MY DIARY

aysh

hi
ive never done this before
im 14 stone and looking to get down to 10.5 using the exante total solutions weight plan
i recieved my pack today and will start tomorrow
im writing this diary for myself as a form of accountability-i hope it works (!)
i dont expect anyone to read or comment, im too depressed to be witty or entertaining, but if someone better informed than myself reads this please feel free to message me a rough estimate as to how long it should take to reach my goal weight

thanks

Hey and welcome, I'm on day 10 and from what I've heard and read you can lose around 1st per month ( normally more in the first month) so that would make you reach goal by Halloween?? Amazing ! You'll get lords support on here. Any questions were always here. Good luck xx

thanks for that info much appreciated. i have PCOS to which unfotunately means weight loss is considerably slower, but i guess the main thing is i have started doing something about it.

I haven't found my PCOS has made any difference to my weight loss

I have PCOS too. I started losing weight in February. I'm now 2lbs away from losing 8 stone. Have a search on the Internet, there's quite a bit on it advocating VLCDs as being a good method for women with this condition to lose weight.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

so the PCOS element doesnt make a difference?!?!? thats brilliant news. i had been under the impression that it makes weight loss (in general) more difficult as we have 'thrifty' genes, and i also had an in depth discussion with a cdc who said the weight loss would be half of what a non PCOS sufferer would acheive

so the PCOS element doesnt make a difference?!?!? thats brilliant news. i had been under the impression that it makes weight loss (in general) more difficult as we have 'thrifty' genes, and i also had an in depth discussion with a cdc who said the weight loss would be half of what a non PCOS sufferer would acheive

I believe the reason that we find it harder to lose weight is because PCOS makes you insulin resistant. That makes sugars etc harder to break down and the ability to process carbohydrate impaired - just a rough gist of what a nurse told me.

From what I've read off the net, VLCDs make your hormones levels return to normal - they aren't sure whether that is through the fat reduction or the diet itself.

Theres quite a few of us on here that have PCOS on here and its not affected us in the slightest.

Good luck! xx

Just wanted to say I am new too and also have PCOS. I have just had a baby which Dr's told me would be near on impossible without treatment so take what they say with a pinch of salt. Two fingers to them I say. Chin up chick wont be long til you are looking in mirror and feeling great about yourself xx

im so pleased that the pcos doesnt makea difference. in a way that does make sense because insulin helps process carbs and the fact that we are having minimal carbs on this diet obviously helps the insulin work better. im on day 3 and seem to have lost 4 pounds. i know its just water weight but still its made me happy! i think ketosis should kick in soon. im feeling really hungry but determined! last night i felt so nauseous and weak i hope that has passed. cant believe ive made it to day 3 without cheating. i have an 18 month old little boy who LOVES food and whilst feeding him i havent caved in once!

at this rate i hope to lose a stone in this first month, i just hope i dont cheat along the way.

Hi Aysh

Good luck hun with this diet. I to have PCOS and on day 4 so far so only a day ahead of you. It would be good to keep in contact with you along the way as i am very similar stats to you with a similar goal.
And as others have said its difficult to believe everything you are told by a doctor as i was told i would need help conceiving but now have 2 wonderful boys. Doctors are not always right.

Good luck and hope day 3 is being kind to you.

Dee
xx

hi dee

would be good to keep in touch we can motivate each other! day 3 hasnt been too bad. i took my lil boy for a good hour long walk (he was in his pram) and i felt really refreshed. im finding it easier if i stick to water until about 3 pm, and then have my shakes/soups between 3 and 10 pm-how do you space yours out?

with regards to pcos isnt it a shame there is no consistent information regarding the condition amongst the medical community? i was told i would never have children and i managed to have ds without fertility help so it just goes to show there is a lack of understanding about it.

the main reason i want to lose weight is because im keen on having another baby and want to be in the best of health first. what is your motivation? how are you finding this first week?

x

hi

had a pretty good day today. took baby out in pram and walked loads and loads, and then took him to the park for an hour or so. my energy has returned and i havent felt hungry all day, only thirsty despite drinking at least 3 litres of water. i hope thats a good sign. just forced myself to have 3rd pack 5 minutes ago, its really weird not feeling hungry and not craving anything either. its only been four days but i think ive settled into the routine-which is fantastic, ive never done this before and thought id have given up by now. i feel slimmer but will keep off the scales till my weekly wi (i did check my weight yesterday and id lost 4 pounds!!)

anyways, hope all you guys are feeling just as positive :rainbow: x

You sound like you are right into the swing of exante - and in ketosis to!

It's all about routine this diet and you are defo going in the right direction - down the scales. The fab thing about this diet is you see results and fast.

Your doing fan hun xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back