My Diary

Wobbly weekend (wouldn't be like me) but trying to get back to it today. Have done the big shop so have plenty on hand. Could do better!!

KB x

com on missis keep swimming you can doo this!

Hope all is well in the H household

xxxxxx

How's it going love?

OK it's me. Back again and fatter than ever. Very up and down on the home front, both boys now with significant health issues but it's taken me this long to realise that it isn't going away any time soon and getting fatter and fatter isn't the answer. I started back to my healthy lifestyle on Monday but plan to weigh in on a Wednesday so won't weigh till next week. So far so good, I'm actually glad to have stopped eating junk it's nearly a relief! I have done a small amount of exercise in addition to my 2 mile daily school walk and plan to build that up gradually over the next couple of weeks.
Hope everyone is keeping well and fighting the good fight, looking forward to catching up,

KB x

new year new start, i am sure you will get that weight shifted again. Sorry to hear about your sons not being well :(

I understand what you mean about relief getting away from the junk thats how i felt when i first started this. Good luck getting back into it again:)

Helllooooooo KB - great to see you back :D
Not so great to hear that your sons are both still unwell though, and that neither of their problems are going to vanish overnight :( This really must be a testing time for you all, and it's times like this when we all give in to our vices, so nobody could or would blame you for losing the plot a little where food is concerned.
I remember doing the same thing when both my parents were ill - dieting seemed insignificant compared to the other problems we had as a family, so I took a 'what the hell' kind of attitude to food, almost like I deserved to have treats to compensate for the stress!

Like you said though, feeling unhappy about your weight won't help the overall picture, and I know I feel loads better about myself when I'm eating healthily (even though I choose not to a lot of the time :eek:)

I also know the feeling of relief when you give up the junk and start getting back on track, it's almost like that niggling guilt has gone away, and you feel more positive just because you're doing something contructive about it.

Good luck with the next WI - I hope the first week's weight loss gives you the boost to carry on.
Catch up with you soon
xx

Hope you are ok Hun xx

Hi all, I'm back (again! I hear you cry!) and have been back on my healthy eating diet for a week. 5 pounds lost so far, I didn't want to come back and post until I had at least one week under my belt, I'm fed up restarting! I haven't been taking the Xenical (have some left from before) but took my first one at lunchtime, it's good to get back on track! We have also got a new dog so have been walking with him, as he gets older he'll be walking further and so will I. I have a wedding next year (my brother is marrying my best friend) so that is my long term goal, all this weight gone by the end of May next year, perfectly do-able. That's all for now, off to look at all the diaries and catch up. Hope everyone is well,

KB x

oooohhh yay
she is back... im so pleased!!!!!!!!!!!!
ive missed you!!

i too am back... (after pretty much putting back on all the weight i lost at cd....) through no fault but my own!!!

we can do this together!!!! :)

Thank you, ladies. Kes, we CAN do this. And we will. Eventually. Typically after coming back here I'm having a really hungry day and have probably eaten more than I should have but I find it balances out over the week. Being back on the tablets is weird, I'm getting back to eating low fat but some of the stuff isn't necessarily in the rules so fingers crossed I won't get punished for it tomorrow! Time will tell.
Rach, you are doing an amazing job, really well done so for, that's incredible progress, good for you.
Onwards and downwards for all of us,

KB x

Lunchtime and all good so far, not quite in the zone yet but working towards it. Trying to stay off the scales but doesn't always work. Weigh in will be on a Tuesday so I'm only going to take notice of that day's weight. I am going to need to up the exercise but I'm not too bad at the moment. I walk the kids (and dog) to and from school every day, that's about 2 miles in all, plus another walk for the dog in the evening, all in all probably about 3 miles. I try to keep the pace brisk but with children and dogs it isn't always possible. I'm planning on getting the Wii fired up again and doing some more of that.
More later! Have a great day,

KB

i have just done Jillian!!! (the 30 day shred.) if you dont have a copy of that.. i think you should get one.. its great!!

this is an ok one its only 20 mins, and you have the option of doing the easy or hard... its really good...
compared to her 30-45min workouts, its quite easy.. (but tough if you know what i mean!!)

A good day today, feel I am getting back in the zone slowly but surely. I did 4 miles along the shore last night with the dog, almost by accident. I had walked 2 before I realised it and of course then I had to walk back home again! Some of it was on the beach, some on the path but my legs are complaining loudly today!
I had a slim fast shake for breakfast this morning as I was on the go, then a wholemeal pitta with wafer thin ham, tomato, cucumber etc for lunch with low fat crisps and an apple, yogurt this afternoon and planning a weight watchers meal tonight with extra veg. I have done my usual school runs today so about 2 miles of walking. I will only get a short walk with the dog tonight as I have orchestra rehearsals but that's ok I think I'm going well and feeling great!
Hope everyone is having a great day,

KB x

Another good day so far today. The weekend is coming up and I find them so hard, just something about having husband/children at home, couple of cheeky vodkas of an evening, all a bad mix. Crisps are a big downfall for me and I have had to come to the realisation that I am not getting through the rest of my life without them, nor would I want to so this weekend I will do what I did last weekend. I have bought a large packet of M&S reduced fat sour cream and chive crisps (not reduced by much though!) and I will have half of the bag tonight and half tomorrow night. Also tomorrow night, and this sounds awful but is just my way of getting through, I will have some pizza. It is my favourite food in the world and we have it every Saturday night in front of the TV, the only night we don't eat around the table. If I didn't have it or had a low fat version I would feel so deprived I know I would fall off the wagon big time so this is my coping mechanism. I figure if I am good the rest of the week I can get away with it and stay on the wagon. I'm not talking carry-out by the way, just Tesco's best! Remind me of this when I haven't lost any weight at weigh in on Tuesday!
Lots of walking has been done again today with one thing and another, the poor dog has passed out in his bed and it's nearly time to go out again and do the school run/walk! Poor animal.
That's all for now, I'll probably post again later to keep me from snacking!

KB x

You do what you have to hun...

If that's gonna keep you sane, and on the road to a slim skinny road then you go for it...

Well done on the walking department.. that's brill...
I wish I lived near the seaside... I miss the beach so much...

Back