My Diary...

Fingers crossed here too, good luck. xx

hiya hun, how ru today? hope you are well. thats the main thing. hoping you will be back soon. take care hun and like everyone else, im keeping my fingers crossed for you.xx

hi. still here, and feelinf very low. it could be weeks before i am home. although have no money worries i resent spending onhotels and food. i hate being here, i mis my kid, i have a dicky tummy and there is no end in sight. there is no help at all and its all making me feeling so depressed. even though flights should be ok today we have been told it could be weeks before we get home. i dont know how much more i can take! i am tired of battling on the phone and trying to get home. i just want to lie in bed all day and wake up when its over. i have my mate with me but we are starting to get on each others nerves. i miss my kids and wont make my start to work this week. no one wants to know us, the airline is pants, the embassy cant help and people are low. pls send me your good wishes so i get a flight home this week. its been traumatic and i am really homesick and low. trying hard to keep positive but really cant cope anymore.

sorry to drag you all down, i know your journeys are hard enough with cd, but i have no one else to vent at!

aww leeds, i so wish i could help you. i can only imagine how bad you must be feeling. ive got 2 daughters so can understand how your feeling. try to keep strong and positive. im sure you will be back where you belong soon, with your loving family. take care hun.xxx

i know what you mean about missing your kids. i moan on about emily but i would really miss her if she wasn't around.

i hope they get their act together and get you lot home. i'm sure that the airlines are suppose to help with accommodation and food etc.

i know it's hard but try to make the best out of it all. take time and relax. if you want to stay in bed for a day... just do it. if it's sunny and nice, go relax on the beach or by the pool.

they'll get you home as soon as they can.

hiya hun, hope u are feeling ok and positive. hopefully it wont be long until you're home again. you will look back and laugh with your friend about this in months to come. your in my thoughts.xx

Hi Leeds123, thinking about you and hoping you are on your way back. What an exhausting nightmare it must be for you. Fingers crossed all will be well very soon. take care. x x x

hi all. touched by all the concern. we finally got back this morning after a hellish journey. we were originally told we wouldnt be back from turkey until mid may but a lot of crying and screaming later we got tickets today. cannot tell you how relieved i am to be home. the last week was hell with us trying to get tickets home, its almost as if the airline didnt want to know us! anyway, wont go into it as its very depressing and i had some real low points over the last 3 weeks. weighed myself and i am a few pounds under where i left off three weeks ago and i think this is mainly because whilts stranded i simply could not eat and i was really stressed. however, yesterday and today has been a carb overload and i think its my way of catching up on the nightmare i have been through. i had originally planned to go back on to CD on sunday but i seem to be eating too much at the moment and am therefore going back on cd tomorrow.

thats why i am on here, its to make sure you all check up on me tomorrow and help me along those first few days again. dont think i am mentally strong enough to do it on my own and am praying i dont have the first week jitters again (although am sure i will). its a diffic time for me to start cd again as i am also going back to work at the end of the week after mat leave but i feel going back on it will allow my hormones and emotions to calm down a bit. as i am virtually at the goal i originally set of 11 stone i dont think i will ss for very long. in fact, i might ss+ this week to get me through. i am aware that i dont have much to lose now and am grateful that i have not gained anything whilst away, but i dont want to throw that all away now and put it all back on again.

i know this post is long, boring and confusing but i am jetlagged, emotional, anxious and just want all my thoughts out so i can re-read them and formulate them. i also want time to think about whether i should lower my goal to 10 stone or hover around 11 stone which is where i look good and feel good??? any suggestions.

Again, i will be taking the scenic route....

wow, happy to be back here and hope my start tomorrow goes ok..

hi all -just a quickie to say i am not retsrating cd until sunday as have too much on at the moment with getting back late and sortig stuff out to go back to work. however, i am low fat and low carbing so hopefully wont gain anything until sunday!

Hi Leeds,

Sorry it has been a long time, I have been messing around on and off the diet for months but I am on day 10 of 100% so feel much better now, I have started a diary too.

I see you have been having some troubles. Sounds like a nightmare. On the plus size well done for being nearly at goal and as for changing it I say if you are happy where you are then stay there but if you feel you can carry on and see what happens then go for it.

Beccy

hello diary. sorry i havent been around much this week. have been trying to cope with massive amounts of stress at home and work, feeling low, starting work, and jetlag! however, i am VERY pleased with myself as i have managed to low carb this week and havent gained anything. in fact i am a few pounds down from when i left cd a month ago. i never thought this would happen. when i got back this week i spent a day eating normal crap but i reeled myself in and decided to be really strict with myself. this week more than any other for ages i have wanted and needed to comfort eat but i am amazed at my own willpower. first i controlled my portions when i was abroad (which was actually easier than i thought it would be). then, when i got stuck there i didnt give in to food, and finally i have survived the week from hell this week and actually lost weight through eating well.

one of my biggest fears when i started cd was that i would gain everything back but i have proved to myself that I CAN DO THIS. its not easy and the food isnt that appetising, but god it can be done. this enforced break from cd has meant i am still at least 6-7 pounds from my initial goal, but it has helped me understadn myself so much. I restart on sunday all guns blazing and am hoping that as i have low carbed this week i wont get the debilitating headaches.

my menu for this week has been simple - coffee and 2 slices of granary toast with butter for brekkie, a huge salad for lunch (lettuce, onions, peppers, toms, cucumber, homemade low fat coleslaw) and cottage cheese, and in the evenings its been omelettes or chicken or more salad. i have felt full most of the time and not felt deprived. I suppose i have come up with some sort of maintenance plan. i always add to my salads, be it cottage cheese/tuna/omelette/eggs. i have also been having tea and coffee. low carbing definitely is the way forward for me i think.

anyway, just wanted to come on here and give myself a pat on the back for this week and to gear up for my start on sunday. i was a bit panicked when i got back from abroad and wanted to start cd asap. however, i am glad i didnt now as it was a hellish week and i am glad i decided to approach it differently and eat healthily. for all those reading, thanks for all the support so far and watch out for my post this sunday! Leeds is coming back to lose the last 10lbs!!!!

becca - you doing ok today???????

HELLO!!!! so its sunday, and i have had one hot choc shake and 1 litre of water. its good to be back on cd and i am hoping i can lose the last 10lbs with cd. however, i plan to go slow and i also plan to have cups of tea and coffee as they really help! also, i will be having lots of ss+ days and i am excited for this being week 1 again. i know its gonna be hard but ihave a few days off work so hoping i will be over the worst in the next few days. also, hoping that my low carbing will help with the restart.

its a different week 1 for me though as i am very happy with my current weight and if i am honest i dont need to lose any more, but i want to make it to a healthy bmi. being at this weight makes restarting so much less scary. last time i started cd some 4 months ago i started out of desperation and sadness, and it was very emotional for me. this time, i feel like i am doing it out of choice and there is no desperation at all so mentally i feel much better. CD has given me a new lease of life, it really has. i have a meal out with family today so will ss+ today but other I am hoping to have a good first day.

this time around i will not give myself a hard time when i am having a bad day, instead i will try and remain upbeat and remind myself of how well i have done. funny thing is, although i lost 30lbs i cant see that in myself. i still feel the same size as pre-cd. i want to look in the mirror and see the difference so i am hoping this last stretch will give me time for my head to catch up with my body. wish me luck girls and please feel free to post on here to spurr me on!

hiya leeds, its so good to hear how much confidence in yourself you have, you should be really proud of yourself, you have had such a tough time and have come out on top smiling. well done hun. you make me want to push myself to do 100% but i know for me with different things coming up, wedding n a few days away that id just be wasting nearly 70quid to do the next 2wks and then be eating and drinking (more drinking) so im going to eat healthily, i like doing what you have been doing and low carbing. also like the weightwatcher meals if want something quick. i bet you are looking amazing. im in a size 14 now and love it as id gone up to a size 18. ive got hardly any clothes though, lol, could do with a huge donation. i love looking a summer clothes though now and not feeling like i couldnt wear what i like.
anyway im going to stop babbling on now, just so you know im going to be on here often again so even if im just eating healthy please help me. we can help each other to be strong hun. although you sound very determined so you dont really need my words lol. you take care and good luck, will speak 2mora.xxx

Back