My Diary

Very true! All well here. Fruit salad for breakfast. I thought I wouldn't go out for my walk cos hubby is back at work and it's raining so would have to take assorted children with me but it dried up a bit so kids, bikes, dog and I all went. 3 miles, pleased with that. Mega salad for lunch with a packet of LF crisps. Then had a sneaky couple of squares of Galaxy but that should be ok. This afternoon I'm going to make butternut squash and sage soup out of BBC Good Food magazine. Someone bought me a subscription for Christmas which I though was a bit odd since I'm not a big cook but I LOVE it. I've mad a few bits already so will try the soup and have that for dinner.
I have had a headache for the past couple of days, this always happens to me when I start a diet and I have no idea why. I think it must be some sort of withdrawal from something but I haven't given up coffee or anything and I'm drinking loads of water, any ideas? It seems I have accidently reduced carbs, I haven't had any bread or bread products since NY which isn't like me so really the only carbs I'm getting are from veg,might be something to do with that. Anywa, I hope everyone is having a good day, 100%!

KB x

If your reducing the carb items, most of the time that means that you have also reduced your sugar intake .. most carby foods have sugar in them.. So headache could be sugar withdrawal.. Sure it will go soon :)

Bless you Kes, that's such a lovely thing to say. It does feel like you've been with me every step of the way though - and that makes me all the more determined not to let things slip. I don't want to let myself, or any of you down.
Glad to hear that today's been good KB - but sorry about the headache :( I had a cracking one yesterday too, but I think that was due to the drop from 4000 calories on Tuesday (!) to roughly 250 yesterday. I know I'm supposed to be doing the up day/down day diet, but that was probably a bit too extreme for my blood sugar to cope with ;)
Hope your head has improved now and that tomorrow is just as good on the dieting front
xx

hope the headache has gone hun... it is prob due to the carb drop... Biggest loser australia say that you should get your carbs only from fruit/veg (rather than rice and pasta) so i cant see that its a problem if you get what i mean..

Thank you, ladies, the headache has gone thank goodness and I'm feeling good. I made butternut squash and sage soup last night (BBC Good Food Mag) and it was GORGEOUS, no fat either. I did have a couple of slices of wheaten with it which may have helped the headache! Plenty of left overs too so that should keep me going for a day or two. I had a sneaky scale hop and was delighted with what i saw but I'm not putting anything in writing until official weigh in on Tuesday.
Have a good day everyone!

KB x

that soup sounds fab...

you should add it on the food sticky hun!!

Another good day today. Fruit salad for breakfast, walked up the street to meet a friend for coffee (JUST coffee) then home to get the dog and out for 3 mile walk along the shore. Salad for lunch, shopping for parents and delivering this afternoon, another 2-3 miles with the (very reluctant) dog tonight and butternut squash and sage soup tonight with 2 slices of bread, I will treat myself to a couple of cheeky vodkas tonight and half a packet of M&S reduced fat crisps which is my special treat. Saturday night is pizza night in this house so I made pizza for everyone else and I didn't have any and it's my favourite so my treat is well deserved I reckon. All good, and looking forward to weigh in on Tuesday morning, better be a good one!

KB x

I make homemade pizza and have never had a problem with it - if you roll the dough really thin, top with veg and a little bit of reduced fat cheese it comes out really nice! Or marks and Spencer's do a pizza in their low fat range which is under 500 Cals.. Don't deprive yourself just adapt to suit the diet x

Thank you, Hmmm, but I'm not to be trusted anywhere near pizza. They never have enough cheese on them for my liking so I have to add more which would cancel out the healthy ones! I'm honestly better off with none. I loved my soup tonight though, I'll be making more of that this week!

KB

sounds like you are on fire Hun x

Keep that will power up and you will do just fine!!!!

Weigh in tomorrow and I'm quite looking forward to it! I've had a really good week, the only problem is I had a sneaky scale hop on Friday and loved what I saw, now I'm expecting even more! I might not get it, since it's been TOTM and everything in between so don't want to be disappointed but am afraid I might be....
Lots of walking going on, the poor dog is exhausted! Food is all good too, no cheating at all which isn't like me. Hopefully I can keep this up for a few weeks and get a few good losses to keep me motivated.

KB x

Got to love the January ,privation and will power.. Fingers crossed it will stick around xx

Good luck for weigh in, and try not to be disappointed.. At least it will be a loss.

Well I can announce a 7 pound loss this week. Half a stone in a week, if only they could all be like this! It was 6 on Friday so only 1 from Friday to Tuesday but I'm not going to complain,

KB x

Whoop whopping. Doing little dance for you (secretly hoping it will shift my scales tomorrow if I praise everyone else's lol..)

Another good day done although I didn't get as much walking as I normally do with one thing and another. Food was all fine and I was running about from here to there all day so probably got some exercise that way. Looking forward to more good losses!

KB x

Back