambridge banana shake

Kcal 131
Protein 11.3g
Carbohydrates 13.4g
Fat 3g

Strange how there isn't much different, just got me thinking!

I may have 3 packs, a multivitamin and a pack of turkey chunks for more protein. Will see how the weight loss goes over the next 2 weeks x

Well what you do is up to you but I am a qualified nutritionist and think it's a bad idea. If you want those calories, do Cambridge that's designed for that. Otherwise stick to the plan properly so you don't risk making yourself ill. Off you do the extra protein in turkey then that's not too bad, it's one of the options with their plans and will keep you OK. If you do it and wait to see bad effects to then change you'll have already done a certain amount of damage.

Hi hun,
As you may have read on my diary or my posts on others, I am a firm believer that scales contain mean little devils that like to play with the numbers!! I have to do my weigh in twice as the first time it just chucks a random number out at me! Then the second time is correct. I have another set (obsessive much! Lol) which are always 2lbs out and I use these as a back to confirm my original weigh in. Confusing? Yes! Ha ha. Basically scales are evil. ;)

On the 3 packs thing if you're taking a multivitamin then you 'should' in theory, be ok. Cambridge might have a different quantity of minerals and vitamins which is why 3 packs on their plan is ok and equates to 100% of RDA.
So if you're gonna do it that way - SnS x3 + multivit, maybe take a multivitamin that doesn't contain vitamin A as 'overdosing' (so to speak!) on that can be harmful. I think the other vitamins and minerals are ok. But I am not a nutritionist by any means. I think pregnancy multivitamins don't contain vitamin A? Just a thought. Hmmm.

There must be something different in the packs as my reactions to each diet when following 100% have been different.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do, and ensure your health comes first. If you start feeling squiffy, lose hair, grow an extra head then get back to the 4th pack/protein meal sharp! ;) Xx

Helloooooo!
My story..... Well, getting married in may. 3rd day on sns and hoping to lose 4 stone but I know if I'm 100% I will lose more in 5 months! But would love to be 12st and size 12/14 for my big day. I'm tall ish at 5"8 and I get away with being bigger so I don't really feel the need to be any less (she says now!) Any loss would be great! Been big for yeeeeeaaarrrrsssss. Did sns in Oct and lasted 3 days :( so enough is enough. Doing lifestyle, 3 packs and low carb meal with my multivitamin :)
How did it feel losing it all last time?!! Xx

Hi hun,
As you may have read on my diary or my posts on others, I am a firm believer that scales contain mean little devils that like to play with the numbers!! I have to do my weigh in twice as the first time it just chucks a random number out at me! Then the second time is correct. I have another set (obsessive much! Lol) which are always 2lbs out and I use these as a back to confirm my original weigh in. Confusing? Yes! Ha ha. Basically scales are evil. ;)

On the 3 packs thing if you're taking a multivitamin then you 'should' in theory, be ok. Cambridge might have a different quantity of minerals and vitamins which is why 3 packs on their plan is ok and equates to 100% of RDA.
So if you're gonna do it that way - SnS x3 + multivit, maybe take a multivitamin that doesn't contain vitamin A as 'overdosing' (so to speak!) on that can be harmful. I think the other vitamins and minerals are ok. But I am not a nutritionist by any means. I think pregnancy multivitamins don't contain vitamin A? Just a thought. Hmmm.

There must be something different in the packs as my reactions to each diet when following 100% have been different.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do, and ensure your health comes first. If you start feeling squiffy, lose hair, grow an extra head then get back to the 4th pack/protein meal sharp! ;) Xx

Yup scales are definately evil that's for sure! Yes I know about the vitimin a things and was thinking pregnancy ones myself... I struggle to just have 4 packs so 3 would be torture but I was just mentioning it in MY diary as a thought... Like you do in diaries :) lol.

Obviously if I chose to trial it, as fully grown adult I may add, I will stop immediately if I get any 'symptoms'

Your reply was great fully appreciated and thanks for not shouting at me :) x x

I wasn't meaning mine as shouting. I just have seen first hand how bad the results can be and really would hate to see anything negative happen to you. The scales are bloody frustrating but it will be working, just stick with it. This is why I try to stick with a weekly weigh in otherwise it's too easy to let it get me down.

Well what you do is up to you but I am a qualified nutritionist and think it's a bad idea. If you want those calories, do Cambridge that's designed for that. Otherwise stick to the plan properly so you don't risk making yourself ill. Off you do the extra protein in turkey then that's not too bad, it's one of the options with their plans and will keep you OK. If you do it and wait to see bad effects to then change you'll have already done a certain amount of damage.

A nutritionalist on a vlcd? And why is it you need to lose weight? Just an observation :) x x

Helloooooo!
My story..... Well, getting married in may. 3rd day on sns and hoping to lose 4 stone but I know if I'm 100% I will lose more in 5 months! But would love to be 12st and size 12/14 for my big day. I'm tall ish at 5"8 and I get away with being bigger so I don't really feel the need to be any less (she says now!) Any loss would be great! Been big for yeeeeeaaarrrrsssss. Did sns in Oct and lasted 3 days :( so enough is enough. Doing lifestyle, 3 packs and low carb meal with my multivitamin :)
How did it feel losing it all last time?!! Xx

Ooh congratulations on the wedding :) you will lose the weight and look more beautiful on your big day. I also want to lose 4 stone but at the rate I'm losing it it will take me 4 years :)

I felt amazing last time, so much more confident and wouldn't make excuses when friends invited me to go out or get changed 20 times feeling self conscious! It did take a while to recognise that I was infact slim because my mind was stuck in 'fat mode' but I loved being able to wear what I wanted and buy clothes I couldn't before x

Back