My Diary...

Becca, well done! youll be at goal in no time!

day 30 - feeling crap again today. sometimes i just feel sorry for myself for not being at the dinner table when the rest of the fam eat, not wanting to do anything, thinking about food. today i was thinking if i can stick this diet out for any longer? i love the diet, and love that food is out of the equation, but its mentally draining. getting to the end of a day with no cheats some days is like running a marathon. however, i have to keep reminding myself that this is only a SHORT TERM problem and soon i will be at the dinner table and hopefully making wise decisions. on a plus, wennt out last night where there was LOADS of food but had none. whooppeee. i must stop giving myself a hard time and telling myself i am useless. on the main forum someone had lost 4lbs and was complaining about not losing enought! i was shocked as i would love to lose 4lb but then had to remind myself that everyone has a different journey and some have more to lose than others. i wish i could lose more than 2lbs but am SO grateful to be losing at all. dont forget - i have a proper meal every sat so i should not be complaining but it does sometimes feel like i will be here forever. going down in 2lb increments sounds slow but hopefully i will get there in the end.

must keep going through the positives:
am at day 30!!!
have lost 15lbs so far!!!
have been eating once a week and still losing!!!!
apart from planned meals have been around food and not deviated!!!!
am looking miles better than before!!!

wish me luck for the rest of this week....

Good luck, you can do it. I think these wobbles are just something we have to get used to, I don't think they go away on this diet. I struggle every day too, I have to constantly remind myself why I am doing this and tell myself not to listen to all the little excuses that are popping into my head.

thanks becca, for your support, it really helps.

day 31 - am having a terrible day. headache, nausea, stomache cramps. have had a shake today and a bit of water but am gonna have to have a cuppa tea soon and a protein meal at night of chicken and salad. just feeling really unwell so will still try and stick with cd but have a cuppa tea and a no carb meal. i can sense my body is not too well today, and need a break. hopefully will be back 100% ss tomorrow.....

oh and had some cottage cheese and cucumber last night as was feeling headachey. not lost anything so far but onwards i say.....

You poor thing, I say definately go for the meal. Maybe have some milk in your tea to help settle your stomach.

day 31 - confession time! had a cuppa, one biccie, chicken and small veg for supper and another biccie. and NO water.... am writing this post so i feel ashamed and be able to draw a line under today and start fresh tomorrow. i think its too late for me to lose anything this week.

surprisingly i dont feel bad. this is week 5 and my first mid week unplanned blip. also, wk 5 feels odd. like i have been on cd for ages, but also not long enough - crazy huh? anyway, wanted to post so i cannot hide from y blip and face facts that i still need to lose and cannot afford blips. also, although being ill is no excuse, cd is much harder when you are feeling poorly.....onwards, pls wish me luck for tomorrow!

Good luck, and forget about it. You were ill and really it was only the biscuits that make it not SS+, really not that bad at all. Seriously could have been much worse.

Keep going.

day 33 - well, had another ss+ day yesterday. have not had much water at all this week, but was shocked when i weighed myself and it looks like i might lose 1lbs this week. this does not seem much but believe me i have not been on plan this week so this is a good surprise. had 2 shakes today so far (v little water as have been in and out) but not hungry in the slightest. weigh in is on sat so fingers crossed i will sts or even better lose a few lbs! feeling a lot better physically and mentally, its been nice eating some chicken and i really do think i will be doing a lot more ss+. am also proud of myself because i have not succumbed to bad food. despite feeling ill and having the odd biccie i have stopped myself going any further and i hope this is something i can use when i am maintaining.

also, another positive is that i am looking thinner and my face looks good. i am sure i have lost more inches than pounds!

Hello, it sounds as though ss+ is for you, just think of it as going through all this fro 2 pounds a month which is in essence what you do when doing sole source, I don't intend to stay on it that long, just wanted to establish the loss and then ss+ all the way.

Good to hear you are seeing the difference in yourself, that is really the point. Who cares what the scales say, it is what the inches say that counts. Good luck for weigh in.

Oh and I really like reading your diary, very honest.

day 36 - oh dear. confession time i have had a food filled 2 days but back on cd today. we are selling our home and it is SO stressful and was feeling so ill this week that had a pizza on fri and then non CD day on sat too. but back on water and shakes today. have a 4lbs gain so need to lose this and another couple of pounds this week. sometimes feel like i have just had a really bad week, and other times i feel so down with myself. however, i have one stone to go and feel no shame is saying i am struggling. i am putting this week down to being silly and want to have a good week 6. full of doubt but have no option but to stay on cd. to be honest, am feeling a bit down, but refuse to have another day of scoffing. just going to keep busy so pls wish me luck. watched paul mkenna today and have been visualising myself thin!!!!!! help..............

becca - do you have any words of wisdom for me? i am fine doing CD if my life static but the moment the status quo changes for me on the personal front i struggle with cd.....

day 36 - oh dear. confession time i have had a food filled 2 days but back on cd today. we are selling our home and it is SO stressful and was feeling so ill this week that had a pizza on fri and then non CD day on sat too. but back on water and shakes today. have a 4lbs gain so need to lose this and another couple of pounds this week. sometimes feel like i have just had a really bad week, and other times i feel so down with myself. however, i have one stone to go and feel no shame is saying i am struggling. i am putting this week down to being silly and want to have a good week 6. full of doubt but have no option but to stay on cd. to be honest, am feeling a bit down, but refuse to have another day of scoffing. just going to keep busy so pls wish me luck. watched paul mkenna today and have been visualising myself thin!!!!!! help..............

becca - do you have any words of wisdom for me? i am fine doing CD if my life static but the moment the status quo changes for me on the personal front i struggle with cd.....

Hello,

Well firsty there certainly is no shame in struggling, I have had three days now of serious struggle to and I am only on week two (well three tomorrow). With only a stone to go :happy096: and the massive stress that is selling your house and moving, perhaps it is time to move up the plans a bit, I believe that the average loss on 810 is still 10-12 pounds and you can start introducing some excercise (if you have the time) I see no point in suffering, you have done amazingly well to get so close to goal and you should be very proud of yourself. You may find the move up could give your metabolism a boost too and also your losses. Here is to a brilliant and stress free week 6. :party0038:

becca - hugs and thanks! you have become my saviour.... i even chec my own diary for your posts. you are officially my cd guru!

day 36 went well, was 100% ss and woke up today having lost 3lbs of the 4 i gained so am glad about that.

day 37 - mon morning. gone ok so far, some water and one shake down and about to have another. have got hunger pangs quite bad though and thats because of the bad weekend i had. hopefully will make it through to bed time and day 38..... trying to be more upbeat about it all. have realised that if i leave too long between cd meals i end up eating to am trying to have them spaced well so i am not hungry. nothing like a gross hot choc shake to kill your appetite for a few hours!!!!!

becca - hugs and thanks! you have become my saviour.... i even chec my own diary for your posts. you are officially my cd guru!

day 36 went well, was 100% ss and woke up today having lost 3lbs of the 4 i gained so am glad about that.

day 37 - mon morning. gone ok so far, some water and one shake down and about to have another. have got hunger pangs quite bad though and thats because of the bad weekend i had. hopefully will make it through to bed time and day 38..... trying to be more upbeat about it all. have realised that if i leave too long between cd meals i end up eating to am trying to have them spaced well so i am not hungry. nothing like a gross hot choc shake to kill your appetite for a few hours!!!!!

Thank you, I really enjoy your diary, it is nice to have someone be so honest about the ups and downs, I write my own in a book each day but don't think I could put it on here. Well done on the loss, that is brilliant and certainly gives you more motivation to keep going. I always find the same, I am only hungry because I have waited too long between meals. I don't have my first one till lunch time though as I have never eaten breakfast. I then have two for the evening which is my hardest time. My poor boyfriend has a list of questions to ask me whenever I feel really desperate for something to eat, the first of which is have you had all your packs. I can pretty much never answer yes to that when I am having a bad time.

So what are your plans for moving up? Are you going to ss til goal and then make your way up?

day 38 - becca, i did ss+ last night and had some cottage cheese. so i think ss+ is the way forward for me, but i do find that if I do ss 100% the day after a meal I tend to lose all the excess pounds. last week was thinking of doig 810 so will look to do that when i lose the next half stone. when i say i have a stone to go, its not my final goal, but it will take me to around 11stone which is where i feel good. any lower than that and i will be pleased, but want to stay at 11 stones as this is mantainable for me.

Shanny, thanks for reading!

today i have had some water and am pleased to report that i have actually lost all the weight i gained from my bad 2 days off. so i am back to square one and should lose this week. i know my weight loss is slower by having planned breaks, but at least i am at week 6 and enjoy being in control of food. hopefully i can have a good day today! not feeling hunger pangs any more which is good and not hungry, would be nice to lose 2-3lbs this week but lets see what happens....

i really rate people who do this without any food whatsoever! but there never seems to be any mention of people who do it like me - with planned regular breaks. i know its not the recommended way but surely there must be people who do have breaks and i would love to share notes with them and see how they get on. on the main forum there doesnt seem to be anyone taking the slow and steady route... is anyone reading this doing CD like me?????

day 38 - becca, i did ss+ last night and had some cottage cheese. so i think ss+ is the way forward for me, but i do find that if I do ss 100% the day after a meal I tend to lose all the excess pounds. last week was thinking of doig 810 so will look to do that when i lose the next half stone. when i say i have a stone to go, its not my final goal, but it will take me to around 11stone which is where i feel good. any lower than that and i will be pleased, but want to stay at 11 stones as this is mantainable for me.

Shanny, thanks for reading!

today i have had some water and am pleased to report that i have actually lost all the weight i gained from my bad 2 days off. so i am back to square one and should lose this week. i know my weight loss is slower by having planned breaks, but at least i am at week 6 and enjoy being in control of food. hopefully i can have a good day today! not feeling hunger pangs any more which is good and not hungry, would be nice to lose 2-3lbs this week but lets see what happens....

i really rate people who do this without any food whatsoever! but there never seems to be any mention of people who do it like me - with planned regular breaks. i know its not the recommended way but surely there must be people who do have breaks and i would love to share notes with them and see how they get on. on the main forum there doesnt seem to be anyone taking the slow and steady route... is anyone reading this doing CD like me?????

Hello,

i think if you are happy with the way you do it then carry on, if you were not happy with your losses then it might be a problem but I think you hit the nail on the head when you said you are enjoying controlling your food intake, I think that that is what this diet is all about, yes it gives us quicker losses than most diets but it also teaches us control. The slow and steady road is just as valid as the soon as bl**dy possible road that I am taking. I have my goal at 8 stone because last time I did this I got down to 9:13 but I was still quite flabby. Having said that I will definately see how I feel when I get a bit closer. Maybe stick a post in the main forum and see what responses you get. I am sure there are people that do it your way or similar, I think that almost everybody has a little thing they do that means it is not strictly 100%. I read of someone yesterday who has mayo everyday, things like that.

becca thankyou! you are, as always the voice of reason. today has been o except i have nibbled on a few bites of garlic bread. oh dear! but am glugging and cannot keep punishing myself. so onwards for me!

I am seriously thinking of doing my own version of 810 where i have my CD meals and then have something non CD - maybe a slice of granary seeded toast and a cuppa. however, not gonna try this till i gte nearer my goal as then i should be in a better place and be looking to maintain. going to go and check on the main forum now and see whats happening there. my happy thought for today is that my baby is 6months old and i am back to my pre-preg weight so if i do go bac to work in Aug at least i will look back to normal - hell i may even look better! hurrah...... its so nice doing CD when i feel good....

Hi hun thanx for message it's so hard isn't it but at the moment CD is working and also thinking about doing my own lil thingy too lol.! xx

shanny - do you think if i had my cd meals and then a slice f granary toast with some fruit once a day this would work? I know i would not be in ketosis but the cals would still be low? I am not a bg meat eater so need to change tactics a bit..... let me know what you think!

day 39 - feeling good today dropped another pound today so back on the weight loss journey.

just been on the main forum! omg! it heated down there at the moment. also, i posted about tweaking CD and got the usual responses. i do think there are more people out there who tweak but are too scared to admit it. i got some good advice and am cnsidering the 1000 plan. i did get some flak for mentioning my days off plan, but i have lost 15lbs in 6 weeks (slower than some and more than others!) and i never feel ill the day after my meal and seem to fall back into ketois. ah well, the replies were very helpful and there sure are some dedicated people out there! so far going ok today, gonna stick to ss+ and ss for another fortnight then start moving up the plans.

read a weird argument in the meet up thread on the main forum! its sad really as i always see this as a supportive place and arguments tend to leave a nasty taste in the mouth (yes, even worse than the CD shakes!!! hahhah).....

wow - day 40 tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

day 39 - feeling good today dropped another pound today so back on the weight loss journey.

just been on the main forum! omg! it heated down there at the moment. also, i posted about tweaking CD and got the usual responses. i do think there are more people out there who tweak but are too scared to admit it. i got some good advice and am cnsidering the 1000 plan. i did get some flak for mentioning my days off plan, but i have lost 15lbs in 6 weeks (slower than some and more than others!) and i never feel ill the day after my meal and seem to fall back into ketois. ah well, the replies were very helpful and there sure are some dedicated people out there! so far going ok today, gonna stick to ss+ and ss for another fortnight then start moving up the plans.

read a weird argument in the meet up thread on the main forum! its sad really as i always see this as a supportive place and arguments tend to leave a nasty taste in the mouth (yes, even worse than the CD shakes!!! hahhah).....

wow - day 40 tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, I saw your thread and the one with the arguing, seems very odd for this forum as I too had always thought it was all supportive, it may make new people worry about what they write. I think the advice you were given was good too but it really is your journey and your choice. Move up when you are ready. Well done on getting to day 40. :worthy::bliss:

Back