My Diary...

leeds you are doing great. not only are you doing your usual things but have also gone back to work. thats a huge thing. i can remember going back to work after having 9mths maternity leave and itwas hard getting into a routine, but soon got into it. us women deserve medals for everything we do. jobs are never ending. when we finish work for the day from our paid jobs we just start all over again with housework and children. so you should def not pull yourself down. you are a strong woman and doing your best all the time. keep it up hun.xxx

dani - thanku thanku thanku chick! i needed that message. got home from work, tired, stressed, headachey. cleaned up the dishes from the kids tea, got their homework out and have loads of housework to do! then it all starts again tomorrow. I think part of the reason i am being less critical of myself is that i know its a diffic month for me. women do have it hard. when i went back to work this time i felt i had alzheimers! forgotten almost everything but its all coming back to me now... slowly. sick of the bloody campaigners with the loudspeakers outside - wish they would FO!! anyway, thanks for the message and for bigging me up all the time.

eternal - my maths is bad too! dont worry, maybe one day i can post a 38lbs loss! haha

dear diary - its all gone pear shaped for me. last night i was SO good, had my shake after work and more water and was not hungry at all. but deep down i knew i was gonna eat. I JUST KNEW IT! anyway, at 8pm ended up having some of hubby's pizza and some cornflake chocco things. booo, wasnt even hungry - until i started eating. i did not eat healthily or within reason, 3 medium slices of pizza and about 3 of them cornflake thingies. have weighed and have not gained but am mad at myself - but remember my rule? no berating and criticism?????? ok, so i wont beat myself up but its safe to say that this week there is not going to be any loss and week 1 is a disaster. ok, so i know i can maintain but can i get in the zone again to lose these last few pounds????

i wish my TOM would hurry up and come, and i wish i lost something, anything, so that i can feel its starting to come off again.

but if it doesn't? then i will keep trying until it does start. i feel happy at this weight but want to get to goal before my holiday in mid june..... back on the shakes this morning and water and at work. miss being at home, miss the kids, miss the housework even.... but none of this is an excuse to do cd badly. its too costly to do on a half and hlaf basis. right, weigh in tomorrow and then week 2 starts in earnest on sunday.... right???????

chick, disregard your week 1 and totally start again. i would have a lovely last meal and enjoy whatever it is n however fatty it is and then really go for it. my hubby talked me into this, i should have started today but hes taking me out for a nice dinner and then i wont feel (hopefully) like im missing out on nice things. going to have whatever i want when we get to whereever we are going for dinner, might even buy a bar of choc for my last treat tonight and then tomorrow watch this space lol. we can both start week 1 together if you want. hope you get through today alright hun. dont tire yourself out with the housework, remember that what ever you dont get done today will still be there waiting tomorrow anyway.take care.xxx

Hiya Leeds are you today?

There is nothing worse then waiting on TOM it really makes us feel awful.

How much weight do you still need to loose??

Hope you are feeling ok:hug99:

hi all, dani, you are right. starting again properly tomorrow, sts this week but thats because i overate on friday. but TOM has arrived today, and i have settled into work so no more excuses.

slim, I wanna lose my last 10 pounds or so. its so hard, i completely messed up my first week. what a waste! boo. need some serious willpower from tomorrow.

Hi leeds i will be honest yep that was me to loose the last 10 pounds. the hardest bit of weight to shift by far.!!

But on a positive note it's achieveable remember.!

good luck.x

Hi Leeds

I don't think you completely messed up Week 1. And like the others, and you, say - waiting for TOM is one of the most difficult times to stick to anything - let alone CD.

You are doing fabulously and there's a lot of upheavals going on so don't be harsh on yourself xx

thanks ladies. Shanny - you are my inspiration and when i feel despondent I read your posts cos i know you did it.

suepat - thanks sue, i am glad i sts, and know i can easily maintain now, but TOM really threw me.

so diary, as promised here i am. sunday morning. one litre down and one shake made and ready to drink. i had a long chat with hubby last night and asked for his support. he is great but since i lost the bulk of the weight he always says 'go on, have a taste, it wont hurt', and its so easy sometimes to say ok and eat. he now understands now that i need to lose the last stone. i have hols in 6 weeks and i know i am gonna gain so if i lose towards my goal at least any gain will be manageable. also, i want to get to goal, i am sick of always telling myself theres no point getting to 10 stone as i will fail, i want to do it for me. also, i need to have a good week for me. i feel so good having lost weight but i know how easily it goes back on, i dont want to forever yoyo. i want to lose those last few pounds. this week i have decided to go right back to basics - ss100% . no salads for work and no extras. i need some loss this week and i need to get back into the flow. i know it wont be easy as i have a killer TOM. severe back ache and tummy ache and hundreds of jobs round the house to do. only i can do this, and only i controls what goes in my mouth. if i can do ok today i know i will be set for the week..... please let me be good this week!!!! will report back this evening on how i have done.

Leeds you sound so positive you can really do it just imagine this time next week if you are 100% you could be down 4-5lbs i am planning on staying 100% this week so maybe we can start a thread for us to be 100% this week like a little mini goal??? What do you think and we can take it day by day

slim - yes a thread would be great. somewhere i can dip into during the day to reaffirm my 100% status. thanks for taking the time to help me. i constantly think that too - 'if i stay 100% i could be 4lbs down by fri/sat'... yes, great idea slim i will look out for the thread

HI!!!!! yes big shouty hi to the diary today because i was V GOOD yesterday!!! yay. i was 100% (well except for one mouthful, but i wont go into details) yesterday, or as 100% as i can be. felt amazing, no hunger all day, no pangs, and no guilt. weighed this morn and the pounds are already dropping away. hooray!

aiming for a 3lb loss this week, and have joined slims 100% challenge for this week. really need to stay on top of cd this week as did so badly last week. wish me luck and i will post again this evening. its a hard day today as i am on the road from 1pm -7pm so i have had my 2 shakes already this morn and will have one at 7ish. hope i can make it, and also very little water today as dont like using service station toilets. anyway, here's to another 100% day!

9.30pm - just a quick one to say I HAVE BEEN 100% TODAY!!!!. cant believe it, i finally feel in the zone. just need to keep it up till friday night weigh in.... just so happy that its finally going ok for me, and although ihave been a bit headachey i am overall pleased with how easy it has been getting back to 100% ss. it seems all i needed in the end was a jolly good talk to myself!

Last edited:
me again. so yesterday was great. was out mst of the day but managed to stick to plan 100% ss. wow. the only downside was that i didnt have much water so am trying to up that today. woke up feeling hungry today so had my shake and water and have now got a very furry tongue. but thts ok, know i am now getting into ketosis which can only help.

dont think i will lose too much in the next 6 weeks before i go on hols as want to come off cd a week before i travel so i can start maintaining so that leaves me 5 weeks, and in there is half term which means a few planned days off with the kids and trips out. all in all my aim for the next 6 weeks is to lose half a stone until my hols. if i can do that then i will be happy. i am sure i will gain half a stone and more on hols as plan to eat whatever i want, so will then have to restart to lose the holiday gain!

really hope i am good until friday, and as i am at work from tomorrow till fri i hope that makes it easier for me as i will be out of the house and away from the fridge. we'll have to see!

so, yesterday was good. had 3 litres of water and back on the water and shakes this morning. off to work soon and hopig that i wont be bad when i get home from work. got to be good until friday, this is do-able now. really pleased with my progress this week and just amazed at how easy things are when you stick to cd properly. changing the plan is fine for maintaining but to lose you really need to stick to the rules.

Hi Leeds, good to see you are re-motivated for a final push.

Just reading your last update and it has made me snap back mentally. 100% CD for serious weight loss and results! I am feeling more normal by doing "my own thing including shakes" but the losses aren't showing in my clothes like I would have expected by now - I have a whole wardrobe of lush clothes waiting for me in the next 2 sizes down... what am I waiting for?

Thanks for the inspiration! Keep at it...:)

Back