My diet diary

Good luck for weigh-in! x

thanks! :D i lost 2lb, so combined with the 3lb i lost in the first 3 days it makes 5lb in a little over a week, which correlates with my weigh in on saturday :)

today we're going to watch titanic in 3d at the cinema with some friends, and i've planned ahead and they've all fitted round me which is so nice of them :eek: :) we were supposed to be going to an all-you-can-eat chinese afterwards, but i explained that i was on atkins and there would be hardly anything i could eat so they said that we'd go to the harvester instead :D i'm going to have the free buffet salad, and then for main either salmon or steak with veg. i'm going to ask them to replace the chips/potato/pasta with some broccoli and fried mushrooms :)

i've also bought some zero carb sweets from the low carb megastore and i've taken 3 sweets from each pack (so 9 sweets total) and a zero carb lollipop and put them in a little sandwich bag in my handbag so i've got something to eat in the cinema while the others are eating maltesers/popcorn etc :D today's menu -

breakfast - 3x scrambled eggs with 1tblsp butter

lunch - piece of cheese and a 1-carb chocolate bar (wouldn't normally eat this along with the sweets tonight but haven't been shopping yet and have nothing in! lol)

dinner - either salmon or steak, and salad with broccoli and mushrooms

snacks - 2x cheese strings, 3x coffees with soya milk, 9 zero carb sweets and 1 zero carb lolly

well done on the loss,and nice of your friends to change dinner venue,
hope you have a lovely time. Titanic is defo not on my list.

Hi Beki, well dne on the weigh in:). Hope you are having a great well planned out evening. Also hope sf sweeties dont cause tummy problems :eek:

Hope you are having a lovely evening, I had the salmon with loads of salad last time we went to a Harvester :)

evening all! :D well last night went exactly as i'd planned it food-wise so i'm really pleased with myself :) the harvester was awful though. we usually enjoy the food there, but last night i ordered the lamb steaks meal and asked for no chips/potatoes etc and asked for another veg instead of beans and peas as they're the only 2 veg that i don't like. the waitress said they couldn't replace the peas or beans with anything else as they're not allowed to!!! so i had to order a side of mushrooms instead. when my plate came out it was two perfectly formed round circles of lamb and two mushrooms. looked disgusting!!!

so i asked her if the lamb was reformed meat - she went and asked the chefs who said it was on a roll and they just cut off slices and fry them. so yes, reformed meat. bleughr! i said i couldn't eat it, so i ate my mushrooms and she took the lamb away and asked if i wanted anything else instead - i asked for a salmon fillet. it came out very dry but at least it was edible. bonus was she only charged me for the piece of salmon, not the mushrooms, and my meal (including the free salad which was delish!) was only £3.99 instead of almost £12 that the lamb and mushrooms would have cost me :D lol. she must have thought i was the fussiest person in the world, but it looked truly disgusting :eek:

Hi Beki, well dne on the weigh in:). Hope you are having a great well planned out evening. Also hope sf sweeties dont cause tummy problems :eek:

funny you should say that - as soon as i'd eaten them in the cinema i had the most horrendous stomach cramps (well, what i thought was stomach cramps - it turned out to be trapped wind - OUCH!). they lasted all evening until i went to bed. not pleasant! today's menu...

breakfast - two cheese strings

lunch - nothing as was asleep all day with a migraine

dinner - pork belly done in the oven with salad (2 cups shredded lettuce, 1 cup of cucumber)

snacks - piece of cheese, 5x coffees with soya milk

Yes those sf sweeties are awful! I'm avoiding them this go around but could only ever do max 2 a day.

Well done on standing up for proper food at the Harvester! I know when I started eating better on Atkins, it was important to me to really enjoy the food and not do what i'd done in the past and shovel it down, regardless of taste :)

Sorry you had the s/f reaction - happens to most of us though. I can only have one of those boiled sweets or else I get the same thing, REALLY painful wind and sometimes more. Same with s/f jelly, all Thorntons diabetic chocolate and some Atkins stuff :(

What's so frustrating is that each sweetener has different effect in diff amounts. Sorbitol gives me wind like you describe but can manage 2 little sweets ok. Some of the others cause cramps and some runny tummy. Frankly wonder why we bother....in fact i rarely do it so maybe a good thing! ;)

hello helloooo! :D well, i've been neglecting my diet diary, oops! lol :eek: i've been 100% again though, food-wise. i was away all weekend and had far too much to drink on saturday and sunday night (malibus and diet cokes). but i weighed in again last night and had lost another 2lb so i'm really pleased with that :D today's menu -

brunch - smoked mackerel and 50g cheese

dinner - roast chicken, 3x cups broccoli, gravy made with stock (2 carbs)

snacks - 20g sugar-free chocolate (0.6 carbs), 4x coffees made with unsweetened soya milk, 50g cheese

Well done Beki... I'm rubbish with sf stuff... It makes me hungry and windy lol xx

Back