My Diary...

day 83 - lost 2lbs this week. weighing a week early this week for various reasons. the scale kept swinging between 2-3lbs so i have decided to err on the side of caution and have an official loss of 2lbs. that is brilliant and i am mega pleased. had an ok day yesterday, another 100% day. having an ss+ meal tonight as have people coming over.

coogee - wow, well done for not giving in girl. i wish i had the balls to stop and consider before cheating. in the early days the cheat was usually in my mouth before i even realised. now, like you i take more time to think about it, and if i am really hungry (not just head hungry or wanting to eat cos i have seen food on the telly) then i will have it but only if i am hungry. my rule is to first have some water, then if still hungry, half an apple, and i must say it always work for me.

as i write i am thinking about whether i should stick to 100% ss today aswell and see if i can lose another pound byt weigh in tomorrow to make it 3lbs....hmmm will see how to goes. am chuffed with 2lbs though. every little helps and i knnow it sounds crazy but its easy to be a but more relaxed when nearly at goal! sometimes i think i should be even more determined to get to goal now, but i actually feel happier going slow and big losses unnerve me a little.

anyway, good luck ladies!

Just do your best hun! Funny how by the end of your message you talked yourself out of having a SS+ meal tonight... interesting, perhaps you have more determination than you give yourself credit for!

Whatever you decide, have a great day and good luck for your WI tomorrow
xx

Hi Leeds123, well done on your loss this week. If I can comment on your CD method..... I think it's a great way to do it because last time I did it I SS'd for a long time and then when I returned to normal eating I hadn't actually learnt to eat in moderation and re-gained the loss after 18 months (3 1/2 stone). I am having a day off tomorrow and so excited - I feel like it is a reward for being so good up until now. I have already planned a meal for the evening.. I'm making me and OH a mixed grill with home made spicy burger, marinaded lamb steaks, chicken croquettes and veg n salad. Sunday i'm back to SS or maybe SS +. I take my hat off to your method and your diary has inspired me to follow suit. This way I am re-learning my eating habits of everything in moderation.

day 85 - have decided am gonna stop counting days when i get to 100 days and then just count in weeks. its so cumbersome and tiring trying to remember what day i am on.

anyway, another sunday another week. week 13. i signed up to the march challenge and i aim to lose 9lbs. it sounds very low but as i lose slow i am ok with this. i worked out that i lost 15lbs in my first month, 6lbs in my second and 8 in my third. not bad, although it isnt the stone they say you should lose. i am happy with my own pace. the breakdown sounds crappy (esp month 2) but i prefer to focus on it as 29lbs over 12 weeks which is great.

on a good note, had a fabby day yesterday, even went shopping and miraculously managed to buy 2 items that BOTH FIT when i got them home. am in a dilemma at the moment as dont know what sizes to buy. I bought some stuff for my holiday yesterday, one was a size 12 dress and the other a size 14. both fit, but the 12 was v snug. Do i give it back or keep it knowing that by june i will have lost some more weight???? also, do i buy stuff a size smaller now or not? part of the fun of holidays is the shopping beforehand but its so confusing at the moment!

aiming to lose 2-3lbs this week, although have no idea how my body is getting on. how are you all doing ladies?

shanny - you ok?

Hi, your losses are great. I can't wait until I can say i've lost 29lbs... I also can't wait until I start buying hol clothes the same. Well done to you.
I had a day off yesterday - It was great as I noticed how much less I could eat now before feeling full - gotta be a good thing.

hi

i'd wait a bit longer before getting your holiday clothes. june is a while away and you could be a lot lower than you are now. remember when losses slow your body usually changes shape and inches are lost.

hiya leeds, good to see you are doing well. i love shopping for clothes too but you may look a lot different by the time you go away, i wouldnt buy too much incase. i sometimes just log onto clothes sites on the internet and imagine buying them, but dont buy. i cant wait til ive lost another stone and half to have a good shopping spree. anyway im going to log off now. take care hun.xx

I agree with great things. It's still a fair bit until you're going on holiday, so I would just wait and go shopping about a week before you go. That way you know you're buying the right size :D Wish I could already fit into a size 12!

day 86 - thanks for all the advice on clothes. you are all right but i cant help buying size 16's. i found a size 16 dress (i bought the 12 on sat) and have decided to keep this one and give the 12 back even though it is quite big on me. i dont think my brain has caught up with my losses and i still always buy a 16. its a comfort thing. but vowed not to buy anymore stuff until at least may time. dont know why but my head just refuses to believe i will lose anymore by june. i think its cos i have a few days off plan planned for the easter hols (easter sunday dinner, trip to theme park with kids, hen night) so i feel like april will a slow month for losses. however, i KNOW cd works and i need to get my brain into gear. will take some big stuff on hols with me too just in case. also, cant believe how much i am gonna have to spend on stuff if i do move down sizes. all the summer clothes are out in the shops now and are pretty expensive. oh well, its not a bad problem to have. luckily, some of my lycra type dresses/skirts should still be ok ina bigger size as i can always put a belt round them and lycra tends to mould the body rather than hang.

anyway, enough clothes talk. yesterday was ok (not great, but ok). struggling today as have not had my first shake yet so am really hungry! better go, have some water and shakes!

must try and look in the mirror and see myself for what i am!! my head refuses to accept the new me and when i look in the mirror i dont always see the losses - has this happened to anyone else?

hi!! have come back on to confess to being bad bad bad. having a stressful day and ended up having some of the kids leftovers again!! did that yesterday too, and am really getting annoyed with myself. i had a few weeks of this at about week 7-8 and it was horrible. cant believe i seem to be falling into the same cycle. determined to carry on though! i must, i have no choice. why are some weeks harder than others. the last 2 weeks i have cruised through and now i am peckish and hungry a lot. when i do CD properly i love it, and wwhen i do it badly i blame CD and hate myself!!

sorry to rant but i feel better for it. at least it was not a full on meal. but all those spoonfuls soon add up. i'll probably only lose 1lbs this week or even STS. HELP!!

Hi Leeds123 - What's done is done. Put it behind you.... if you snap back into your earlier mindset you can pull it back. It's only Mon you have all this week to undo the damage. If you over-analyse it and feel guilty - it may drive you to more nibbles and then you'll be even more upset. Stop now - think how lush you felt when you lost those 5 lbs! You are not alone - i've slipped a little but today back on track. Come on do it with me... you are my inspiration for a flexi CD!

day 87 - on shakes and water and doing ok. but then i am always ok until the evenings. the last 2 nights i have nibbled and felt bad so today I am not going to do that. I have some chicken inthe fridge so i if need to eat i will have a ss+ day. also migh have a bar to overcome the need to eat (it usually does the trick).

felt bad yesterday until i tried on some holiday clothes from last year. they were all either nicely comfortable or a bit big which is amazing! for the dresses i can wear belts on them to make them fit and the same with a lot of my trousers. a lot of them have drawstring belts so have decided to still take them ( so what if they look big on my bottom). I spend loads of my holiday staples and have some great linen and light trousers from karen millen and gap. dont want to throw these out so will just wear them with a belt. hubby thinks i am mad!!! hahah!

going to have a good day (please god!) today and hope for the best. hope you are all doing ok!

gogo - thanks for your post, it really helped. in fact, it has made me even more determined to keep going!

Well done on another good day! Trying on all of your holiday clothes and seeing them fit or be too big must be a lush feeling! Lol, know what you mean about not wanting to get rid of some of your favourite clothes - I know thats what I'll be like when I get like you!

Keep it up!

Lou x

hi!! have come back on to confess to being bad bad bad. having a stressful day and ended up having some of the kids leftovers again!! did that yesterday too, and am really getting annoyed with myself. i had a few weeks of this at about week 7-8 and it was horrible. cant believe i seem to be falling into the same cycle. determined to carry on though! i must, i have no choice. why are some weeks harder than others. the last 2 weeks i have cruised through and now i am peckish and hungry a lot. when i do CD properly i love it, and wwhen i do it badly i blame CD and hate myself!!

sorry to rant but i feel better for it. at least it was not a full on meal. but all those spoonfuls soon add up. i'll probably only lose 1lbs this week or even STS. HELP!!

one tip someone gave last time i did Cd was as soon as the kids are finished put washing up liquid all over their left over food then you can't eat it. you're doing really well don't let yourself get low about it. just brush yourself off, say well that was daft and carry on.

i had to say that my cheats are not food but chewing gum and an occasional coke zero (like one a week). they are classed as cheats as they're not part of the diet but i feel like if i didn't chew gum and chomp on it then i'd have a massive hard time. i don't eat much gum either.

meant to say about your clothes. you should have bought a 14 if you were going to go up. the 16 will be falling off you in not too many weeks.

i'm just as bad though. i have to force myself to wear smaller sizes. i have some size 18 and 20 tops that i keep wearing. they're hanging off me and i should have ditched them ages ago. i'm off to m&s to replace 3 of my tops that i love but are massive. i'm getting the same tops but in a 14 or even a 12 if it doesn't look too bad.

hiya leeds, its sounds like your back on track again, dont give yourself a hard time over the nibbling. its hard when your cooking for your family and you cant eat when you've done. well done on the clothes being loose. its a great feeling isnt it. ive got some jeans that are hanging off me but i dont want to buy any new ones for them hopefully to hang off me too in a few weeks. lol. apparently i look like a bag of sh*t from behind ah ah. im not bothered, its better than having a yucky belly hanging over the top of jeans and marks around ya belly at the end of the day eh? anyway hope you carry on having a good day.xx

day 88 - thanks to all of you who left me posts on here!! wow. as for the clothes issue, there are some clothes i will never be able to throw out as i love them so much! but i will not be buying anything new until June when i go away. am terrified of moving down the sizes, but let me tell you ladies - there is no greater feeling than putting on clothes that are big for you. wowowowowow!

anyway, am pleased to report that i was v good yesterday, no nibbles. thank god. i go through weeks like this where i do it everyday. i am having a ss+ day today as cannot hold off ay longer, this seems to be a v hungry week for me so am gonna have a chicken salad tonight.

would like to lose 2lbs by sat (fingers crossed!).

hi, just come back on here to post that i did some pilates using the fitness tv pilates show. it was a bit boring and seemed like a lot of stretches so i dont know if its any good. can anyone recommend a good pliates dvd i can buy???

Last edited:
Back