My diet plan! Opinions please.

pogle88

Hi all,

So I've been dieting on and off to various extremes for all my life. I'm now 23, 12 weeks post baby, and weighing in at 19 stone!

My weight started at 23stone, I got down to 16 pre pregnancy. Put on 3 stone during pregnancy. Now I have to get back to 16 then keep going to around 11stone.
I lost the first 7 stone by going to the gym 3 hours a day and eating only a yoghurt for b'fast, lettuce and tomato salad for lunch and a small dinner including veg with fish/meat.

What do you think the realistic weight loss would be if I were to follow this again but without the gym?? Obviously I can't do that with a baby!

Any help would be fab.

Rosie and get soon to be shrinking waistline. Xx

Hi Rosie, Well done on getting back to the grind of losing weight... :D

First of all sweetie, you really must eat much more than that if you are to stay healthy and look after your wee baby.
The lowest you should go is 1200 calories per day.
There are lots of online sites where they calculate cals for you so it takes all that hard work out of it.
I weigh all my foods and whilst that may be a bit of a pain to start with, you soon get used to having a good idea of how much things will weigh without going to that lengths.
There are lots of menus on line too.

All the very best to you ... :)

Here is a days plan

Breakfast - Allbran 1oz + Milk 90ml
Lunch - Chicken 6oz + Peas + Carrot + Potato mash + stuffing
Snack - Banana
Dinner - Krackerbread 4 + Ham 3oz + Yogurt fruit 125g
Supper - Pear + Bread + Marmalade 15g
Extra - Milk 180ml + Cranberry juice 90ml

Calories 1232 Carbs 177 Fat 23 Protein 80 Sugars 98 Fibre 14

Last edited:
Congratulations on your new baby. :)

I'm no expert on how much should/shouldn't be eaten but my guess would be that what you've suggested isn't enough. I'm sure some others on here will help you more.

I get all my calorie info from myfitnesspal. That will work out for you how much you should be eating.

Good luck anyway x

Back