My Diary...

Leeds I bet most of that is the shock of eating real food and carbs again. You'll be full of gas and retaining water. It will come back off quickly when you get home, lets face it. You can't have actually put on 14lbs of fat in 5 days? Once you get back on cd, get lots of water in you and have had a good poo you'll feel much better...lol! :)

hiya leeds, i agree wi cornishkez, theres no way that will be what you have really put on. dont let it bother you or get you down, just enjoy ya hols, you have waited n worked hard for it, enjoy having family time n sod the diet till ya back on home turf. another thing......dont weigh yasen again. live in bliss till ya home n can do sumat about it. just enjoy enjoy enjoy. enjoy the rest of ya stay.xx

cant wait to catch up and hear all about ya hols. ive restarted CD today, so far not bad, bit of headache. hope you are having a great time and didnt worry too much about ya weight.xx

hope you got my pm message back to you. :D

hiya leeds, good luck with restart today. hope you find it easy to get back into. i will be on here every day to give a little support. lets beat these pounds off together hun.xx

hiya!!! great things - yes i got your email whilst on holiday and it really helped me to put things into perspective. thank you millions.

Dani - I need you around this week girl!

so, i have had my holiday and it was fabulous. i ate loads, as soon as i got there i got the most heinous bloating in my tummy and swelled right up. this was prob the plan journey, the heat and the sudden stopping of drinking water (tut tut!). plus it was TOM pending and all those carbs all of a sudden just made me balloon right up. honestly, it really spolied and affected my hols, and for a few days i did low carb and cal counting but this made me miserable. so i decided to just sit back and enjoy my holidays and the sunshine.

I weighed when i got back, and given that i didnt do CD the week before i went either in the three weeks off plan and eating CRAP i have gained one stone. 14 lbs. that is horrendous i know, but i am hoping that i can lose about 8lbs this first week and then the rest over the next few weeks. in my dreams, i will lose about 10lbs this first week as i am hoping and praying that some of this weight is water recession and will fall off, but i dont want to set a high goal and then feel like i failed. i'm not feeling too bad as i enjpyed the food and the holiday and am ready for cd now. we only really have a holiday once a year and i have no regrets but i do want to get back to near what i was.

please help me if you can as i need all the support i can get. i have had loads of water today and am starting my first shake (am bloomin starving already!) and will be on here all week.

my aim is to lose 14lbs and will give myself 4 weeks, and then i will take if from there as to where i can go. missing the holiday and sad that tomorrow my kids will be off to school and its all over. but already looking for good deals for next year, and AI was a lifesaver. we ate and drank with no money worries and it was so convenient.

would really appreciate any advice and encouragement today ladies!

hiya leeds, i need you 2!!!!!
so glad we are facing this together again. im the same, want to get this 12lbs off as soon as i can. my weigh in is next sunday, will have been back on for 13days but had that slip for 2days so im still hoping it will be good.
leeds you are really strong and can do this. you always inspire me. its really hard to do CD when you as a woman have so many other things to juggle. nobody diets on holiday so dont worry, ya weight will be back to normal in no time. heres to a great week leeds.

WE CAN DO IT HUN!!!!!!!
xx

hey leeds i forgot to ask, how are you doing CD this time??? are you doing it 100% or tweaking it n having a day off each week? im struggling tonight. hubby wants pizza AND SO DO I!!!!!!! lol.xx

need a talking to myself :( can't seem to beat floating around just under 12 and then back to 12. need a good clear out for tuesday's weigh in.

was looking online for a metabolism calculator and found one. said i should be eating around 2200 cals a day with the exercise etc. if i wanted to loose weight to eat 500 less than this everyday. also they said if i have a sedintary (sp) day to lower the cals. interesting stuff as i don't eat anywhere near 2200 cals. :)

all i can think of is that today i'm weighing heavier cause of my wine the other night. like a day behind. yesterday i wasn't too bad, tried to keep busy. did have 2 ice lollies which were around 60 cals each, only go for the small or lower cal ones these days, no magnums for me anymore. i did have a bit of bread probably around 3 slices. so this i must cut out.

i had a few coffees too. my day sort of went like this....

got up had dodgy tum from vino. drank a litre of water, went out for my 6 mile run. drank another pint of water at home. ate a slice of bread. had an iced coffee (coffee, sweetner, ice and a bit of milk). had porridge (sachet from the quaker oats 'oats so simple', told you i was lazy). went round my mum's and had 2 nice coffees (the non-sweetened cappucino sachet things), then another iced coffee made as before. lunch was the kids crusts, an apple, a cd bar, a sneeky 2 very small jammy dodger things that the kids have (about 1/4 the size about the size of a 10p piece) and then my first ice lolly around 60 cals. hubby came over and we went out for another coffee... had an iced frascato (medium sized, was very sweet though and i didn't like it). plus a couple of mini shortbread biscuit things i'd got for the kids (about 80 cals each). out to do the garden for 2 hours then back for tea which was salad and cottage cheese with a slice of bread. then with the kids in bed i had a hot choc, my 2nd ice lolly (60 cals) and 3 decaf coffees. that was my day.... too much bread and a few too many biscuits. i don't normally eat that many. let myself down, but gave myself a little leyway with the running cals burnt that day.

estimation of calories eaten..... 1610
calories burnt by sat nav watch..... 783
should be a total of 830 cals intake regardless of the odd cals. still very much under 2200 they say i can eat in the metabolism thing. thing is i've gone up on the scales this morning. :(

starting to think that there's something seriously wrong with my body and metabolism :confused:

Metabolism Calculator says 2284 cals based on my height, gender, age, weight and moderate activity level.

http://health.msn.com/weight-loss/m...unit=standard&remember=true&sex=female&al=1.6 says 2371 based on same as above but light activity level.

http://www.marieclaire.com/health-fitness/calculator/metabolism-calculator says 2353 based on top criteria

http://metabolismcalculator.com/ says 2284

when no activity level is included they say i should eat around the 1550 cals a day level.

i would like to think that i was moderately active. with exercise and running. as in almost 9 hours of exercise last week, not inc housework and gardening. :D

Last edited:
nicki - are you sure your tyroid is ok? the figures just dont add up do they. you should be way past goal by now. and wow, amazed at how much coffee you get through!! haha

dani - did you have the pizza?

so, its day 2 for me to lose my holiday gain. i will think about getting to goal after i lose this gain. yesterday was REALLY REALLY bad, i mean chronic. i had the worst headache and even double doses of ibuprofen could not shake it. it was coupled with severe fatigue and really bad nauseousness. i dont know how i got through it! i drank 2.5 litres (in the morning) and managed 2 shakes and could not have anything after that. at 6pm i thought i was gonna collapse, i ate an apple but even that did not help. it only helped for about 10 mins and then the nausea feeling returned. anyway, apart from not having the last shake i was ok and went to bed. so i made it through but i have never had as bad a day 1 as that. and i have to say that if today is the same then i will have to ss+.

so today, have had water and a shake, and had something for my severe headache. still feeling a bit nauseous but not as bad as yesterday. yesterday the evening was horrible so i hope its not the same today. i mut be feeling this bad because of all the crap i have been eating. the scales show a 3lb loss though which is encouraging and i need a good loss this week. please god make today easier than yesterday! please!!

dani - i still plan on having my days off as i am feeling ok-ish with my weight and have never really imposed any kind of time limit on getting to goal. i have a big birthday party to attend this weekend so wont be doing cd on that day. how you getting on?

hiya leeds, yep i had the pizza. could kick myself today. really dont no where my will power has gone to, i really want to eat. i feel like i dont even want to do this, im just having to do it to get quick results because im so impatient to diet the normal way. but im not happy!
why is it so hard this time around????
sounds like me and you are feeling pretty much the same hun. hope the rest of yr day as been ok.
you do right with the days off. its like theres no point otherwise eh? for me, i need to do it 100% because of the expense. i cant afford to do it only a few days then have off the go back on but im really struggling to stick with it.
how are you feeling leeds? has the headache gone or got better at least? i hope so hun. hope you get through this evening.xx

hiya leeds. im a failure!!!!!! i just cant stick at it. granted i worked hard today and felt starving.
ive decided to use up my shakes by having 1 for brekkie and maybe 1 for lunch (depending whether i fancy it or not) and then an evening meal, either a salad with something or something with veg or just a healthy micro meal (ww, good for you, etc).
today i have had about 2litres water, strawberry shake and scrambled eggs, beans on 2 toast, just a scraping of butter on the toast. so today ive not had tonnes of cals. i feel so much better for eating something and good about choosing a light healthy meal. going to have to get batteries for my scales now though.
it also helped me to do what ive done today knowing my 12yr old daughter needs a bit of help with her weight. she isnt fat but is a size 12 and got a podge belly. her body is totally in proportion and always looks nice but needs the belly to go down a bit........and i was thinking that im not setting her such a good example by doing a quick fix diet, i need to show her to eat healthily and make good food choices so that in 10, 20yrs she isnt trying every fad diet under the sun. so im going to go the long route (or try 2) and help my daughter along too. i hope i can still come on here and chat, i will definately come on and comment on your page and keep in touch with you even if i cant write my own diary in the cambridge section anymore. really want to get this weight off and keep it off.
hope you have had a good night hun. its so horrible struggling with ya weight.xx

dani - you'd be better having 3 shakes and a meal with milk and doing the 810. keeps you in ketosis (usually) and you get to eat a bit which can help.

must have had a mental break down yesterday as i thought i'd posted the metabolism thing in my post... argh, my brain! loosing the plot.

i've had my thyroid checked over the years but it's always come back normal. t3, t4 etc i've been positive that i've got problems with it but nope, normal. i think that i've read that it's hard to spot problems as it can fluctuate. :mad:

leeds i would say for the next few days if you still feel ill then halve your shake and have 6 instead of 3 full ones, it might stabalise you blood sugar levels, help with the carb headache you've got as you're majorly detoxing and even you out so that you shouldn't feel sick.

dips in blood sugar levels can cause you to feel sick and the headache is certainly from your body ridding itself of carbs.

the apple would have given you a boost initially as it would up your sugar in your body then you body would digest it first and then you'd be back to square one. it's better just to ride it out. a few days and you'll be back in the zone and feeling full of energy with no headache again.

hi great things, i thought about that but i cant afford to buy the shakes and then eat food aswel, 1 or the other for me at min. going to try my hardest to be good for the sake of my daughter.xx

dani - pls stick around girl. your plan to eat healthily sounds fab. ihave a baby girl and i know that when she grows up i do not wannt to be doing a VLCD at all and will want to show her it can be done with healthy eating. you have made the right choice. let me know how you get on and keep on with your diary i dont think anyone will mind.

nicki - thank you for your support. you and dani have got me through my cd hell. well, its day 3 and no headache today so the worst seems tp be over. i had a 100% day yesterday (nearly killed me) and the scales are really dropping. i am just so glad i made it here because on sunday i never thought i could do it again. once i lose this 14lbs gain and get in th 10 stone bracket i am going to move up the plans again. how you doing today nicki?

hi great things, i thought about that but i cant afford to buy the shakes and then eat food aswel, 1 or the other for me at min. going to try my hardest to be good for the sake of my daughter.xx

hi

it looks like you're doing something similar to the 1000 plan. shake for brekkie with a 150 cal choice like porridge or i used to have 3 apples spaced out throughout the day, shake (usually kept this for before bed) and salad (just greens) for lunch then a meal for tea. i usually buy tescos own make healthy cottage cheese 300g, a little less than you should have but i can't be bothered weighing things all over again, very lazy. have the cottage and salad for tea. pass on the pasta sometimes have a slice of bread.

i suppose you could add in maybe an atkins bar, bit naughty in fat content but low carb and would keep you in ketosis. so 2 cd shakes an atkins bar and then your meal along with milk option. don't know how much the atkins bars are though. might be just the same or similar to cd bars which would then defeat the object.

Back