My Diary

Well he's stable for the moment but very ill.
Food and exercise all good today, especially compared to yesterday! I'm pleased that I managed to stick to it as usually when hubby is away I use the opportunity to stuff myself so glad I haven't.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Well he's stable for the moment but very ill. Food and exercise all good today, especially compared to yesterday! I'm pleased that I managed to stick to it as usually when hubby is away I use the opportunity to stuff myself so glad I haven't. Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Well done! Do they know what is wrong yet?

They have diagnosed swine flu! Still no idea why he is so ill given that he was young and healthy before this happened. Stable overnight, still on ventilator, hubby will stay in England until Saturday at the earliest, see how it goes.
Scales not great this morning but food and exercise good so far.

Omg swine flu! !! I didn't think that was still doing the rounds. I suppose its something that's always around. I am sure age will be on his side with this and get him through it. Fingers crossed.

Glad exercise and everything else is going well, scales are not my friend at the moment either for some reason.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Things aren't great, brother in law had made some improvement but we went back to square one just before the weekend, just a waiting game now but very hard when he's over there and everyone else is here. His wife is staying with him at the moment but that can't go on for ever, they have 2 children here for a start.
Anyway, very poor weekend food wise and alcohol so haven't weighed in for a few days but I'm back on the wagon today for the next few days. I am going to Cheshire on Thursday for 3 days so that's not going to go well food wise. At the moment I'm trying to change my flight to fly in to London, spend some time with my sister in law and then get the train to Crewe. No idea if I'll sort it on time though.
SO food and alcohol will be angelic for the next 3 days and we'll see what happens after that...

Sorry your brother in law took a turn for the worse again. But making that original improvement just shows he has the fight in him.

Say hello to Cheshire again for me :) I was at crewe station at Christmas for the first time in years.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Sooooo first of all brother in law doing much better, might get him transferred back to N Ireland in a week or 2.
Great weekend away in England,lots of eating and drinking and lots of time to think about weight loss. I've decided for a limited period, 3 weeks to be precise, I'm going to do some intermittent fasting. I'll start with 4:3 and change that to 5:2 if I need to. 3 weeks from now my brother, wife and children are coming here from England and I have decided to give it my all until then and then reassess depending on weight loss. No idea how it will go, I believe the first week is hell but should get better after that.

First fasting day ever. It is a bit of a relief not to eat after all that was consumed over the weekend! I am the sort of person who can manage not to eat at all in the day but once I start it's hard to stop! I am going to get slim fast type shakes today, these are recommended for the first 2 weeks so that calories can be counted exactly and nutrition is good on the down days. Hope I'm feeling as positive about it all tonight! I feel an early night coming on...

Wanting to keep my diary here for now till we see how things go. Down Day yesterday, 497 calories. Finding the Up Day a bit more challenging, not used to being able to eat whatever I fancy (within reason) guilt free! Will do my best :)

Just checking in. Still Juddd-ing, finding down days really quite easy, no problem so far, this is my third. Up days are more of a challenge, hard not to binge on everything in sight! Hoping that will change as time goes on. First weigh in tomorrow, expecting a good loss due to bingey weekend, food and drink, before starting this on Monday but no idea what will happen.

I'd been AWOL so didn't realise you were judding.... I tried 5:2 but I binged my up days but my mum has done brilliantly on it x

Thanks Lexie. Weigh in today and first of all I have to remind myself that I was away last weekend and it was a real bingey one so took me back above my post Christmas weight and was probably mostly fluid BUT since Monday I have lost 10 pounds, yes TEN pounds!! So pleased with that and the best thing is for the first time I can see this diet being very sustainable and very lifestyle friendly. Woop!!

Back