My diary to slimdom!

A nutritionalist on a vlcd? And why is it you need to lose weight? Just an observation :) x x

What's that supposed to mean? There's not really any need to have a dig all because I expressed a concern about what you were talking about doing.

What's that supposed to mean? There's not really any need to have a dig all because I expressed a concern about what you were talking about doing.

Dig for a dig :)

Sorry didn't mean any harm in it, I just say things before thinking... You are correct in what you said I was just debating it against Cambridge as a mere observation x

I didn't have a dig at you though. I said what I said out of genuine concern as I've seen what doing what you suggested can do.

Wow. That's a bit harsh may I say. You don't know Caz's story so I think it's unfair to pass such judgements. We are all human beings and if your 'theory' made any sense whatsoever all doctors would be perfectly healthy, priests would never sin and hairdressers would have immaculate hair 24/7. So, to say that a nutritionist can't be overweight is frankly ridiculous. Also may I add ( as I study nutrition part time as well ) vlcd's are wildly recognised weight loss programs frequently used by qualified nutritionists on their patients/ clients.
Caz ( and myself ) were only trying to give you some feedback and advice. This is what this forum is about. There is no need to get defensive or feel the need justify your choices. Like you said you're a grown woman and you will do what feels right for you.
It doesn't harm to hear what others have to say or have experienced themselves though.
Good luck with whatever you decide to do :)

M x

LOL!

I'm having a really bad day, and this is making me chuckle! Sorry! :p

It stinks of fish when u first open it but if you rinse it loads and then mix if with one of your packs it really bulks it out n fills u up... For 14cals and no carbs it's a godsend! From holland and barrettes, £2.49 but with the penny sale at the moment u get another for 1p x[/QUOTE

So its js called slim rice rite.? No other name? Im gna try n see if can find our nearest holland n b coz cudnt find it other day at all yh cud do with bulkin packs lol xx

Well this morning I weigh 13 stone 13... 3/4 of a pound in 3 days!!!

I bought some ketostix from the chemist this morning, I don't know if im imagining it but the chemist was funny with me buying them, first she asked what I was buying them for so I said 'to see if I'm in ketosis' then she asked if they were for me and asked what my condition was and I said 'I'm on a low carb diet- no medical condition' she carried on with saying they are ment for diabetics etc so I said 'well, do I need a prescription 4 them' to which she obviously answered no to which I said 'well I'll have some then', giving a rather puzzled look!

Anyway after that weird experience I got home to discover.... Wait for it..... That I am NOT in ketosis what so ever!!! The only thing I can put it down to is having 2 bars? Or the skimmed milk? Or me just being a rather strange person who requires less carbs than most :-/

No wonder my weight isn't dropping off, last time I was ALWAYS in ketosis from day 4/5

So my plan of action is this:-

Black coffees
No coke zero!
No bars!
A shake at 12pm
A shake at 3.30pm
A 'meal' pack with 100g slim rice at 6pm
A shake at 9pm

8 pints of water (not sure what that converts to in litres)

I will trial it for a week and if I am still not in ketosis and my weight loss is next to nothing then I'm really going to have to consider my options

:-( not a happy bunny!

Well this morning I weigh 13 stone 13... 3/4 of a pound in 3 days!!! I bought some ketostix from the chemist this morning, I don't know if im imagining it but the chemist was funny with me buying them, first she asked what I was buying them for so I said 'to see if I'm in ketosis' then she asked if they were for me and asked what my condition was and I said 'I'm on a low carb diet- no medical condition' she carried on with saying they are ment for diabetics etc so I said 'well, do I need a prescription 4 them' to which she obviously answered no to which I said 'well I'll have some then', giving a rather puzzled look! Anyway after that weird experience I got home to discover.... Wait for it..... That I am NOT in ketosis what so ever!!! The only thing I can put it down to is having 2 bars? Or the skimmed milk? Or me just being a rather strange person who requires less carbs than most :-/ No wonder my weight isn't dropping off, last time I was ALWAYS in ketosis from day 4/5 So my plan of action is this:- Black coffees No coke zero! No bars! A shake at 12pm A shake at 3.30pm A 'meal' pack with 100g slim rice at 6pm A shake at 9pm 8 pints of water (not sure what that converts to in litres) I will trial it for a week and if I am still not in ketosis and my weight loss is next to nothing then I'm really going to have to consider my options :-( not a happy bunny!

Serious? Ur nt in keto? Uv got me worried now lool too...um hw much r keto stix in chemist or wherever u gt them frm?...i stil do have the funi taste in me mouth bt dno nw gt me second guessin meself nw...espec with the amount of water iv been blumin drinkin....i lost tht much tooo 3 lb for the whole week n tryin very hard to keep goin lol n stayin positive too n gna grt sum ducolax to see if it helps me to move in bathroom etc....x

And... Putting into consideration that the 5 pounds is going off my MORNING weight and the start weight was the evening, which last night was 4 pounds up from this morning

Grrrr

Oh if its changed tht much u think it cud b ur scales? :s...i got me sister to weigh hersen too and i stoood on it a fair few times prayin the duco will help lol n think nx lifestyle day will be umm sumat light like umm cauli cheesy veg bake or omlette with veg n swede chips witb dollop of yogurt to keep things light n simple...x

Serious? Ur nt in keto? Uv got me worried now lool too...um hw much r keto stix in chemist or wherever u gt them frm?...i stil do have the funi taste in me mouth bt dno nw gt me second guessin meself nw...espec with the amount of water iv been blumin drinkin....i lost tht much tooo 3 lb for the whole week n tryin very hard to keep goin lol n stayin positive too n gna grt sum ducolax to see if it helps me to move in bathroom etc....x

I paid just over £5 for 50... I have still been 'going to the toilet' daily so that isn't an contributing factor for me.

It is hard to stay positive isn't it :) especially seeing as my loss is only Probebly 1 pound due to the evening morning weight differences.

I have decided to make tomorrow like I an starting again by the plan of action I have just said.

Have you stuck to plan etc??

Oh if its changed tht much u think it cud b ur scales? :s...i got me sister to weigh hersen too and i stoood on it a fair few times prayin the duco will help lol n think nx lifestyle day will be umm sumat light like umm cauli cheesy veg bake or omlette with veg n swede chips witb dollop of yogurt to keep things light n simple...x

They are brand new, not cheap, scales which tally with the doctors :'-(

I paid just over £5 for 50... I have still been 'going to the toilet' daily so that isn't an contributing factor for me. It is hard to stay positive isn't it :) especially seeing as my loss is only Probebly 1 pound due to the evening morning weight differences. I have decided to make tomorrow like I an starting again by the plan of action I have just said. Have you stuck to plan etc??

Bluddy hell wtf...??? Llol n there i were thinkin they were gna b a quid or two...pshtt lol hmm mite giv ttht a miss then lol as dnt av spare funds going round haha...it is hard to stay positive bt we can do this hun :) i know we can :)...bt espc me wen iv been four packs strictly daily n nt cheated once except ttht tiny popcorn chicken wehn others have cheated lots. N still lost lol...n yday was first tjem did lifestyle n was reli strict abt tht measuured it precisly no cheatin with the veg either ....:( lol x

One thing if say about keto sticks is that just because they don't show pink doesn't mean you're not in ketosis. They're not always the only indication. The colour you see on them is often just a sign how hydrated you are or not. The bottom line is if you kept your carbs under 90g per day you WILL be in ketosis. Impossible not to! My ketostix hardly ever show pink and I'm still losing.
As for the pharmacy lady. Well. That's why I buy mine online ;)
Have a good day!

M x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

One thing if say about keto sticks is that just because they don't show pink doesn't mean you're not in ketosis. They're not always the only indication. The colour you see on them is often just a sign how hydrated you are or not. The bottom line is if you kept your carbs under 90g per day you WILL be in ketosis. Impossible not to! My ketostix hardly ever show pink and I'm still losing.
As for the pharmacy lady. Well. That's why I buy mine online ;)
Have a good day!

M x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Ah that may explain about the ketostix with it being the morning so won't be very well hydrated.

Oh are all chemist people funny about people buying ketostix? I wonder why that is :-/ can hardly overdose on them lol x

Hw do u store the other half of slimmrice or noodles tht u dnt use hun? :s finally bort sum frm h n b n wna try them out tdai lol x

Hw do u store the other half of slimmrice or noodles tht u dnt use hun? :s finally bort sum frm h n b n wna try them out tdai lol x

I are them all :) for 14 cals i thought why not, but I'd put them in a bowl of water in the fridge with a bit of salt if not and eat within 24 hours x x

Triied half of it tdai umm very fillin cudnt finish it lol bt its very umm spring like lol felt bit weird wen swallowing it lol prbz nt buy it agaim he noddles nehuu bt the rice i have nt tried tht as yet so mite try the rice bt thts for anther day :) lol xx

thnx hunz x

Back