My Diary...

Hi Leeds, well done on your loss so far.

My other half and I are off to Brighton for a couple of days on the 19th as my son is off to France on a school trip. (Just half hour or so on the train for us but nearby in an emergency).

There's a Harvester near the pier which could be useful for a meal out.

I'm sure you'll have a great time xx

Hi Leeds123, I understand that feeling of panic but being close to target I guess this is something you are going to have to face. My advice with no CD would be to aim for alot of high protein meals but at the same time keep your calorie intake below 1500cals. The protein should make you feel fuller for longer. Save any carb portions for the evening.

If I start my day with carbs included it sends my blood sugar sky high and then when it starts to drop back down I crave more. Protein keeps your blood sugar more stable throughout the day. Also, when I eat out I often order mixed grill, or meaty meals (chicken, beef stew, etc) and ask for the potatoes to be swapped for another veg. Not sure if this advice may help?

day 92 - yes i amstill here!!! got a few shakes so i can have 2 a day until i go and then have to have an evening meal. not doing cd on the day we travel as its a long drive to brighton and i get car sick if i travel on an empty stomach. goodness, its so nice to be going away and so scary. i just hope i can get back to cd when i come back and cope with it!

thanks for all your help girls, you are right. this is something i will have to deal with eventually, but i had planned on coming off cd using the plans but this time its gonna be straight from cd to full on food but i am gonna try and stick to the moving up the plans principles of protein and staying within cals. I have told myself that even if i gain massively i will get back on cd and hopefully within a fortnight i will be back where i am today.

feeling v apprehensive though and thank god i can talk to you lot about this as no one else really understands. my hubby thinks cd is starting to take over my life when i am more worried about that than packing and buying all out stuff in! anyway, thank you all, i will be lurking here today to catch up on the diaries! love and hugs to all

hiya leeds, hope you enjoy a really well deserved break. good luck with your eating, im sure you will be fine but dont begrudge yourself treats. if you gain a couple of lbs, they will soon go and just think to yourself ya still a lot lighter than you used to be. cant wait to catch up on what you have been upto, have fun chick.xx

wow you are so close to goal. i'm not far off but not as close as you. for me, goal can't come quick enough. i'm considering going lower as i work down the plans. i'm thinking another stone off. so 10st 7lbs instead of 11st 7lbs.

good luck with your time out of cd to go to brighton.

hiya leeds. how are you doing? i cant wait to catch up with you, missed you loads. ive been really naughty and need a kick up the bum. hope your days off have been good. at least yours were planned. i only planned to have 1 day off and it turned into 4. really bad of me. oh well sorry for the moan. really cant wait to hear from you, hope you enjoyed ya hols.xx

OMG - hello friends. i am caught up in a nightmare! we went to brighton for about a week and then one of my best friends told me she had found a last minute deal abroad, she has been through a really bad time and asked me if i would come away with her for 2-3 days. to cut a long story short with great trepidation at leaving my kids (hubby encouraged me to have a good break away) I am now stuck abroad with no flights home. i was supposed to be home last thursday and am so depressed at being here. we are having to pay extra for everything and this is not so much of a problem as is being away and not knowig when i can get back. whilst off i have only gained about 3-4lbs as i havebeen very good but now i am desperate to comfort eat as i am missing my kids and want to be home.

i eat a good brekkie and them low carb for the day and watch what i eat and it seems to keep my weigtht ok but now i am feeling reallylow. i might not be home until end of next week and its so frustrating. what am i doing here, also, not doing cd for the third week is making me feel scared and although i have my friend i feel stressed and lonely. i will try and catch up on diaries but dont have regular internet access. feeling very weepy right now and just want to be home!!

dani - you can deffo get back on it. i know i have a long struggle when i come back so maybe we can help eachother with this mini restart?

shanny - will go read your diary now. so happy to see you are 10.1!!! are you still on cd??

pls send me your words of encouragements girls as i am really lonely and desperate!

Oh hun, I am so sorry you are caught up in all the nightmare. So many people I know are in a similar situation.

Don't worry about Cd chick, you can get back on track as soon as you are home. You are one determined lady and I know you can do it. So pleased you ahve a friend with you, but must be dreadful being away from your husband and kids.

I really hope you get home soon.

Thinking of you. Charlie xx

Leeds... my lovely chicken stay positive CD will be here when you return back to your family.!

All these flight delays are rubbish, while you are SAFE!

And your hubby and kids are SAFE too. you will be fine you have a small gain there chicken, can tell you have been incontrol with food(Good girl)!!

Pop onto the boards when you can hun 'we are all here for you'!! and as charlie said you are very determined lady.

I hope you are back safely veryyy soon.xx

shannyx

its so depressing watching sky news and all they focus on is the frigging leaders debates!! some people here are panicked cos they have kids and babies and have run out of money and finally today - 4 days later - there is a home office number to ring. why is britain not trying to help people? sky news has reported that israel is contacting residents who are abroad andmaking plans to bring them home, britain doesnt seem to care. the news just keeps on about nick clegg and his victory. i know i sound pissed off, but believe me its no fun being here, at least i am ok, there is a mum here with a baby and she has run out of powdered milk and cannot find any here. just want to be home safely and want to know that someone somewhere is thinking of us and trying to help. many airline companies have refuised to pay for accomodation and i have seen hotels forcefully telling people they have to leave hotels if they cannot pay! anyway, thanks for the kind words ladies, i am praying i get home by weds. its been a traumatic few weeks in more ways than one and i cant wait toget back to normal (life wise and cd wise). will try and come on here everyday to keep in touch and stay upbeat!

omg!!!! i cant believe it. you are really strong and will easily be able to get back onCD when you get home. thats last thing to worry about, you just make sure you are ok. i bet your family cant wait to see you and vise versa. thats most important thing like shanny said, even though you are apart from ya family at least you are all safe. keep your chin up luvy, im sure it wont be long before you are home again. we will def buck each other up wi CD, im still not sticking to it properly but at least im in a comfy 14 so im happy. anyway you take care of yaself and ya friend. will keep checking daily to see what news you might have. thinking of ya.xx

Leeds123 - Arrgghh! Was starting to wonder where you were.

All will be fine. You can get back on track when you return.
Your kids will be fine otherwise you wouldn't have trusted your OH for those few days - men manage surprisingly well without us when they have to.

Bottom line is ..they are safe. You sound as though you are safe with a friend.

Keep as positive as possible! You'll look back one day and laugh. For example - have you turned your knickers inside out yet to get more wear out of them!! :D

Keep smiling - the kids are probably seeing it that you are on an adventure!

oh ek! cd is the last thing you need to worry bout. try washing nickers then drying them under a hand drier. works when ems has had an accident :)

hope you get home soon. we're off to france a week wed, i'm worrying bout getting there and back as we're flying too. wish i'd booked eurostar now.

i'm suprised that there's no powdered milk around. you need a big supermarket. sure the reps should be able to help out.

right i need to get ready for swimming with matthew now. :D

p.s they're testing flights as we speak. trying to see if the planes can fly with no problems. fingers crossed for you.

Back